12 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The entire episode will be repeated from 7pm this evening

The entire interview (without the music interludes) is available on demand now. Follow the link, select On Demand Episodes, and choose Podcasts from the dropdown menu

https://roversradio.co.uk/listen-live

Thank you because I missed it again.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On air tomorrow from 13:00 We will be chatting with Morning Call lead singer Tony Sharples and there is music from New Order, REM, A Certain Ratio and others   You can tune in at www.rover

Great post Philip, Your help throughout the investigation was invaluable, In will not forget the day you had Scudamore looking for the ejection chair as he was physically shook up, at how deep your kn

Noticed this from a Tweet. Fan-run radio station for the coming season. Looking forward to it!

Posted Images

Finally listened- thanks to all involved.

It makes superb gripping astonishing listening even though I was around the fringes of what Glen, Mark, and others were doing. Yes we really did make the front page of the New York Times and an article in The Economist and all the UK papers, TV and Radio galore. Amazing what determined activism can achieve.

Glen is extremely candid but also very careful in limiting what he shares to what he personally was involved in, witnessed first hand and information verifiably published in the media. Glen mentions Crescendo, Australia, Kean, Agnew, Agent contracts, player and manager contracting, physical threats, the promise to Venky's they wouldn't need to put money in - nobody can share details of what we heard but cannot stand up in a Law Court (Nick Harris among others has files of this stuff) but even more than listening to that podcast, every fan would understand why that incredible devoted and brave group of fans did what they did for the Rovers, Blackburn and all supporters and for which we should all be profoundly grateful.

Glen mentioned the Huber/Anderson link going back a long way back as this article from 2007 illustrates- 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2007/aug/21/agentandersonthemanbehind

Having grabbed City and then it slip out of their control, I surmise that Huber and Anderson weren't going to let another Premier League club ownership opportunity pass them by and hence their absolute ruthlessness, forward planning and relentless time energy and money expended in taking control of Rovers. It is to Mrs Desai's credit, she had prised Rovers out of Anderson's total control as soon as six months after Rovers were acquired but what followed was a morass- no clarity of direction and competing interests. 

When we were in the Championship and I for one naively hoped we had rid ourselves of Anderson's control/influence, there was a televised League Cup match which showed a glimpse of Balaji Rao and Jerome Anderson living it up in Jack Walker's box at Ewood causing every Rovers heart to sink again.. This was quite a long time after the tearful phone call as Glen described it from Anderson- at that time Anderson was ringing anyone he thought would listen to him who might have Rovers influence with the same tale.

That Belaji/Jerome axis/friendship pre-existed Rovers, I am convinced was the reason we weren't sold to Qatar in 2011, and probably explains how inexplicably bad decisions continued to be made. However, since late 2016, I don't believe Anderson has had the opportunity to influence much personally. He might have had background involvement in over ruling the reputed Ewood management selection of Neil Warnock in favour of Owen Coyle but has become scarcer since.

Glen distinguishes between the personalities of the Rao siblings and I suspect a shift between them in personal interests and management attention could be a significant factor in the difference between Rovers 2010-2017 and Rovers now.

50 minutes ago, philipl said:

It makes superb gripping astonishing listening even though I was around the fringes of what Glen, Mark, and others were doing. Yes we really did make the front page of the New York Times and an article in The Economist and all the UK papers, TV and Radio galore. Amazing what determined activism can achieve.

Glen is extremely candid but also very careful in limiting what he shares to what he personally was involved in, witnessed first hand and information verifiably published in the media. Glen mentions Crescendo, Australia, Kean, Agnew, Agent contracts, player and manager contracting, physical threats, the promise to Venky's they wouldn't need to put money in - nobody can share details of what we heard but cannot stand up in a Law Court (Nick Harris among others has files of this stuff) but even more than listening to that podcast, every fan would understand why that incredible devoted and brave group of fans did what they did for the Rovers, Blackburn and all supporters and for which we should all be profoundly grateful.

Glen mentioned the Huber/Anderson link going back a long way back as this article from 2007 illustrates- 

Having grabbed City and then it slip out of their control, I surmise that Huber and Anderson weren't going to let another Premier League club ownership opportunity pass them by and hence their absolute ruthlessness, forward planning and relentless time energy and money expended in taking control of Rovers. It is to Mrs Desai's credit, she had prised Rovers out of Anderson's total control as soon as six months after Rovers were acquired but what followed was a morass- no clarity of direction and competing interests. 

When we were in the Championship and I for one naively hoped we had rid ourselves of Anderson's control/influence, there was a televised League Cup match which showed a glimpse of Balaji Rao and Jerome Anderson living it up in Jack Walker's box at Ewood causing every Rovers heart to sink again.. This was quite a long time after the tearful phone call as Glen described it from Anderson- at that time Anderson was ringing anyone he thought would listen to him who might have Rovers influence with the same tale.

That Belaji/Jerome axis/friendship pre-existed Rovers, I am convinced was the reason we weren't sold to Qatar in 2011, and probably explains how inexplicably bad decisions continued to be made. However, since late 2016, I don't believe Anderson has had the opportunity to influence much personally. He might have had background involvement in over ruling the reputed Ewood management selection of Neil Warnock in favour of Owen Coyle but has become scarcer since.

Glen distinguishes between the personalities of the Rao siblings and I suspect a shift between them in personal interests and management attention could be a significant factor in the difference between Rovers 2010-2017 and Rovers now.

OMG! That was always my fear. This is the question Cheston wouldn't answer....

"Background involvement"...maybe, that is why Coyle had never heard of Anderson or SEM

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Great post Philip, Your help throughout the investigation was invaluable, In will not forget the day you had Scudamore looking for the ejection chair as he was physically shook up, at how deep your knowledge was and how far the investigation into the club had gone from the supporter angle.

As I said in the interview, we are heavily reliant on the current ownership especially with the COVID Pandemic. They have showed even with all that's gone on, they can write a cheque when needed, as Illustrated when the personally funded the Rhodes signing, which was not part of the agreed the transfer budget.

They have shown this summer, with our transfer dealings, that even now, they can make the funds available when needed.

The big question now, is how much power does the current board have, are they running things, or are they still the face of things with zero sway on day to day decisions.

They have spent £140 Million plus, but one promotion to premiership and all that is back in the coffers and more, which I think they realise. On the pitch we have some good exciting young players, we are at times exciting to watch. Credit has to go to Mowbray for assembling the current squad. The dilemma now is, now he has the tools available to him, (A little like Bowyer when he had Gestede and Rhodes scoring for fun) can he show his worth in how he manages a talented squad by getting team selection/tactics right and get us in the top 6. There are lots of Managers out there, who would 100% get us top 6 with the players currently at our disposal, I'm unsure if TM can do that based on what I've seen so far. We have at times been brilliant, whilst at other times we've been predictable, We also strangely do better when he has less options available to him, which is worry when we have a fully fit squad. Can he pick the right 11?

41 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

There are lots of Managers out there, who would 100% get us top 6 with the players currently at our disposal, I'm unsure if TM can do that based on what I've seen so far. We have at times been brilliant, whilst at other times we've been predictable, We also strangely do better when he has less options available to him, which is worry when we have a fully fit squad. Can he pick the right 11?

This set me thinking...would any current Premier League managers drop a division to take us on (especially when FFP prevents free-spending) ?  Can’t think of any TBH.

Which Championship managers do we rate that would see Rovers as offering a better option for them & that we would also see as improving our chances ? Again, not sure who fulfils both criteria....Gareth Ainsworth ? 

Who is unemployed currently that would fancy the challenge & would be deemed to be an improvement ? 

Eddie Howe ? Cowley brothers ? 

Who are the left-field (lower league, not currently a manager &/or overseas) potential candidates ? 

Joey Barton ? The bloke at Ipswich seems to have got off to a decent start...

@glen9mullan Out of curiosity...did you have anyone particular in mind ? 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

OMG! That was always my fear. This is the question Cheston wouldn't answer....

"Background involvement"...maybe, that is why Coyle had never heard of Anderson or SEM

Time has gone by and this is in the unfounded rumour bracket.

There were 150 independent agents around in the early 2010s I would be curious to hear an honest candid answer to the question:

Were you in reality not independent but de facto a part of SEM?

Edited by philipl

Great listen and insight into the ineptness on show in the last 10 years. Also thoroughly agree that merely existing and not being out of business is not something to be grateful for, and it does Rovers a disservice, and that there may be a point in the very young Rovers fans (I am old enough to have been on the protests but not quite enough to remember times under Jack Walker) seem particularly forgiving for the perhaps understandable but maybe naive reasons outlined.

29 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

This set me thinking...would any current Premier League managers drop a division to take us on (especially when FFP prevents free-spending) ?  Can’t think of any TBH.

Which Championship managers do we rate that would see Rovers as offering a better option for them & that we would also see as improving our chances ? Again, not sure who fulfils both criteria....Gareth Ainsworth ? 

Who is unemployed currently that would fancy the challenge & would be deemed to be an improvement ? 

Eddie Howe ? Cowley brothers ? 

Who are the left-field (lower league, not currently a manager &/or overseas) potential candidates ? 

Joey Barton ? The bloke at Ipswich seems to have got off to a decent start...

@glen9mullan Out of curiosity...did you have anyone particular in mind ? 

Great things happen when you "Think Big" As the great man once said.

Who would of thought we would of enticed King Kenny to Ewood, when at the time we had on offer. A man's dream, lots of lumps of Dog poop to kick around at Pleasington, A ground falling to pieces, Large meetings in terrace houses, and a long long absence from England's Top Division. Yes at the time he was unemployed, but that being said we are a big club, so do we have to just look at unemployed managers? 

1. We have rich owners, despite the negatives, as a club we look a far better proposition then a lot of clubs at present, given the current climate

2. An exceptional training ground

3. Cat 1 Academy

4. A youthful squad

5. 31000 All seater stadium

6. Our crowds have dipped significantly, but its not the first time. I remember starting the season with Don, and ending with Kenny, Back then when I went to the toilet at the start of the season, crowds were low and I may get peed on when I went to the back of the stand toilets for a pee. By the end of the season, it was a case of holding onto the front rail for dear life, as you could not move in the Blackburn End, and if you did manage to navigate to get to the toilet, you was guaranteed to get peed on ?

Obviously some you mention are not bad shouts, Can't see Howe coming back North, and despite Burnley, his football and exploits at Bournemouth were exceptional.

Wagner did a great job at Huddersfield getting them up and against the odds keeping them up, He did not do so good at Schalke, but is currently without a club

Mark Hughes?? Never really reached the heights since he left Rovers, but most managers available are available for a reason and is the type of guy that may get that extra 10%

I genuinely think we should be able to approach Manager's like Thomas Frank for example and be able to entice them away from clubs like Brentford. I'm not saying he is the one, but its an example

• 2 weeks later...

Our Christmas episode airs today at 1pm. 

Heroes and villains of 2020

Rovers Christmas memories

Hopes for 2021

Christmas songs aplenty... but certainly not the ones you are used to!

roversradio.co.uk/listen-live

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Hi @Miller11, Is the Glen Mullan one suffering a technical hitch? I've just tried to listen to it and it only gets about 10 mins in and then reverts back to the start again. 

Hmmm, that shouldn’t be happening.

I’ll take a look

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It played ok for me. To be honest the Podcast platform isn’t great and I’m looking at additional options. It’s a bit temperamental, a different device might solve it.

Will do. It stops at the point Glen starts talking about the investigations at the club. Same point every time. Very weird. The Tantric One may be involved!

38 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Hi @Miller11, Is the Glen Mullan one suffering a technical hitch? I've just tried to listen to it and it only gets about 10 mins in and then reverts back to the start again. 

I've had that exact problem on an ipad before but been OK on a laptop

• 3 weeks later...

Last week we were called moaners and refreshing...

Plenty of refreshing moaning from 1pm.

We look briefly at our cup exit, Mowbray’s journey to stagnation, but mainly this episode concentrates on the clubs merchandising... we look at the top 10 crap products for sale in depth, and Waggott’s ill-judged marketing strategies take a hammering. 

From 1pm

https://roversradio.co.uk/listen-live