BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England

35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yeah, Coady and Mings looked average the other night and very slow.  It's a worry.

I was reading in my paper that Mings gave their striker a crack off the ball early on in the game. They were saying it would have been a red card job if VAR had been working. I didn’t see it, did you ?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was reading in my paper that Mings gave their striker a crack off the ball early on in the game. They were saying it would have been a red card job if VAR had been working. I didn’t see it, did you ?

Not live, but I saw it yesterday.  If VAR was around.. Red card

I think the plan was always 3 at the back Joey. Has to be without Hendo and he was always a doubt.

I think it will be James Stones and Mings personally but could easily see Walker replace James. Although I'd prefer he didn't. I have never been a fan of Mings either and personally think Ezre Konsa is a better defender than him having watched almost all the Villa games this year.

I have faith in Bellingham in midfield with Rice and thought they looked good together against Austria. They just needed more movement up front.

We need to get players running in behind and that's why I am not taking much from the Austria game. Saka, Grealish and Lingard was a poor attacking 3 when you consider Kane. He needs a Rashford, Sancho or Sterling out wide to make them runs in behind when he drops deep. None of the 3 vs Austria did that. The bigger test will be Romania. If he plays his starting line up, which he should do, then we will have an idea of how we are going to perform.

Even if we go 3 at the back, it is likely that Mings will be still in that defence. Assuming that we are playing Mbappe/Griezmann/Benzema or Bernardo Silva/Bruno Fernandes/Ronaldo/Jota in the second round, having Mings there feels like a car crash waiting to happen. Also, presumably the third centre back would be Walker/James, it would also leave one less space for one of our attacking talents. Henderson and Maguire in particulars fitness is potentially critical.

The replacement for Alexander Arnold needs to surely be either White or Ward Prowse, 2 ok players but nothing special, simply to numerically cover one of the 2 players who it seems quite possibly might miss the tournament.

Talk of united trying AWB at centre back, its not the worst shout and if it pays off could be good for England. I think he's a cracking player defensively but not sure what he's like in the air? 

On 04/06/2021 at 13:42, roversfan99 said:

The replacement for Alexander Arnold needs to surely be either White or Ward Prowse,

It has to be Ward Prowse for his set piece prowess...although I appreciate he has to be on the pitch ....

I saw a stat about England that there’s only 5 countries that have beaten England more times than England have beaten them. Obvious ones of Germany, Italy and Brazil. Then a random one in Uruguay and very bizarrely also Romania (bloody Neville). Can at least put that right this evening and put it back to 4 countries. 

Posted (edited)

Originally had four right backs in the squad, so the final game before the tournament... GS plays a centre half there. 😐

He been meeting up with TM for tactical masterclasses or what?

Edited by Mattyblue

If Mings is an international footballer then Tony Mowbray is am international manager.  Southgate is worse than Graham Taylor in giving caps to players who do not deserve them 

Cant get my head around why the two warm up games before a tournament, were playing half a team that aren't in the tournament squad. 

3 rightbacks in the squad but a CB who isn't in the competitive squad plays there. 

Madness...

We have just endured a season of Mowbrayisms then we say lets forget what we had to watch and relax and watch England only to have to put up with a Mowbray clone in Southgate.

25 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If Mings is an international footballer then Tony Mowbray is am international manager.  Southgate is worse than Graham Taylor in giving caps to players who do not deserve them 

I swear the only reason Mings is in the team is because he is left footed, it seems to be one of football's latest fads to have a left footed centre half.

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

just tuned in after getting scared by serena willliams in the tennis,we should try a different approach in these friendlies sometimes,i don`t think we have a plan b when games don`t go our way

Players are just going through the motions. Aside from one or two who know they're in with a chance of replacing Alexander-Arnold, I think the rest are only bothered about not getting injured.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The idea of Mings playing for England at CB at a major tournament is a frightening one.

he`s a good club player,prone to mistakes,will struggle at the very top level in competetive games,like phil jones,never an international