BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

Another big test coming for Dolan now. He has had his full league debut and scored a goal and impressed in it. The next couple of games we will see if he can maintain his hunger and focus, or whether the recent successes will relax him too much. Or whether all the above mentioned press coverage will swell his head, or heap pressure on him.

He is swiftly losing his 'secret weapon' status now too. Future opponents will start analysing the shit out of his game.

I think there is enough about the lad for him to keep his head level. 

The issue is Dolan is now playing against seasoned pros who know to stand slightly off him and are quick, strong and dirty enough to deal with his tricks.

We were all.fortunate that Newcastle kids and the Wycombe fixture came at exactly the right time in Dolan's development. 

It is all Championship tough men from here on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, philipl said:

We were all.fortunate that Newcastle kids and the Wycombe fixture came at exactly the right time in Dolan's development. 

It is all Championship tough men from here on.

It really wasn’t Newcastle kids, and if you don’t think Wycombe is a team full of tough men, I’d like to know which team IS a team full of tough men?

He's played against 2x League One sides, 1x Premier League side, 1x high end Championship side, and 1x tough battler Championship side. He's taken on every challenge thrown at him and looked competent every single time, and 90% of the time much MUCH more than just competent.

39 minutes ago, JoeH said:

He's played against 2x League One sides, 1x Premier League side, 1x high end Championship side, and 1x tough battler Championship side. He's taken on every challenge thrown at him and looked competent every single time, and 90% of the time much MUCH more than just competent.

No one is really saying different, just that it's early days, and he's not played against the likes of Morsy yet. The sort who would kick their Gran for fun.

He's exciting and long may it last.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

No one is really saying different, just that it's early days, and he's not played against the likes of Morsy yet. The sort who would kick their Gran for fun.

He's exciting and long may it last.

I mean they have, that's what this is in reference to.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I mean they have, that's what this is in reference to.

Well I have seen all the games and imho they haven't.

Even Wycombe, presumably under Managers orders not to mess up his visit to Ewood, were tame pussycats.

Too early to judge but I wish Dolan a long and brilliant career.

Anyway what about the penalty he won?

That's worth a place on its own.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2020 at 12:16, bluebruce said:

Think it says a lot that Armstrong signed 2 years ago for the first team for 1.7 million rising to 3 million, has done great for us and has 14 goals since January, and he has 11 pages on his thread.

Dolan signed about 2 months ago for nowt, for the u23s and has 5 pages already.

Armstrong has only done well for us since January, so that ratio is about right.

On 20/09/2020 at 12:16, bluebruce said:

Think it says a lot that Armstrong signed 2 years ago for the first team for 1.7 million rising to 3 million, has done great for us and has 14 goals since January, and he has 11 pages on his thread.

Dolan signed about 2 months ago for nowt, for the u23s and has 5 pages already.

Even more odd is that John Buckley doesn't even have his own thread and I suspect will end up as the best of the three of them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Armstrong has only done well for us since January, so that ratio is about right.

Strange perception. Contributed since he joined us. It's been sporadic at times but he's been notching goals for us for quite a while. He cost a decent fee and has a much higher profile. Dolan is very exciting but he has one goal for us. 'Since January' is a lot more than double 'since a few weeks ago' when Dolan started playing games for us. The goals this calendar year are also 14 for Arma, 1 for Dolan.

The ratio isn't about right. But that was my point in the first place, that it shows how exciting Dolan is.

• Like 1

Dolan has a lot to learn about opposition hard men and how to take the knocks that  undoubtedly he will receive.

I remember Harry Chapman scoring a similar goal (i.e.at the second attempt). Harry did his hamstring and hasn't looked the same player since.

I hope Dolan stays free of injury and that this early super success doesn't go to his head.

• Like 2

in the next few months we`ll find out how good dolan really is when other teams start to take notice,mark him tighter and start handing out the rough stuff,in essence he`ll be a marked man,personally i think he`s good enough to figure it out and still thrive,he`s one of those players who is just a bit different and one who makes things happen

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its easy to forget that many around the end of 2019 were calling for him to be dropped and was considered one of Mowbrays favourites, he had contributed very few goals/assists in his first 18 months in this league for us.

11 goals and 7 assists I make it, between his first game in this league and the last of 2019. 4 goals and an assist in the cups in that period too, though I assume you meant league given your phrasing. Either way I'd hardly call that 'very few goals/assists' unless he had been played exclusively up top, which he wasn't.

Transfermarkt has him down, in his first season for example, as playing only 11 up top in all competitions, which we know was sporadically too without a settled run there. The rest were in our beloved 'wing striker' role where he has been pretty much the only guy to score a respectable amount in this league for us. He was only 21 when we signed him permanently too so I don't think his numbers were bad. They just came in purple patches was the issue.

You're right that his form was getting too wobbly for most just before Dack's injury though. Personally I've defended him throughout his time with us when others criticised, because I've seen what his pace does for advancing us up the pitch and that he always carries a threat and the possibility of changing a game, and would come good. I was tiring of the indifferent performances too though around then, and agreed he needed to spend a game or two on the bench to wake him up. That was the only time I agreed he should be dropped though, and only briefly.

Personally I think some people still carry their biases from before when they made their minds up on him, from the fact I've seen some people say we should snap a club's hands off if they offer 10 million, and the general comments they make about him. Not saying that's you of course.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/summer-transfer-window-rumours-and-discussion.3430936/page-650

What they bothered about? 

Thought he wouldn’t close to being in the ‘best midfield in the league’? ?‍♂️

"It would have been hard to stomach had Dolan gone anywhere and been doing so well, but especially to Bastard Rovers"

Bitter bunch ?

Everytime he gets the ball, he gets us off our feet.

I just can get enough, I just can't get enough

Step overs like ronaldo , were in for a treat 

I just can't get get enough , I just can't get enough

He scores a goal and the crowd goes wild, I just can't seem to get enough of 

De de de de de de de

De de de de de de de

De de de de de de de

thrhys dolan

• Like 2

The funny thing is, that when the fixtures came out, we all agreed they looked really tough. 

Next up Cardiff at home - Won 1 Lost 2

Then Forest at home - no need to explain

Edited by JacknOry
Wrong thread but fck it
  • Like 1