Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just play less internationals full stop, then you don’t have to make up a convoluted competition to replace friendlies. All you need is Qualifiers, a few warm up games before a tournament and the tour

Originally had four right backs in the squad, so the final game before the tournament... GS plays a centre half there. 😐 He been meeting up with TM for tactical masterclasses or what?

Elgar's Land of Hope and Glory is far superior to the dirgy GSTQ, more upbeat and a better celebration of "Englishness".  Elgar was a football fan too - a Wolves supporter - which makes it perfec

Posted Images

I still don't understand what Southgate is trying to do. Again we are playing 4 at the back which totally goes against his selection of 4 right sides defenders. 

We've already seen Sancho drift more centrally. Which is when he's played his best stuff but then the team look unbalanced as we lose any width. Grealish has drifted to the left a lot where Rashford is. Kalvin Phillip's very slow in possession. 

I still have no idea what Southgates plan is. I'm not sure he does either 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I love watching Grealish, I think he's a terrific player, but the rest of that team are very dull. 

Death by a thousand sideways passes. 

iv`e seen hundreds of sideways passes in the last season,not sure i can watch our national side play the same way😰

Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest threat to England going very deep into the tournament is undoubtedly the manager, we have a team with undoubted attacking flair and talent but a cautious manager who is afraid to let them go out and play their natural game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The biggest threat to England going very deep into the tournament is undoubtedly the manager, we have a team with undoubted attacking flair and talent but a cautious manager who is afraid to let them go out and play their natural game.

agreed,chances are we`re going to lose to a live opponent later in the tournament, go there,enjoy yourself and just play a natural attacking game

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2021 at 20:13, Gav said:

Just seen a Rovers flag, my night is complete. 

Just seen another Rovers flag, my afternoon is complete. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gav said:

Just seen another Rovers flag, my afternoon is complete. 

You're not talking about Bristol Rovers, are you? I've seen two of those. No Blackburn Rovers flags.

Grealish is a canny player, I'll give him that. I thought Lingard should go to the Euros ahead of him, but I'll back-pedal on that one. I still think Lingard should be going ahead of one of the three right-backs, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Grealish is such a lovely footballer a real shame he has to go throwing himself around like he does.

We wouldn't be 1-0 up if he didn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Meesh said:

You're not talking about Bristol Rovers, are you? I've seen two of those. No Blackburn Rovers flags.


Big difference between a pirate and a Lancashire rose......

Specsavers maybe?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a save from Johnstone.

White has put Mings to shame so far. He's gone about his job quietly. Mings is simply error-prone. Could White be in with a shout? I'd much rather him than Mings (or maybe even Coady).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gav said:


Big difference between a pirate and a Lancashire rose......

Specsavers maybe?

I just saw a REAL Rovers flag on the replay behind the goal! Where's the other one? 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead

This has been abysmal tbh.

I can never understand the logic in giving so much game time to players not going to the tournament. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

This has been abysmal tbh.

I can never understand the logic in giving so much game time to players not going to the tournament. 

Southgate obviously felt as though a lot of them should be rested. In his defence, I think the season just gone has been more intense than ever given it's late start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

We have just endured a season of Mowbrayisms then we say lets forget what we had to watch and relax and watch England only to have to put up with a Mowbray clone in Southgate.

Looks that way. But Southgate will only have 4 games left, the 3 group game and then the defeat. How long has Moggasurus got left. I fear he’s got another 46 games plus the 2 cup defeats. That seems endless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On the game - has to be the most bizarre set of pre tournament friendlies in history. Neither England side that played bore any relationship really with the team that will start next weekend. Not even the same formation! Absolutely mad.

Most of the best chances fell to Romania and we looked pretty easy pickings at the back, especially down the left, and up front didn't look that fluent. We don't look a strong proposition tbh.

Going into the tournament with no real idea on how we will line up, and looking very dodgy in defence, is not good. Croatia are a handy side as we know, wouldn't be amazed if we get well beaten. Or we could click and do well. Total mystery.

It's frustrating when we are overflowing with talent in virtually every position our centrebacks are so poor.

Edited by joey_big_nose
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Looks that way. But Southgate will only have 4 games left, the 3 group game and then the defeat. How long has Moggasurus got left. I fear he’s got another 46 games plus the 2 cup defeats. That seems endless. 

And the Middlesboro connection 🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I love watching Grealish, I think he's a terrific player, but the rest of that team are very dull. 

Death by a thousand sideways passes. 

Not comparing talent or natural ability but the way he brings a game to life and the feeling when he gets the ball reminds me of how i felt watching Gazza play. He has to start for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Not comparing talent or natural ability but the way he brings a game to life and the feeling when he gets the ball reminds me of how i felt watching Gazza play. He has to start for me

Gazza was good, but he was never a match for Nicky Reid. And Keith Hill getting stuck into him when we equalised is funny! Well worth a watch. Like a different world!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Gazza was good, but he was never a match for Nicky Reid. And Keith Hill getting stuck into him when we equalised is funny! Well worth a watch. Like a different world!

 

I’ve not seen this footage but will definitely be watching it tomorrow when the wife’s at work. Cheers 😂👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Gazza was good, but he was never a match for Nicky Reid. And Keith Hill getting stuck into him when we equalised is funny! Well worth a watch. Like a different world!

 

Great to see the ball being got forward at every opportunity. It’s like watching a different game to today’s football. Not enough walking football and sideways passing for modern fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

On the game - has to be the most bizarre set of pre tournament friendlies in history. Neither England side that played bore any relationship really with the team that will start next weekend. Not even the same formation! Absolutely mad.

Most of the best chances fell to Romania and we looked pretty easy pickings at the back, especially down the left, and up front didn't look that fluent. We don't look a strong proposition tbh.

Going into the tournament with no real idea on how we will line up, and looking very dodgy in defence, is not good. Croatia are a handy side as we know, wouldn't be amazed if we get well beaten. Or we could click and do well. Total mystery.

It's frustrating when we are overflowing with talent in virtually every position our centrebacks are so poor.

Stones to come back plus white looked quality yesterday.  Assured in possession.  Good passer. Nicked the ball off their attackers.  Still would have taken tomori 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.