BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

18 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Amazing! I just checked who qualified for the finals and it is England, Portugal, Switzerland and Netherlands.

I reckon we might just about be favourites out of that bunch.

Normally Switzerland 0-2 Belgium and Germany 2-0 Netherlands would have been time to turn over latest scores. I'm glad I stuck with both games. . .?

On 19/11/2018 at 09:36, roversfan99 said:

I suspect the main reason for his inability to reach the incredible heights that he reaches at Man City is presumably psychological based on the disgusting way that he is treat by the English media and public towards a top, top young player. He is still effective as an England player but he appears at times to have the world on his shoulders in an England shirt.

Im desperate for sterling to turn up..to have another world class player is only benefitial to england

I don't think I have read so many fancy words to describe how sterling is made to look better than the sum of his parts by his brilliant City team mates. 

The England Raheem Sterling, surrounded by lesser team mates, is the real Raheem Sterling. Fragile, self entitled and average.

In worthy England news we only take up our euro 2020 play off spot should we finish 3rd in our 5 team qualifying group. Should that near impossible  event happen the England setup would be imploding anyway 

Edited by Rover_Shaun

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

I don't think I have read so many fancy words to describe how sterling is made to look better than the sum of his parts by his brilliant City team mates. 

The England Raheem Sterling, surrounded by lesser team mates, is the real Raheem Sterling. Fragile, self entitled and average.

You dont get the number of goals and assists that he gets without being a very, very good player, even with top class team mates. He is a player who has developed his game under Pep from the raw player that joined City to be one of the best of his type of player around, and trusted more by Guardiola even than the excellent Leroy Sane.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You dont get the number of goals and assists that he gets without being a very, very good player, even with top class team mates. He is a player who has developed his game under Pep from the raw player that joined City to be one of the best of his type of player around, and trusted more by Guardiola even than the excellent Leroy Sane.

He's still average.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

He's still average.

Average players don’t post as many goals and assists as he has over the last year or so. 

Still, I think I’ll trust the judgment of Pep Guardiola on this one. Think he might know a bit more about football than any of us on here. But I’ve been wrong before.....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Sterling is inconsistent. When he's at his peak he is deadly but he has games where he shoots like a 4 year old and does not have any end product.

6 goals and 5 assists in 10 league appearances this season would argue otherwise.

This season and last - 43 appearances, 24 goals, 20 assists.

Only people more consistent at that kind level are probably Hazard, Messi and Ronaldo at the moment.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 3

Ludicrous statement and just shows how he's never going to get a chance with some people. 

He's coming good for England, 3 appearances in the UEFA Nations League, 2 goals. Does so much for the team too and did throughout the World Cup.

I'm sure people forget he's only 23.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Wow. He's not been a lemon for 5 minutes. I could do that in that city side ?. As soon as he pulls on an England shirt with expectations he's gash. Typifies the modern footballer. 

Best give Pep your number then pal, sure you could probably get a pay rise from your current job to boot! ?

Edited by K-Hod

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Come on, he is frustrating at times, though he is improving and can often shoot, and find the right pass. And stats can be used to say Big Sam was the greatest England manager ever. 

I admit that part of the reason he is criticised so much as he seems to be a bit of a nob like Neymar as much as his performances.

Fair enough, people can give him stick and dislike him, but the treatment he gets in the media sometimes is embarrassing.

Buys his Mum a house- gets criticised.

Shops at Primark/Poundland- gets criticised. 

Buys expensive clothes- gets criticised.

?‍♂️.

A few footballers have done this and it gives a good insight into their background....

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/raheem-sterling-england-it-was-all-a-dream

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, frosty said:

Ireland v Denmark again, bet you'e sick of them!

And we got Georgia again, always seem to get them. 

Good that we have the opportunity for revenge on Denmark. 

Not the worst group considering we were third seeds. Only groups G and J would have been as favourable. All others would have been more difficult 

How does it all work now? In the highly unlikely event that England don’t top the group am I right in thinking still make the playoffs by virtue of this nations league stuff. Must admit lost track on how it all works. Also seem to recall they’ve increased the number of teams qualifying so pretty much every man and his dog qualifies now anyway.  

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Even allowing for that I always think England get pretty straight forward groups in qualifying. 

Because they have earned that..you qualify regularly u get lesser teams...its not just some random pull balls out of a bowl.. (actually it is)