BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has said that the club intend to invest in playing surface at Ewood Park and Brockhall pitches 

I should think so — it’s a disgrace. Let’s also have a full investigation into how has it got like this, whilst we’re at it, to ensure that we avoid having to rip the entire thing up again. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has said that the club intend to invest in playing surface at Ewood Park and Brockhall pitches 

They 'invest' in the pitches every summer by replanting them. The problem is that it is bare minimum levels and over a decade it catches up on you. 

Investment could mean a truckload of soil and grass seed. But that won't solve anything, particularly when the weather turns bad.

About time we did more than the bare minimum and took some pride in the club.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

They 'invest' in the pitches every summer by replanting them. The problem is that it is bare minimum levels and over a decade it catches up on you. 

Investment could mean a truckload of soil and grass seed. But that won't solve anything, particularly when the weather turns bad.

About time we did more than the bare minimum and took some pride in the club.

From those that know what they are talking about, that was the suggestion. It was refused by 2 individuals who know fuck all about anything that matters!

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Mowbray spouts utter bullsh1t.

I think it's all about self preservation - excuse, after excuse, after excuse - IT'S NEVER HIS FAULT.

A decent bloke, a man of integrity - not in my book.

The day he goes, I will uncork one of my finest reds in celebration.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

Who’d have thought training on the Ewood pitch (despite the fact Jack gave us the wonderful facilities at Brockhall) and trying to skimp on the use of undersoil heating during a prolonged freezing and snowy spell might cause lasting damage to the surface?!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

It was proposed at the end of season before last, what the pitch would be like now, if proposals weren't actioned.

The cost was £1.5 million to have the best pitch, technologically, fabric etc in the country. The proposal was refused before it got to India, I believe.

Look at the bloody result! Who is to blame?

Shows what clowns they are....if they had have just kept the best grounds man in the area on 50k per annum for the last 10 years they'd have saved a million minus the tools....we would still have the best surface around.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

It was proposed at the end of season before last, what the pitch would be like now, if proposals weren't actioned.

The cost was £1.5 million to have the best pitch, technologically, fabric etc in the country. The proposal was refused before it got to India, I believe.

Exactly that mate, then the next thing down would have been a full renovation which is 6 figures..... They went for the light renovation which with the state the pitch was towards end of last season, was never gonna work. I'm surprised the company who did it were willing to put there name too it, knowing how it would end up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Shows what clowns they are....if they had have just kept the best grounds man in the area on 50k per annum for the last 10 years they'd have saved a million minus the tools....we would still have the best surface around.  

Shagnew to thank for that!

I guess you're talking about Steve Patrick?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Shagnew to thank for that!

I guess you're talking about Steve Patrick?

Wasn’t there something iffy about his departure. I vaguely recall when he’d gone wasn’t allowed to disclose why. As with most people who have left under the Venkys all seemed to be cloak and dagger stuff with the lawyers in hot pursuit.

Probably asked for a new lawn mower and was told to get his coat. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

I was thinking about the way the club is run off the pitch from Waggott down to the middle managers. Even this thread alone shines a light on the true incompetence of most employed there.

The initial reason for someone starting this is when it emerged on social media about the sorry state of the weeds, etc, outside the blues bar...only after being shamed the club sprayed weed killer down and promised to sort out the general area. A month or so goes past the general area still a dump and some folk off here (defo recall chaddy doing it) contacted the club and finally something was done. Once again weeks, maybe months, before it became an issue folk were discussing the state of the pitch and what do the dummies at ewood do, nothing absolutely nothing. Not only nothing but hold extra training sessions on it. Can’t make their stupidity up. 

It’s like they’re incapable of 1 seeing the bloody obvious of what needs to be done and 2 doing something about it without being prompted by Joe public. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Wasn’t there something iffy about his departure. I vaguely recall when he’d gone wasn’t allowed to disclose why. As with most people who have left under the Venkys all seemed to be cloak and dagger stuff with the lawyers in hot pursuit.

Probably asked for a new lawn mower and was told to get his coat. 

More to do with delivery of something involving one of the club 'governors' tossers, at the time!

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I was thinking about the way the club is run off the pitch from Waggott down to the middle managers. Even this thread alone shines a light on the true incompetence of most employed there.

The initial reason for someone starting this is when it emerged on social media about the sorry state of the weeds, etc, outside the blues bar...only after being shamed the club sprayed weed killer down and promised to sort out the general area. A month or so goes past the general area still a dump and some folk off here (defo recall chaddy doing it) contacted the club and finally something was done. Once again weeks, maybe months, before it became an issue folk were discussing the state of the pitch and what do the dummies at ewood do, nothing absolutely nothing. Not only nothing but hold extra training sessions on it. Can’t make their stupidity up. 

It’s like they’re incapable of 1 seeing the bloody obvious of what needs to be done and 2 doing something about it without being prompted by Joe public. 

Absolutely, we know fuck all! (in their eyes)

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

I think Mowbray spouts utter bullsh1t.

I think it's all about self preservation - excuse, after excuse, after excuse - IT'S NEVER HIS FAULT.

A decent bloke, a man of integrity - not in my book.

The day he goes, I will uncork one of my finest reds in celebration.

I'll be joining you with a fine Chablis!

I could also second guess the reasons for signing so many 'Boro cast offs (duffers) in the knowledge of Neil Warnock's extra curricular activities!

Edited by darrenrover

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Who’d have thought training on the Ewood pitch (despite the fact Jack gave us the wonderful facilities at Brockhall) and trying to skimp on the use of undersoil heating during a prolonged freezing and snowy spell might cause lasting damage to the surface?!

I wouldn't mind if training on the pitch actually improved the team. They might as well train at the front of the riverside, with the performances that are produced.

• Like 4

GAA ,both football and hurling was being played up until Christmas week. 30 guys trampling around fields and I never saw a bad pitch, let alone one like yesterday. GAA is amateur. Ground work is done by volunteers by and large. 

I don't think it's rocket science and Mowbray going on about 3-4 million pounds to fix it is is nonsese. They obviously don't have enough staff hired or, and I don't mean to sound harsh, not good enough staff. It's inexcusable for a professional club to have a pitch like yesterday. 

I have seen better horse racing tracks. It's just mad. I can't believe how bad it was. It definitely shows something about the club and how it's really being run. 

13 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I believe that pitch improvements fall outside the FFP calculations.

• Like 2

How is Tomo going to persuade the other 23 teams in the league to get their pitches up to lawn bowl standards so we can shine with our total mowball philosophy, although it will be probably easier than going for the radical idea of a plan B

Edited by perthblue02

The cost of a desso pitch can be 7 figures. But certainly not 3 or 4 million unless you are doing it on all the pitches we have including the training ground.

To just do Ewood it would be more like £1 million. Expensive yes but that is a one off, so divide over many years and the costs come down.

I wouldn't blame the ground staff. They can only work with what they are given and it is clear that isn't enough. Who'd have thought that the best owners we could hope for would cut corners on facilities. 

A symptom of their neglect and lack of care. Thankfully it might force the issue now People can see what a mess it is and we get a public shaming for it.

Won't be long before Players are looking for a move because they are fed up of playing on a mud heap.

• Like 2