BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

From my seat in NO1 of the Blackburn End, the metalwork between the BEnd and JW was absolutely covered in grime… the Totally Wicked devil that hangs between the stands has been infected too.

Just looked generally very shabby… ‘furlough’, obviously. Though not sure what the excuse was prior to March 2020.

Cheers for the reply - sad to see ewood like that. i used to be so proud of the stadium,.

imo there can be no excuse for not keeping the ground clean. Im over in September for the Luton & Hull games - ill maybe bring a bucket and a sponge and clean it myself lol 

• Like 1

On 06/08/2021 at 10:23, Ianrally said:

Engineers blue in my case too! 
regards the limits, we worked in microns but for the lads at Foster Yates and Thoms it was plus or minus a cap kneb!

The place I was working at got a cast iron inspection table from Foster, Yates and Thom when it closed. I was over there years later when the site was occupied by a company that did export packaging. I was chatting to one of the young lads there and we got on to wages. I said “ How much do they pay you here ? “ 

The lad replied “ About 80 pints a week “.

Don't anyone tell me that Waggot doesn't have the training grounds best interests at heart.

Look at the entrance, those flower pots are £11 at The Range, the fake conifers behind are £7.99, they don't have to spend that money you know.

941265785_JohnPark.JPG.gallery.jpg.ddc84c7d7cbde701aeb55d45371efe76.jpg 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gav said:

Don't anyone tell me that Waggot doesn't have the training grounds best interests at heart.

Look at the entrance, those flower pots are £11 at The Range, the fake conifers behind are £7.99, they don't have to spend that money you know.

What does the guy in the middle do?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Is he wearing someone else's suit? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot remember on which thread I posted my complaints about the Riverside facilities. However, this season there is very little change. I complained about the toilets having useless hot air hand driers. These are still there.

I mentioned cold water to the wash-hand basins which I wasn't bothered about.

Lo and behold.............today I washed my hands in warm water. Rovers have actually installed water heaters on the walls of the toilet facilities.

I guess that's a step in the right direction. Thank you Rovers for that.

• Like 1

• Backroom

The family stand seems to have had very little attention, the steps up the the seats are all cracking, probably not an issue for now but some look like they’ll be a danger in time.

There’s a chief steward or similar, nice chap who is usually around the concourse entrance nearest the centre (where I sit) and he was making notes yesterday of issues he’d spotted so hopefully there will be things done.

Have to say the pitch isn’t looking great so early in its life though 

41 minutes ago, Tom said:

The family stand seems to have had very little attention, the steps up the the seats are all cracking, probably not an issue for now but some look like they’ll be a danger in time.

There’s a chief steward or similar, nice chap who is usually around the concourse entrance nearest the centre (where I sit) and he was making notes yesterday of issues he’d spotted so hopefully there will be things done.

At the U23s game last week, the bloke sat next to me, his seat colapsed when the hinge broke due to it being corroded. Luckily he was not hurt, but he could have easily done some serious damage. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Waggot will be "looking into it" no doubt 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Could also be a requirement due to the ongoing covid situation for public venues.

He'd probably have a standpipe and stone trough at the end of the walkway if he thought it would save a few quid.

• Like 2

• Backroom
57 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

What's going on with the big screen? It seems to be just an advertising board now.

We used to get goal replays & other close chances plus both teams up for a majority of the game.

Never realised how much I used it for things like "who's their no. 6?" or "hasn't he already been booked?"

With not having a physical programme anymore for player references I think this is something which definitely needs to return.

I commented on how bad both the screen and the scoreboard look, really showing their age and dead ‘pixels’ all over the place 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Athlete said:

The situation at the refreshment/bars is shocking slow and clueless behind their..

Piss poor organisation shocking prices across the board! I will not spend a penny there as a result of disgraceful pricing I mean £3.80 for a pie! That’s atrocious pricing ripping off the football supporter because they are really not that good ! £2.20 for a 50p bottle of water?

Waggott the maggot out🤬

• Like 3

Are the pies £3.80 when any team brings over 1.5k and £2.50 when we play a team that won't ?

Because pricing people out of buying the things is following on from the actual match tickets.  Barely sell enough to make it worthwhile.....answer, put prices up to cover it.

Job done.

Useless lazy clueless w####r.

I think the teams were displayed on the big screen against Swansea. Can't remember whether they were against Morecambe.

I really think we are now at the stage where these things are just overlooked or forgotten or if someone is off sick or on holiday it doesn't get done and just falls between the cracks 

I don't know whats worse. That this is deliberate and down to relentless cuts or that it is accidental and just overlooked.

It really is poor. 

Speaking more generally the big screen is way past its day and should be replaced. Having played at Forest and Millwall recently both those clubs have modern jumbo screens which are larger and more useful than what we have.

I'm sure this is something else our billionaires would be able to address but unfortunately can't compete with rich clubs like Millwall.

• Like 5

Ground gets neglected in areas for so long as well as the pitch that suddenly they are faced with a multi million pound bill to refurbish it all.  

Somebody will pitch it to the owners it'll be cheaper and more in keeping with our modern status to whack up a new smaller ground next to the motorway.  The ASDA brothers buy the Ewood site for a supermarket.

Rovers get a 20k state of the art (Ikea style)  Venky ground with training facility next door just up the road.  The sales of Ewood and Brockhall cover most of it, the nodding dogs nod along on the LT and facebook groups.

Not saying it's a plan or it'll actually happen but if you were a smarmy exec or middleman it might be a plan you'd be pitching. It wouldn't happen in next few years but certainly possible within another decade i'd say. 

Because we might well end up in a situation where there is little choice and we are run by people who only seem good at downgrading and squeezing everything until it pops. The running costs for Ewood and Brockhall must be huge compared to our tiny income now.

That's before you take into account the neglect AND future vital upgrades that will pile up on top of each other as time goes on. I doubt the owners are aware or take any notice of this nor is it anything they'll consider until it gets plonked in front of them.

Without a season or 2 in the Prem the future is looking very different for Rovers and Ewood no matter how many young lower paid players they produce.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

Spot on @tomphil.

Eventually all the little things will add up and we'll have a big bill. Someone mentioned the cracking steps in the family stand; I saw the exact same thing myself at the U23 game last week. Before they know it, the frost will come, the steps will fail, and they'll have a H&S issue.

It's similar in the JWU. The stairways have seen better days, they can't even be arsed repainting the yellow strips at the edge of the steps. It just looks scruffy.

Re food pricing. The prices for drinks and food are beyond a joke. My daughter always used to got herself a hotdog, she reckons last season it was £3.50 which was bad enough. This season....£4.50 for basically a bread roll and a frankfurter.

On Saturday, I bought 2 soft drinks and 2 chocolate bars. It was over 7 quid!!!!