• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On air tomorrow from 13:00 We will be chatting with Morning Call lead singer Tony Sharples and there is music from New Order, REM, A Certain Ratio and others   You can tune in at www.rover

Great post Philip, Your help throughout the investigation was invaluable, In will not forget the day you had Scudamore looking for the ejection chair as he was physically shook up, at how deep your kn

Noticed this from a Tweet. Fan-run radio station for the coming season. Looking forward to it!

Posted Images

Just now, glen9mullan said:

Sounds crazy listening back to this, what a basket case things really where, hopefully people are finding it interesting and not too angry for me speaking out on some of the things I know and experiences

Hopefully Glen this has started to loosen the lid on the can of worms. 

The level of incompetence, arrogance and illegality is quite staggering.

On 31/10/2020 at 07:55, MCMC1875 said:

The Ewood WMC Supporters Group was founded 4 years ago this month. 

What a great group and cross-section of fans!

I always think of them like those Arthurian knights who lie asleep, only to wake in England's hour of need..

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
30 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

What a great group and cross-section of fans!

I always think of them like those Arthurian knights who lie asleep, only to wake, when England needs them...

Worth remembering that @glen9mullan called the first supporters meeting at Ewood Park WMC 4 years ago. When he stepped down after that first meeting, me and Macky took up the reins and kept the group going to this day.

Just now, philipl said:

Been busy with family matters

Keen(hoho)ly anticipating listening to this. 

Where? How?

It’ll be repeated and available on demand this evening... hopefully from around 7pm

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Worth remembering that @glen9mullan called the first supporters meeting at Ewood Park WMC 4 years ago. When he stepped down after that first meeting, me and Macky took up the reins and kept the group going to this day.

Sometimes it is disappointing, when it appears that not enough people are still interested.

Then you get something like the anonymous drop- off at the EWMC of 400 copies of a pamphlet, detailing what really went on......and you remember there are others out there, working to the same ends...

Just now, Miller11 said:

It’ll be repeated and available on demand this evening... hopefully from around 7pm

Good, I missed a bit. Need to re-listen to the bit about Jack Straw and local councillors....

Also, I still don't grasp how Agnew/Shaw got their webbed feet under the table. I'd always assumed they were linked to Anderson.

A fascinating - if depressing - listen. I came over from Dublin for that Arsenal protest and several of the subsequent ones. Really appreciate those who bothered sticking their neck out when what was happening was so obviously corrupt and nefarious. For those who stood idly by and just let it happen, many of whom mocked the protesters and have never since acknowledged their error or culpability - I have nothing but contempt. 

Ten years on, and look at where we were.... and where we are now. 

Poor Jack Walker. 

Edited by Roverall
Just now, Roverall said:

A fascinating - if depressing - listen. I came over from Dublin for that Arsenal protest and several of the subsequent ones. Really appreciate those who bothered sticking their neck out when what was so obviously corrupt and nefarious. For those who stood idly by and just let it happen, many of whom mocked the protesters and have never since acknowledged their error or culpability - I have nothing but contempt. 

Poor Jack Walker. 

Rathfarnham Rovers were us!

4 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Have you changed your nom de plume?

Yes, I remember....

Yep. 

I remember you were proresting outside while we went in to 'enjoy' the Coyle-ian entertainment on offer. The 18th and 75th minute walkouts were such a damp squib, thanks to the legion of lemmings planted to their seats and 'getting behind the boys' rather than leaving on a point of principle.  I remember being so dismayed by that. 

My brother is a Liverpool fan, talking to him and his mates about what's happened at Rovers, the overriding consensus is that - had similar shenanigans taken place at their (and indeed many other clubs) the owners and their lackeys would have been hounded out by hook or by crook, and I am inclined to believe that - or at least believe there would have been mass revolt as opposed to our micro-one. 

Venky's and co are/were the culprits, absolutely no question, but that doesn't erase the fact that the vast majority of Rovers fans were utterly useless and bovinely passive in their attitudes surrounding the destruction of Jack Walkers legacy. 

Bloody bravo to them. 

By contrast, Glen and Co were heroic. 

Edited by Roverall
10 minutes ago, Roverall said:

Yep. 

I remember you were proresting outside while we went in to 'enjoy' the Coyle-ian entertainment on offer. The 18th and 75th minute walkouts were such a damp squib, thanks to the legion of lemmings planted to their seats and 'getting behind the boys' rather than leaving on a point of principle.  I remember being so dismayed by that. 

My brother is a Liverpool fan, talking to him and his mates about what's happened at Rovers, the overriding consensus is that - had similar shenanigans taken place at their (and indeed many other clubs) the owners and their lackeys would have been hounded out by hook or by crook, and I am inclined to believe that - or at least believe there would have been mass revolt as opposed to our micro-one. 

Venky's and co are/were the culprits, absolutely no question, but that doesn't erase the fact that the vast majority of Rovers fans were utterly useless and bovinely passive in their attitudes surrounding the destruction of Jack Walkers legacy. 

Bloody bravo to them. 

By contrast, Glen and Co were heroic. 

I think it was the Blackpool boycott that most upset me...We arrived at the ground, outnumbered by tangerines and my heart sank to my boots, when I saw so many Rovers fans inside the stadium. However, I am very wary of blaming Rovers fans for what the nest of vipers did. 

And, when I stood in for BRAG for a joint interview with a Blackpool fan for SKY, the journo rang me later (shamefacedly) to say his editors had decided to remove the interview after I had referred to agent involvement etc...and my words had been chosen carefully too..

Remember Liverpool fans would have had the Liverpool Echo and whole of the football media telling them what was really going on. Too many in power colluded with the destruction, bad -mouthing Rovers fans, painting Kean, as the victim-even on MOD. Hang your head, David Moyes ( chant.."Your brother is an agent!") And where were the likes of King Kenny and Shearer. They had a media presence that might have helped. Thank God for Michel Salgado!!

I fully admit that I was later than Glen and co at understanding what was really going on...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I think it was the Blackpool boycott that most upset me...We arrived at the ground, outnumbered by tangerines and my heart sank to my boots, when I saw so many Rovers fans inside the stadium. However, I am very wary of blaming Rovers fans for what the nest of vipers did. 

Remember Liverpool fans would have had the Liverpool Echo and whole of the football media telling them what was really going on. Too many in power colluded with the destruction, bad -mouthing Rovers fans, painting Kean, as the victim-even on MOD. Hang your head, David Moyes ( chant.."Your brother is an agent!") And where were the likes of King Kenny and Shearer. They had a media presence that might have helped. Thank God for Michel Salgado!!

I fully admit that I was later than Glen and co at understanding what was really going on...

"Such a great club ruined by dark business"

Edited by MCMC1875

I understand what you mean but don't fully subscribe. Regardless of what the media were saying, you didn't need many brain cells to connect the dots in my opinion, from the moment Allardyce was sacked and Kean installed. It stank to high heaven, particular when paired with Venky's ridiculous statements at the beginning. If people were unaware and hold their hands up about that fair play, but that doesn't mean the rest of us who smelled several big rats much earlier don't have the right to feel aggrieved by the inane 'Well let's see what appens' and 'Get behind em' brigade. 

10 minutes ago, Roverall said:

I understand what you mean but don't fully subscribe. Regardless of what the media were saying, you didn't need many brain cells to connect the dots in my opinion, from the moment Allardyce was sacked and Kean installed. It stank to high heaven, particular when paired with Venky's ridiculous statements at the beginning. If people were unaware and hold their hands up about that fair play, but that doesn't mean the rest of us who smelled several big rats much earlier don't have the right to feel aggrieved by the inane 'Well let's see what appens' and 'Get behind em' brigade. 

Oh, don't get me wrong. I was fuming, when Sam got the boot and scared shitless, when Kean was appointed. What I didn't get at the time was the degree of corruption, lies and deceit. Hell, the F.A. were even in collusion...I'd no idea of that....

Oh, don't get me wrong. I was fuming, when Sam got the boot and scared shitless, when Kean was appointed. What I didn't get at the time was the degree of corruption, lies and deceit. Hell, the F.A. were even in collusion...I'd no idea of that....

To be honest, i dont think anyone of us had a clue, we had all called for manager sackings before. This didnt appear any different bar the world of social media to collaborate far more.

10 years on and the way at look at football and rovers has been ruined. 

59 minutes ago, Roverall said:

A fascinating - if depressing - listen. I came over from Dublin for that Arsenal protest and several of the subsequent ones. Really appreciate those who bothered sticking their neck out when what was happening was so obviously corrupt and nefarious. For those who stood idly by and just let it happen, many of whom mocked the protesters and have never since acknowledged their error or culpability - I have nothing but contempt. 

Ten years on, and look at where we were.... and where we are now. 

Poor Jack Walker. 

I chatted to and walked with a young Irishman on the first march - was that you?