BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leicester away

14 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Felt sorry for Fisher who made a couple of clangers but otherwise did OK

He needs proper 1st team regular football? you agree with this? 

15 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

JRC looked the part going forward and Buckley oozed class when he came on in midfield.  

Agreed 100% 

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Despite frequent claims he has been played out of position since the day we signed him, he appears to only have the inclination or ability to play as an inside forward/wide forward. For me there are several better options than him in that position. Doesn’t look like a centre forward in the slightest.

He has looked ok in spells like I say nothing extraordinary but ok better than what he has been.

He was the wrong signing for the club, the money could have been spent much more wisely I ain't disputing that but I do think he has some talent unlike you and others too many people within the game talk him up too much for him to be crap and a nothing player.

Armstrong had many many poor games for the club but kept getting opportunities and now he developed into one of our best players and one of the league's most dangerous forwards.

Brereton needs an uninterrupted spell in our starting 11, we paid 7 million and our club can't afford to just write off that sort of outlay

• Like 4

We just don't defend corners properly. Bell should have been where Magloire was and Magloire should have been where Fisher jumped and failed to hold. Who'd take Fisher on loan, when he makes mistakes like that? Ithink it speaks volumes about Community Centre Ben.

Magloire looked short of fitness, concentration and stamina. He won't get that without playing at Championship pace.

Brereton hit that superb pass from left touchline to Nyambe on the right touchline and suckered the Leicester full back. Shame Nyambe didn't get the bend he was hoping for. i'd play Brereton behind Armstrong and Gallagher. I think I'd go with Holtby playing behind Travis and JRC.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why drop Brereton?

In my opinion he has done well in pre season.Nothing extraordinary but he has played well In pre season.

The lad needs a run of games, we paid 7 million for him it's now or never, if he is to do anything here or if we are to cut our losses and sell him next summer then he needs an opportunity 

He's not very good. He doesn't offer a great deal and doesn't really have any standout attributes to work with. He doesn't have pace, rarely beats a man, can't cross, his finishing is abysmal, he often makes the wrong decision when in the box when it comes to passing or shooting. When he does get into the right position, like today and the other week, he puts it wide when he has a great chance or an open goal to aim at.

I'm certainly not of the opinion that he should be given a load of games running in hope he'll improve. Armstrong only improved because he was finally played in his correct position.

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

He's not very good. He doesn't offer a great deal and doesn't really have any standout attributes to work with. He doesn't have pace, rarely beats a man, can't cross, his finishing is abysmal, he often makes the wrong decision when in the box when it comes to passing or shooting. When he does get into the right position, like today and the other week, he puts it wide when he has a great chance or an open goal to aim at.

But apart from that....?

• Like 1

A decent performance which got far better after the raft of changes which really exploited the Leicester midfield and defence. Suddenly we pressed high and looked likely to go on and win, prior to that we were sedate in the final third although to be fair once again the forwards looked uncomfortable in the positions they played. Travis still looks slightly off the pace to me but I'm confident he will come good.

Hopefully there will be another game next week to fine tune and give Mowbray a chance to play the team he intends to start at Bournemouth with.

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Why aren’t we signing Nyambe up??? Honestly if Rovers let him go it will be on par with O’Connell, but at least we didn’t see what he was about in a Rovers shirt before losing him!! 

Why do you think? We can't force him. He's off, been treated shabbily by Mowbray.  He will be looking at a decent signing fee, why on earth would he sign again?

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Williams at CB is underestimated. He held the back line together today with his experience. Not favoured by Mowbray, it seems, nor by many on here, but we are going to need him alongside Lenihan against Bournemouth at this rate.

I think the problem is that we're still relying on players like Williams. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Money is tight.

We survived a season with the Canadian as our #2. We can survive a season with Fisher in that role. He's not good enough though, that's for certain.

Too risky to carry a sub par keeper as backup. Raya came back too soon after injury because of that and it did his game no good at all on his time with us.

44 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

A very enjoyable game for a pre-season friendly and a very encouraging performance, particularly in the second half.  Felt sorry for Fisher who made a couple of clangers but otherwise did OK.  I thought Williams was excellent at centre-back and Magloire was outstanding.  Tyler has pace which always got him out of trouble in the Under-23's and I thought he looked very comfortable today for the most part.  Nyambe was very impressive at right-back and surely the time has come to extend this lad's contract - heaven knows why we would be thinking of not doing so.

JRC looked the part going forward and Buckley oozed class when he came on in midfield.  

The biggest disappointment for me was Brereton who looked totally ineffective against better opposition.

Whilst it was only a friendly, there were some very encouraging performances from our youngsters which can only be a positive for the future of the club.

Until Brereton is played up front week  after week we will not know if he has got what it takes. You don’t get praised for beefing yourself one minute and then get shoved  on the wing.

Play people in their right positions. Then you will get healthy competition for the slots. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

A decent performance which got far better after the raft of changes which really exploited the Leicester midfield and defence. Suddenly we pressed high and looked likely to go on and win, prior to that we were sedate in the final third although to be fair once again the forwards looked uncomfortable in the positions they played. Travis still looks slightly off the pace to me but I'm confident he will come good.

Hopefully there will be another game next week to fine tune and give Mowbray a chance to play the team he intends to start at Bournemouth with.

Travis has been off the pace pre season.

Odd as I always had him as one of our fittest.

Holtby impressed me today. Put a lot of effort in closing down and good on the ball, just hope he can stay fit for a decent run of games.

Magloire will develop and have a good career as a CB, hopefully with us

Lots of our players looked decent today. The real world test is a competitive match v Bournemouth next werk

• Like 1

Didn't watch the game.

Disappointed to see Wharton discarded after a decent performance last week. Good to see JRC being used in what I assume is his more natural position, I've not been at all impressed with him at full back.

Good to hear Nyambe played well. Will be a top player in years to come imo, shame we'll lose him for nothing at the end of the season (if he's here that long) due to the negligence of management.

Good to hear we have some talented youngsters, shame Mowbray is in charge and most of them probably won't feature once the League gets underway.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mowbray prefers a safety first (in his mind) line up for the League something like

Kaminski

Bennett Lenihan Williams Bell

Holtby

Travis Johnson

Gallagher Armstrong JRC

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

In league 1,he had many a poor game in the championship first season back 

Point being he showed he had something straight away, pace if nothing else but he clearly had an eye for goal. He had cut his teeth in those leagues that's whats stood him in good stead when he stepped up. Yes he's been indifferent and struggled at times but only to be expected.

Brereton has shown zip all until recently and he should have been cutting teeth lower down but now at Rovers he has to learn on the job.

8 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

At worst, and like it or not, Williams is our second-best centre-back at the club at this moment in time. 

Give credit when it's due, Sparks. Both Williams and Bell were very good today against tough opposition

No he isn't,  he's crap and has proved it over the years 

Preseason friendly, leicester are 2 weeks away

?

Groundhog season. Groundhog fans

23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why do you think? We can't force him. He's off, been treated shabbily by Mowbray.  He will be looking at a decent signing fee, why on earth would he sign again?

Exactly, if you were Nyambe why on earth would you sign a new deal? Frequently overlooked in favour of the woeful Bennett and stifled in terms of his attacking play by timid Tony.

Will be able to name his price if he allows his contract to run down. Abysmal management and forward planning by us.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Point being he showed he had something straight away, pace if nothing else but he clearly had an eye for goal. He had cut his teeth in those leagues that's whats stood him in good stead when he stepped up. Yes he's been indifferent and struggled at times but only to be expected.

Brereton has shown zip all until recently and he should have been cutting teeth lower down but now at Rovers he has to learn on the job.

Not exactly Breretons fault that tho is it?That he didn't cut his teeth in the lower leagues?

Warburton who at one time many on here wanted as our manager saw fit to start him most weeks at forest when he was manager there.

My point is without a proper run in the side he will never do anything here and we be lucky to get 500k for him if he was to leave.He has done ok in pre season and ok after the covid break,think he deserves a chance to show if he can do anything for us

• Like 2