BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Southgate plays more players out of position than Mowbray does. He got very lucky with the result on Sunday and today he got got he deserved. Pathetic tactics, it was almost like he settled for losing 1-0 at home to Denmark. We have a poor defence but some very talented attacking players yet he plays negative defensive football with 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders meaning the few attacking players he picks can't flourish. Also how on earth can Grealish not get on the pitch when we need a goal, instead he brings Henderson on for Rice and keeps Philips on. He's lost complete control of the dressing room, the players have no respect for him and no way should he be leading us into the Euros.

• Like 4

A really poor night for Southgate in terms of a total lack of nous and bravery shown by him. Why did he leave 2 defensive midfielders on all game? Why did Grealish stay sat on the bench? Why is Mount his golden child? What was his plan, more of the same, Calvert Lewin wide and just hope we get a knock down. A load of shite.

Also, obviously its not really applicable today but he plays 3 at the back for the wrong reasons. Most teams play it to their strength and with a real tactical plan. Southgate plays it to try and compensate for a lack of quality but all it does is add a third error prone centre back likely to make a mistake.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

didn’t see the first like I said I turned it on and it was a reply of the second one. Nothing wrong with that for me and never a penalty . Ridiculous decision

For me the worst part of the sending off tackle, was Maguires inability to control a simple ball which made him have to go to ground

• Like 1

Southgate spoke about interchange of position but after sending off impossible to dictate play especially when players loose discipline without creative players like Grealish. Big Southgate mistake which stands out is Maguire should not be in the team. His mind is not 100% football. 

Another point about Southgate's management is if players like Foden for example don't have have respect for the England Manager, there is going to be more than one bad apple. Man management is a weakness.

47 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Southgate plays more players out of position than Mowbray does. He got very lucky with the result on Sunday and today he got got he deserved. Pathetic tactics, it was almost like he settled for losing 1-0 at home to Denmark. We have a poor defence but some very talented attacking players yet he plays negative defensive football with 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders meaning the few attacking players he picks can't flourish. Also how on earth can Grealish not get on the pitch when we need a goal, instead he brings Henderson on for Rice and keeps Philips on. He's lost complete control of the dressing room, the players have no respect for him and no way should he be leading us into the Euros.

Good post. I didn't even realise England were playing tonight until midway through the second half so haven't seen tonight's game. I caught the first half hour or so of the Belgium game during which Belgium tore us a new one and were very unfortunate note to be two up due to the disallowed goal at which point I gave up on it. I was amazed to hear after we ended up winning.

My overall view on England is we have some great players but a terrible manager.

Wonder who else that sounds like?

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some very bizarre comments about Southgate and his future. The players do respect him in my opinion. He should be England manager till after the world cup 2022 at least. 

Far too many over critical opinions on here. Happens every time we dont win or perform excellent 

Do you agree with the current formation he is trying to impose, 3 centre backs and 2 holding midfielders included?

Do you agree with his weird desire to stick as many right backs on as possible recently?

Isnt it a worry that the player turnover is so high, no scope for a setttled side, constant debutants?

Are the recent numerous disciplinary problems, the 3 party goers, Foden and Greenwood in Iceland and James losing his head today a concern to you?

Didnt his inability to come up with anything to cope with having a player less worry you tonight should we go down to 10 men in the future?

The World Cup was somewhat of a success, the fixtures were very fabourable but he recognised certain limiations before the break through of some talent we now have and relied on set pieces. The football was attritional but edged us past limited opponents and ultimately when we played good teams ie Belgium and Croatia, we failed. I am very unconvinced by the direction since or his inability to allow our attacking players to flourish.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

If the manager who took us to the World Cup semi-finals should not be leading us into the Euros then who should ? It's noticeable that you do not put forward an alternative.

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Caller into Talk Sport just described Southgate as a "yes man" and a younger version of Roy Hodgson.

About right, but Woy, for all his faults, has still enjoyed far more success than Southgate.

Not as England manger he hasn't. Southgate got to the semi finals of the World Cup. Hodgson couldn't get through the group stages.

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If the manager who took us to the World Cup semi-finals should not be leading us into the Euros then who should ? It's noticeable that you do not put forward an alternative.

Is the only way that anyone has a valid right to question a current managers ability to get the most from what is at their disposal is if they offer a new appointment too?

43 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It's a fair answer to a proposal that a manager be fired.

Well whoever it's going to be next I'd start looking for him now. Southgate, nice guy that he is, isn't ever going to be a winner.  To be honest I don't think we have the players in enough of the crucial positions to win things at the top level. Having said that we shouldn't be losing at home to the likes of Denmark so badly.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you agree with the current formation he is trying to impose, 3 centre backs and 2 holding midfielders included?

He is trying out the formation as plan B and giving it a few games. Dont see the problem. After Christmas back to 4-3-3 as plan A with Plan B as 3-4-3

Do you agree with his weird desire to stick as many right backs on as possible recently?

Not really. Walker played centre back in world cup 2018. Chilwell out injured. Shaw form is woeful. Saka very young. 

Isnt it a worry that the player turnover is so high, no scope for a setttled side, constant debutants?

Nope. Good time to try players out. Plus shorter pre season and so many games being played. We have rotated them. 

Are the recent numerous disciplinary problems, the 3 party goers, Foden and Greenwood in Iceland and James losing his head today a concern to you?

Nope..these are young players who will learn. Look at the trouble before Euro 96 then we produced those results and semi Final. 

Didnt his inability to come up with anything to cope with having a player less worry you tonight should we go down to 10 men in the future?

Nope. 

The World Cup was somewhat of a success

The World Cup 2018 was great success in my opinion

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is trying out the formation as plan B and giving it a few games. Dont see the problem. After Christmas back to 4-3-3 as plan A with Plan B as 3-4-3

Not really. Walker played centre back in world cup 2018. Chilwell out injured. Shaw form is woeful. Saka very young. 

Nope. Good time to try players out. Plus shorter pre season and so many games being played. We have rotated them. 

Nope..these are young players who will learn. Look at the trouble before Euro 96 then we produced those results and semi Final. 

Nope. 

Do you ever agree with anybody chaddy?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nope. 

You're talking like that semi final was a success story. It wasn't. We were well beaten by a team that was well beaten by the eventual winners. We made really hard work of getting to the semis in the bargain. Southgate's not the answer, I'm sure of that. I'm not even sure there is an answer. We're breeding under achievers in English football at the moment I'm afraid. 

5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Do you ever agree with anybody chaddy?

Yes plenty. But we have different opinions which is good. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You're talking like that semi final was a success story. It wasn't. We were well beaten by a team that was well beaten by the eventual winners. We made really hard work of getting to the semis in the bargain. Southgate's not the answer, I'm sure of that. I'm not even sure there is an answer. We're breeding under achievers in English football at the moment I'm afraid. 

Semi final was a success story. 

Southgate achieved much more than we did under Sven, Capello, McClaren and Hodgson. How much did we wasted on Sven and Capello? 30 million?