BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 minutes ago, Meesh said:

You're not talking about Bristol Rovers, are you? I've seen two of those. No Blackburn Rovers flags.

Big difference between a pirate and a Lancashire rose......

Specsavers maybe?

2 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

We have just endured a season of Mowbrayisms then we say lets forget what we had to watch and relax and watch England only to have to put up with a Mowbray clone in Southgate.

Looks that way. But Southgate will only have 4 games left, the 3 group game and then the defeat. How long has Moggasurus got left. I fear he’s got another 46 games plus the 2 cup defeats. That seems endless. 

• Like 1

On the game - has to be the most bizarre set of pre tournament friendlies in history. Neither England side that played bore any relationship really with the team that will start next weekend. Not even the same formation! Absolutely mad.

Most of the best chances fell to Romania and we looked pretty easy pickings at the back, especially down the left, and up front didn't look that fluent. We don't look a strong proposition tbh.

Going into the tournament with no real idea on how we will line up, and looking very dodgy in defence, is not good. Croatia are a handy side as we know, wouldn't be amazed if we get well beaten. Or we could click and do well. Total mystery.

It's frustrating when we are overflowing with talent in virtually every position our centrebacks are so poor.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Looks that way. But Southgate will only have 4 games left, the 3 group game and then the defeat. How long has Moggasurus got left. I fear he’s got another 46 games plus the 2 cup defeats. That seems endless. 

And the Middlesboro connection 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I love watching Grealish, I think he's a terrific player, but the rest of that team are very dull. 

Death by a thousand sideways passes. 

Not comparing talent or natural ability but the way he brings a game to life and the feeling when he gets the ball reminds me of how i felt watching Gazza play. He has to start for me

• Like 2

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Not comparing talent or natural ability but the way he brings a game to life and the feeling when he gets the ball reminds me of how i felt watching Gazza play. He has to start for me

Gazza was good, but he was never a match for Nicky Reid. And Keith Hill getting stuck into him when we equalised is funny! Well worth a watch. Like a different world!

46 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Gazza was good, but he was never a match for Nicky Reid. And Keith Hill getting stuck into him when we equalised is funny! Well worth a watch. Like a different world!

I’ve not seen this footage but will definitely be watching it tomorrow when the wife’s at work. Cheers 😂👍

11 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Great to see the ball being got forward at every opportunity. It’s like watching a different game to today’s football. Not enough walking football and sideways passing for modern fans.

14 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

On the game - has to be the most bizarre set of pre tournament friendlies in history. Neither England side that played bore any relationship really with the team that will start next weekend. Not even the same formation! Absolutely mad.

Most of the best chances fell to Romania and we looked pretty easy pickings at the back, especially down the left, and up front didn't look that fluent. We don't look a strong proposition tbh.

Going into the tournament with no real idea on how we will line up, and looking very dodgy in defence, is not good. Croatia are a handy side as we know, wouldn't be amazed if we get well beaten. Or we could click and do well. Total mystery.

It's frustrating when we are overflowing with talent in virtually every position our centrebacks are so poor.

Stones to come back plus white looked quality yesterday.  Assured in possession.  Good passer. Nicked the ball off their attackers.  Still would have taken tomori 

16 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I love watching Grealish, I think he's a terrific player, but the rest of that team are very dull. 

Death by a thousand sideways passes. 

So foden and Mount are dull? That team yesterday bares no resembles to what will start on Sunday.  I would have Mount grealish foden kane.  But we also have the pace of sterling rashford sancho. Plus saka as a wildcard.  One thing this England team isn't at full strength is dull . Just the manager 

• Like 2

White has been selected to replace TAA so thats gives you 5 centre backs in the squad. Still don't understand why we need 3 right backs in this squad. I wouldn't have picked Saka either and picked Watkins who cover can wide and the striker role. 

My team for the Croatia depending on injuries/fitness is 

Pickford

James Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson Rice

Foden      Mount       Rashford

Kane

15 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Pickford

james.    Stones.  Coady.   Shaw

Bellingham.  Rice

foden.           Mount.       Grealish

Kane

maguire when fit. That’s are best 11

I desperately want to get Grealish and Foden in the same team - but looking at the front three, there isn't much in the way of pace or players who run in behind the defence. I can completely understand Rashford playing for that reason, especially against the better sides, but it's a real conundrum. Leaving either Foden or Grealish outside the XI is such a massive call. 

13 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Great footage and great atmosphere. Two teams steaming forward towards the oppositions’ goals. I say, how quaint, how novel. It’ll never catch on.

And..just two minutes in to the clip. Proof of the correct words to the ‘No Nay Never’ chant. As in ‘WILL’ we play Burnley Bast***s and not ‘TIL.’ 

Us ‘owd ‘uns always knew.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

White has been selected to replace TAA so thats gives you 5 centre backs in the squad. Still don't understand why we need 3 right backs in this squad. I wouldn't have picked Saka either and picked Watkins who cover can wide and the striker role. 

My team for the Croatia depending on injuries/fitness is 

Pickford

James Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson Rice

Foden      Mount       Rashford

Kane

I wouldn’t have Henderson and Rice in the same team. I’d have Trippier in instead of James, I like James a lot but I think Trippier is a better right back.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I desperately want to get Grealish and Foden in the same team - but looking at the front three, there isn't much in the way of pace or players who run in behind the defence. I can completely understand Rashford playing for that reason, especially against the better sides, but it's a real conundrum. Leaving either Foden or Grealish outside the XI is such a massive call. 

Foden is quick

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Foden is quick

He is - don't get me wrong, Grealish is no slouch either - but I don't see either of them really stretching teams by making runs in behind. I'm remembering when we scored three goals away against Spain a couple of years ago, and how important our pace and power was in that performance.

There's no doubt that form-wise, Grealish & Foden should be higher in the pecking order than Rasford & Sterling, but at the same time I think one of each would have a better balance to it. Tough call. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Stones to come back plus white looked quality yesterday.  Assured in possession.  Good passer. Nicked the ball off their attackers.  Still would have taken tomori 

Totally missed that White took Alexander-Arnold's spot. That is a good call I think.

Seems a shame Ward Prowse missed out. I thought his set pieces were exceptional, and it feels like we need another midfielder (which is mad considering we have a squad of 26....). Hard to pick out who to drop for him though. 

• Like 3

Thing about the speed to run in behind its not necessarily top speed that counts its your acceleration. Its why the likes of sterling and traore are a handful cos they can go from 0-60 in the blink of an eye. So whilst grealish and foden don't hang about, you need a sterling (preferably one who can shoot) or a rashford who can just switch it on and go. Even if they're not in form and not scoring, as long as they can sprint they'll drag players around and cause problems. 

If we're playing 4 at the back I think you have Mount next to one of rice or Henderson. Kane up top with rashford on the left then 2 from foden  grealish and sancho for the other two slots. If we're playing 3 at the back with wing backs you suddenly have a headache for the attacking spots. 

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Can the mods advise me, where I can comment on the booing of England players before the matches.  I've tried hard, but my posts have been deleted without explanation.

We’ve made the call to not allow that discussion tbh as it takes things off topic.