BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

It's so sad to see.

I think it's shocking management all round.

A perspective - Smallwood off the wage bill 12 months ago (instead of, IMO, Mowbray's sentimentality) would have more than funded a new pitch!

Scandalous.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

They just don't seem to allocate funding like that i suspect stuff for Ewood gets allocated out of matchday takings/STs etc whilst the football pot & wages come directly from VH group.

Sure someone down there once said something along those lines in regards to ground maintenence. If not and they'd rather wet nurse certain players than have a good pitch it's even more farcical than we thought. 

Doubt it's anything to do with FFP either.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

It's so sad to see.

I think it's shocking management all round.

A perspective - Smallwood off the wage bill 12 months ago (instead of, IMO, Mowbray's sentimentality) would have more than funded a new pitch!

Scandalous.

Yeah but that wouldn't have been fair on the poor lad. Have a heart, Mercer.

• Like 4

There is a team for the maintenance of Ewood Park. When it came to light about the weeds and the general untidiness , then a strong message to sort it was issued and within 24 hours it was done.

A lot of the pictures were from the back of houses on Bolton Road, and not within Ewood Park.

So great spotting by BRFCS members and a reasonable reaction from the Club. Now for Season-tickets going on Sale and us reacting to buy them,hopefully.  to the initial limit of how much the capacity will be during October. As I understand it, the 6 Blackburn Wards still in lockdown, are making the Blackburn with Darwen Resilience Forum, who have to agree the Club's plans, very HESITANT!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Can you do Jurassic Park with Moggasaurus in the dugout?

Currently shooting the promo pics for the follow up to  Indiana Jones and the visit to the Rovers shop,

It's set in Brunei and Barnet ,   and called Indiana Jones and the raiders of the 50 million war chest  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mhead said:

A lot of the pictures were from the back of houses on Bolton Road, and not within Ewood Park.

Whether this is a Council issue or not it's still NOT been addressed as of this morning...it makes the Stadium look a right dump.Its right against the Wall and Railing of the Jack Walker Stand outer concourse.STILL NOT UP TO STANDARD.

20200821_101357_resized.jpg

20200821_101831_resized_1.jpg

Edited by A Northern Horde...
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Whether this is a Council issue or not it's still NOT been addressed as of this morning...it makes the Stadium look a right dump.Its right against the Wall and Railing of the Jack Walker Stand outer concourse.STILL NOT UP TO STANDARD.

20200821_101357_resized.jpg

20200821_101831_resized_1.jpg

Yes, a disgrace.  Even if its outside the fence and technically not on the land, they should do right by the residents and keep it looking like a visitors attraction it is...

• Like 1

Is walking or driving through filth going to attract new visitors to Ewood Park? New sponsors to associate their company and bring their clients on match day?

We've enough difficulties nearby with the horrific council and their schemes along Alan Shearer way, dragging the area down and making it an unpleasant place to visit, the least Rovers can do is keep the ground and entrances in good condition.

The fact that it took photos going online and uproar to shame them into taking action is the problem here.

Looking after your area doesn't stop on the boundaries of your property. How many people on here would be comfortable with garbage piling up on the pavement outside your house and do nothing about it because it should be up to the council to sort?

I know in most decent neighbourhoods people would take some pride and responsibility for it and get it shifted.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Is walking or driving through filth going to attract new visitors to Ewood Park? New sponsors to associate their company and bring their clients on match day?

We've enough difficulties nearby with the horrific council and their schemes along Alan Shearer way, dragging the area down and making it an unpleasant place to visit, the least Rovers can do is keep the ground and entrances in good condition.

The fact that it took photos going online and uproar to shame them into taking action is the problem here.

Looking after your area doesn't stop on the boundaries of your property. How many people on here would be comfortable with garbage piling up on the pavement outside your house and do nothing about it because it should be up to the council to sort?

I know in most decent neighbourhoods people would take some pride and responsibility for it and get it shifted.

This is something you should be petitioning the local council for if you believe so strongly. You wouldn't ask Ewood Bikes to start weeding the canal bridge right by them would you?

The problem with the weeds / litter on the council adopted roads are the councils problem.

Clearly, looking after your area does stop on the boundaries of peoples' properties round there, otherwise they wouldn't have let it get in such a state. I remember when I used to walk to school down that road in primary school and people would be outside sweeping their part of the alleyway to keep it clean. Times have changed. It is the same around all alleys around that area now, they are just dumps.

• Like 1

Just goes to show the mentality of these council people after so much has been done in the area to sort out the road etc.

Then they leave the rest of it to rot.

As always some residents need to have a good look at themselves as well it's a collective thing. Council has to lead the way though and i agree on the caravan site it looks worse by the year.

8 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I remember when I used to walk to school down that road in primary school and people would be outside sweeping their part of the alleyway to keep it clean. Times have changed. 

It's time they changed back then. I remember my grandma colouring the front door step with a donkey stone. Not only that but council-owned paving flags that abutted her house as well.

There's a playing field at the back of me. The council cut it. But I strim the part that they cannot cut right up to my fence. I also clear the weeds from the road gutter in front of my house because the street sweeper cannot get them all up.

I'm proud of where I live and want to keep it looking tidy. Rovers should do the same.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm proud of where I live and want to keep it looking tidy. Rovers should do the same.

Particularly as in most towns like Blackburn the football club is the heart of the community and should be a source of pride. At the moment the club is a source of embarrassment. It may well be impossible to build a side capable of promotion but not letting the ground and immediate vicinity become derelict seems an easy fix 

On 31/08/2020 at 20:26, A Northern Horde... said:

well its ain't Rovers fault that outside stadium ground it is a mess. But the council aren't interested areas like Ewood and Mill Hill

Blackburn need a complete revamping, I drove through last week and Ewood Park was locked up again but a couple of people were tidying the ground up. Thought club shop might be open

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Prelude said:

Pic taken today! Still not been cleaned! I thought Waggott said this would be taken care of before the season starts???

IMG_20201003_140527.jpg

He did.

hes probably sacked half a dozen people who usually do it due to the unforeseen circumstances with COVID. Has to justify his wage somehow

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Just now, A Northern Horde... said:

One employee,one Cherry Picker,one Pressure washer,Gallon of Cleaner

I Would love for a fan to turn up and do it for them, film it for social media and it will make the local papers and maybe even get some national coverage and embarrass Waggott into then making sure the club take care of it going forward! 

• Like 6