BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

I see the club have discarded Blackburn Rovers Football Club display board from under the camera gantry in the Jack Walker stand.

It would be good if they could do something like Rangers FC have done with 1875, club badge and Jack Walker stand at either side.

https://twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1379090555007815680/photo/1

Edited by ewoody

• 2 months later...

This post does not quite fit this thread but it was really good to see lots of fans in the Rovers club shop this afternoon on ‘black Friday’.  Thanks to decent Macron kits hopefully the retail side will be adding some value this season.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Having just taken part in the Blackburn 10k, first time up to Ewood in a few years for various reasons, it was sad to see Ewood looking so grubby, certainly from the outside. Needs a good power wash! How expensive is that? Interior looked much better.

what was more surprising, or not perhaps given those in charge, was that the club shop showed no signs of life.  How many times will you have up to a thousand people in the vicinity of the ground on a Sunday morning, especially buoyed by the current form. I would have certainly spent a few pounds. Missed and trick spring to mind.

great to be back at Ewood however and determined to make the Barnsley game.

• Like 1

It’s the small things, I.e just general maintenance and cleaning, with a bit of rota-ed care and attention you can keep the place in good nick - but if they get left for a number of years they gradually turn into much bigger, and much more expensive jobs.

Standard false economy down there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Why don’t Brfcs arrange tidy up at the ground? Plenty of posts in this thread, I’m sure many would give the time.

Do we club together for a landscaper for Brockhall,  a fencer for the railing that come.out of ground in  Gallaghers hand when he touched it as he ran past....the whole set up is dropping to bits.  What does Mogadon and Maggot say about it when they come the ground....jokers the lot.of them.

• Like 1

It shouldn't need the fans on their own time and money making an effort in order to save the face of people who get paid a lot of money to run the club and instead are content to be sat idle. 

I would say that the fans doing the maintenance of Ewood would put the management to shame, but they don't appear to get shame as a concept. 

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, broadsword said:

It shouldn't need the fans on their own time and money making an effort in order to save the face of people who get paid a lot of money to run the club and instead assist to be adsat idle. 

I would say that the fans doing the maintenance of Ewood would put the management to shame, but they don't appear to get shame as a concept. 

That would take a modicum of self respect.

Sorry didn’t realise we were now operating at Northern Premier/NW Counties level were volunteers are often relied to keep on top of the place, but a club with a turnover in the tens of millions, execs on more than a quarter of a million a year and billionaire owners…

though I am probably also doing a disservice to the likes of Clitheroe FC who I imagine use a jet washer more than once a decade!

• Like 9

Blackburn with Darwen Council is expected to spend £412m in year 21/22 - This goes towards, staffing, running costs, building maintenance and such like, but that doesn't stop volunteers tidying up estates across the borough, cleaning fly tipping hotspots and generally offering time for free to keep the place looking tidy.

And fans do - I.e the sorting out of John Lewis’ grave, 100 Club purchasing kit, minibuses  for the academy etc.

But down at Ewood we are talking about a ground that has been left to get into a dilapidated state over a decade, it is the club that needs to sort out the remedial work, not fans with litter pickers…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Blackburn with Darwen Council is expected to spend £412m in year 21/22 - This goes towards, staffing, running costs, building maintenance and such like, but that doesn't stop volunteers tidying up estates across the borough, cleaning fly tipping hotspots and generally offering time for free to keep the place looking tidy.

If your local Tesco's was looking somewhat dilapidated, would you volunteer to give it a bit of a clean-up? "Here's the money for my weekly shop, and here's another tenner for a mop and bucket, lovely"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And fans do - I.e the sorting out of John Lewis’ grave, 100 Club purchasing kit, minibuses  for the academy etc.

But down at Ewood we are talking about a ground that has been left to get into a dilapidated state over a decade, it is the club that needs to sort out the remedial work, not fans with litter pickers…

If you scroll back through the thread much of the complaints are around the state of the surrounding area, rubbish, weeds, detritus and such like, all easily solved with a concerted effort from a group of fans.

1 minute ago, broadsword said:

If your local Tesco's was looking somewhat dilapidated, would you volunteer to give it a bit of a clean-up? "Here's the money for my weekly shop, and here's another tenner for a mop and bucket, lovely"

Are you seriously comparing the local Tesco to Ewood Park, an Ewood Park where we all grew up, our fathers and grandfathers grew up on the terraces over decades?

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

If you scroll back through the thread much of the complaints are around the state of the surrounding area, rubbish, weeds, detritus and such like, all easily solved with a concerted effort from a group of fans.

Crossed purposes then, I was assuming you thought it was fans who should be cleaning up the mess on the actual BRFC owned site.

14 hours ago, Gav said:

Why don’t Brfcs arrange tidy up at the ground? Plenty of posts in this thread, I’m sure many would give the time.

39 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Has it come to this sad state of affairs...where is the care and duty from within the Club ?

Jesus christ!

Come on SG194 get into the spirit of things, its not like we have multi millionaire owners who promised to respect the Jack walker legacy.

How many people on here know how to use a sewing machine? Maybe if there are enough volunteers we can make some kits for the club to sell when they eventually run out, if we start a go fund me we can buy the material from Macron.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Shameful. Does the Legends Lounge even exist any more? Certainly isn't a venue open to supporters to use so might as well remove that sign.

But remember a few things:

FFP rules

'We've done all we can'

'Venkys want to invest but are prevented by the rules'

'Venkys never refuse a cheque'

• Like 7