BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bournemouth away

We are  great to watch the movement, the running with the ball and some of the individual talent . The recklessness in defence will cost us in the end but the array of talent is a pleasure to watch. I am not a great lover of Mowbray and I’m not sure if it’s by design or accident but it is entertaining and our style appears to have changed. All in all a great game to watch shame about the result but let’s do the same again. There will not be many teams in this league that are that clinical and we will win more than we lose.

COYB

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats a big statement considering it was his first 20 minutes of League football in which his failed trick led to the winning goal.

He was very bright when he came on and I dont doubt that I would like to see more of him in the first team but I think that people are going a little over the top and could lead to potentially expecting too much from him.

Duff was a world class talent who not only was exciting but was very effective. Lets not go over the top.

I am not saying he is at Duff's level, but I remember when Damien broke through he was an absolute pleasure to watch. We haven't had a home grown attacking player like it since. Dolan changed the game when he came on. We were the only team looking like winning. The high press game that we are now playing needs Dolan's energy. He's the one to watch, for me, this season.

• Like 5

Performances like today occur far too often under Mowbray. Some good football interspersed with lapses in concentration. Losing despite dominating. Too often the nearly men who lack the cojones when the pressure is on. The amount of times Tony has mentioned 'there only looked like one team that would go on to win it' in his post match interview. Unlike Tony, I'm always pretty confident we won't win when the game is in the balance approaching the closing stages. I know its only day 1 of the new season, but it feels like groundhog day. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

If only BRFCS could manage the lads. That’s not sarcasm, by the way. We have all known that our defence is the key failing in the team, has not been addressed and will cost us points. A Keeley and Faz in that team and we win 2-0.

I was thinking on the same lines and Howard Kendall's team came to mind, knew this players limitations and played according winning 1-0 most games. Mowbry is trying to play a style without all the components it needs imo.

Edited by funny-old-game
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

‘There’s lots of positives to take from today. There’s no negativity’.

I don’t know Tony, I wouldn’t call conceding three goals a positive tbh.

What planet is Mowbray on. Get shut. Fed up being nearly men. With no steel. No guts. They were there for the taking today. And they blew it again. How many times are we gonna see the same old same old. I’d say conceding three goals is negative Tony. Good teams play badly and win when they have to. Bad teams play well and lose. Improve the f&£@ing defence or jog on.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray's latest game is to spend the entire 90 minutes sat down in the dugout. 

Is he trying to make some sort of point by not standing up?

I don't think he stood up all day. What's he up to?

Its an odd one and seems a deliberate ploy. Almost like he's distancing himself from what happens onfield.

Meanwhile, Venus sits by his side picking his (own) nose and wiping snot on his knee.

Inspiring stuff.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The commentators said some weird thing about him only getting up when things are going wrong, so as we were playing well, he would stay sat down.

Edit: to be clear, we conceded 3 and lost, so Christ knows what it takes to get him out of his seat.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

If we play like that every week we will win games.

No, not my opinion, just one we continually hear.

Was impressed at times today BUT Bell. Seriously. Stop playing this lad please.

Apart from that Kamy for me was excellent and will grow. Dolan, wow this lad is gonna do tings. Yeah I said tings.

We go again.....

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What’s Damien Johnson’s role in the dugout?

It is interesting - have noticed too how TM is sitting back now.

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, Gamst said:

Unlike Tony, I'm always pretty confident we won't win when the game is in the balance approaching the closing stages.

If we're 'on top' or 'dominating' in the closing stages and the game is level you can practically guarantee the opposition will end up scoring. It's happened so many times that I'd rather hear we were under the cosh as I'd feel more confident of us nicking a goal in that scenario than if we're dominating. 

• Like 2

Tyrhys Dolan had a great cameo changed the game showed some great skill and opened up some pockets of space that honestly I don’t think any of our other players could bar maybe dack. Yeah he lost the ball for Bournemouth’s winner but that’s the risk these players carry. If our shape was good Dolans loss of possession would have amounted to nothing so really harsh to blame him, blame the shite midfield shape. I don’t even think our back four were that bad the midfield shape absolutely ruins us and the way it’s set up means we will always concede goals even if we had great championship defenders. Also thought Kaminski looked pretty good not much he could have done for the goals, looked comfortable on the ball played sweeper efficiently and that one save was incredible. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

Tyrhys Dolan had a great cameo changed the game showed some great skill and opened up some pockets of space that honestly I don’t think any of our other players could bar maybe dack. Yeah he lost the ball for Bournemouth’s winner but that’s the risk these players carry. If our shape was good Dolans loss of possession would have amounted to nothing so really harsh to blame him, blame the shite midfield shape. I don’t even think our back four were that bad the midfield shape absolutely ruins us and the way it’s set up means we will always concede goals even if we had great championship defenders. Also thought Kaminski looked pretty good not much he could have done for the goals, looked comfortable on the ball played sweeper efficiently and that one save was incredible. 

It’s a good point about the midfield.

Think BJ had ran his race though and anything good he brings to the side is negated by positional/fitness related mishaps.

I can see why we are still linked with CMs tbh

Was Davenport injured?

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

Here's the crux for me.  We won't play much better away from home this season.  Especially at one of the promotion favourites  but we conceded 3.

Bournemouth will probably get better once they adjust to the league - yet they still got the 3 points in the bag.  

If we had signed some defenders, would we have got the points? 

When will we start 'winning ugly'?

16 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

If we play like that every week we will win games.

No, not my opinion, just one we continually hear.

Was impressed at times today BUT Bell. Seriously. Stop playing this lad please.

Apart from that Kamy for me was excellent and will grow. Dolan, wow this lad is gonna do tings. Yeah I said tings.

We go again.....

Classic Partridge opening ?

• Like 3

We don't win ugly and we are the ideal opposition to come up against for sides in need of a boost.

Turn up and try to outplay sides with little else in the locker.

It might look nice and see chances but id have enjoyed today far more if we had just turned up and ground out a dull 0-0.

Mowbray isn't capable of doing that so we'll have a defeat and 0 points but all the usual and now boring platitudes about good performances with nothing to show for it.

• Like 2

JRC has everything to be a modern fullback.

Really good in the tackle (oo-er), positionally he’s a natural, runs all day and has decent ability in attack.

But if we ask him to be a wide forward and rely on him to create or score it’s a completely different proposition.

His engine up and down the flank and a good preseason did justify his start there today - he just didn’t really set the game alight.

Put him at LB

• Like 3

Shouldn't be discouraging Dolan from trying something in the oppositions half. Let the lad express himself. He didn't cost us the game, the defence is just too sh*t to cope, that's the problem. Another season under this fella who has consistently failed to sort the defence out. Either sort the defence out pal or step aside for someone who can.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Johnson for their first goal. Lazy, useless, soft waste of space

Johnson for their second goal. Useless, easily-turned waste of space

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/bournemouth/12070185/bournemouth-3-2-blackburn

He just isn’t fit enough, and although he likes a battle, he isn’t really a DM.

I like his nous, shithousery, and experience in the squad to close out games and get the mentality right...

But what I’d give to clone Lewis Travis and to have two players like that in there...

It comes to something when I think that Evans would be a better starter, cos I’ve always thought he’s shite too.

Where’s Davenport!!!?

CM is as responsible for our goals against column as the defenders are. 

Downing flattered to deceive on that front last year.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 7