Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Slightly off topic but if anyone follows Andy Holt on Twitter I noticed that someone had donated a Rovers season ticket from 1891 to him and he is going to be putting it in their display cabinets when the ground is reopen.

Not sure why such things are ending up on display at Accy Stanley rather than at Ewood but kind of sums things up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look through the windows. There's even trees growing inside. 

So true Andy. In 1969 the big FA Cup match against Man City was called off several times. Before one of the postponements Rovers put a call out for volunteers to help clear the snow off the pitch. Alo

Again it comes down to a complete lack of interest from India. No way would people like Waggott get away with the ground being in the state it is at any other club. You look at Andy Holt at Accy he ha

Posted Images

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Slightly off topic but if anyone follows Andy Holt on Twitter I noticed that someone had donated a Rovers season ticket from 1891 to him and he is going to be putting it in their display cabinets when the ground is reopen.

Not sure why such things are ending up on display at Accy Stanley rather than at Ewood but kind of sums things up.

Does the club even still have a historian/archivist?

Always strikes me when a player from the 60s/70s passes away and there’s a Tweet saying ‘the club is saddened...’

Who at the club is? Who is still left in the hierarchy with any connection to the area or a pre Venky time?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynsey Talbot is general manager.  She is currently involved in a Rovers museum project. I'm sure the season ticket from 1891 would have been exactly the sort of thing the project would have been interested in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Museum project?...damn shame nobody else knows about it...

Fans Forum meeting minutes March 2019:

Museum / Heritage Project Still in the early stages the Club have met with John Murray of the Supporters Trust discussing suitable areas within the stadium: funding opportunities: memorabilia and former player / fan involvement. The Club are looking at perhaps a smaller exhibition to begin with to generate fan interest and kick start future funding. One challenge will be the naming of the project to make it current and exciting. Given the rich and successful history of Rovers cataloguing the memorabilia that is held by Rovers alone will take some time and will be completed before inviting donations from fans themselves. The club is looking at setting up a fans consultation group when time is appropriate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Fans Forum meeting minutes March 2019:

Museum / Heritage Project Still in the early stages the Club have met with John Murray of the Supporters Trust discussing suitable areas within the stadium: funding opportunities: memorabilia and former player / fan involvement. The Club are looking at perhaps a smaller exhibition to begin with to generate fan interest and kick start future funding. One challenge will be the naming of the project to make it current and exciting. Given the rich and successful history of Rovers cataloguing the memorabilia that is held by Rovers alone will take some time and will be completed before inviting donations from fans themselves. The club is looking at setting up a fans consultation group when time is appropriate.

Match 2019. So this project is moving at breakneck speed then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Match 2019. So this project is moving at breakneck speed then. 

There must be staff at Ewood who have been twiddling their thumbs over the past 10 months who could have been making a start with this project. Also, I am sure there are supporters who would be willing to give up their time to help with this as well. 

Typical couldn’t give a shit management.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

There must be staff at Ewood who have been twiddling their thumbs over the past 10 months who could have been making a start with this project. Also, I am sure there are supporters who would be willing to give up their time to help with this as well. 

Typical couldn’t give a shit management.

 

Waggott, Lynsey Talbot. Genuinely I could do a better job of running rovers in my spare time and I’d do it for gratis. I’d love them to call my bluff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

There must be staff at Ewood who have been twiddling their thumbs over the past 10 months who could have been making a start with this project. Also, I am sure there are supporters who would be willing to give up their time to help with this as well. 

Typical couldn’t give a shit management.

 

Again payment for the work could be in the form of a season ticket for next season. There will be plenty left over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Waggott, Lynsey Talbot. Genuinely I could do a better job of running rovers in my spare time and I’d do it for gratis. I’d love them to call my bluff. 

Are you a LB too, that would be an immense help

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Are you a LB too, that would be an immense help

Sadly not. But neither are bell and Douglas from what I’ve seen. So am I a shite left back at championship level yes I am 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Waggott, Lynsey Talbot. Genuinely I could do a better job of running rovers in my spare time and I’d do it for gratis. I’d love them to call my bluff. 

If they do call your bluff, I would come along as an assistant also for gratis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/08/2020 at 11:11, Mattyblue said:

Because of the late start to the season, there are a large number of Saturday/Tuesday fixtures over winter. If it is looking a mess in August, you can only imagine what it will be like in January...

Like I said...

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

On the plus side the pitch should hopefully prove to be a bit of a leveller on Tuesday night as on a good pitch Swansea would play us off the park.

Then somebody needs to tell Kaminski to kick the f***ing ball into the opponents' half and stop piddling about with it in our own penalty area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

On the plus side the pitch should hopefully prove to be a bit of a leveller on Tuesday night as on a good pitch Swansea would play us off the park.

It doesn’t work like that, it’s only a negative to Rovers, just like bad officials only go against us, and injuries

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.