Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

What planet is Mowbray on. Get shut. Fed up being nearly men. With no steel. No guts. They were there for the taking today. And they blew it again. How many times are we gonna see the same old same old. I’d say conceding three goals is negative Tony. Good teams play badly and win when they have to. Bad teams play well and lose. Improve the f&£@ing defence or jog on.

....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He lost the ball on halfway. For most teams that doesn't automatically result in a goal for the other team. 

7 players in the match day squad who have previously, or currently play in our youth set up. ?

Kaminski has the feel of an accomplished keeper. Very much in control...

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Anyone, including the moron we have in charge, who blames Dolan for the last goal is an idiot. At least he is trying things. Being creative. A refreshing change from the usual donkey centre forward playing on the wing that Tony usually employs.

Mowbray isn't a moron -stop with the abuse fella.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just watched a full match replay of yesterday's game on iFollow. I had noticed this facility after the Doncaster game.

Great being able to pause and playback at leisure.

It emphasised how bloody awful the Ref was especially in the first half when every dive by Bournemouth was awarded a freekick to the ridiculous extent that our Captain was given a team warning.

I saw it live yesterday but picked up on a lot more detail on 2nd viewing.

Apparently TM sits down when he's happy with things, I suppose that includes when he was giving the 4th official both barrels in the 1st half.

After Dolans failed step-over Bournemouth were put on an immediate counter-attack at speed with a numerical advantage and scored because of that.

But blaming Dolan for the goal would be a bit like blaming Brereton for their 2nd. Not on.

We actually played quite well and no one had a stinker, not even Bell.

How our smaller units cope against a more robust side, like Wycombe next week, will be interesting.

Our shooting still leaves a lot to be desired. Armstrong, Johnson, Dolan, and Evans all missed good chances. We only had 2 shots on target and Johnson's goal showed the value of that.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoeH said:

Chapman has had game time. Unfortunately for him he’s only ever looked a good player against League One or 23’s opposition. Tyrhys Dolan has shown more today against Bournemouth than I believe Chapman has ever shown against top level opposition in the two/three years he’s been here.

Its very early days for Dolan but it looks good so far although the cynic in me wonders if his style of play can survive long term under the current Ewood regime.

The only way that Chapman will even get on the bench again will be a massive loss of form by other players or an injury pile up.

For one reason or another, it hasn't panned out well for Harry at Rovers and I'm sorry for that as he was exciting when he first came to us.

The best thing for Harry is to move on. He's still young and a different Manager will I believe be to Harry's benefit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With Mowbray giving more debuts to academy players the notion that he DOESNT back young players is just odd.

Mowbray signed Chapman twice so Chapman is ‘on’ Mowbray if you know what I mean? Whereas he admitted last week that he hadn’t even properly seen Dolan before he signed and Yet Dolan takes Chapmans place on the bench...the reason quite clearly is that one of them dies as the manager asks and the other doesn’t. It’s clear to me that Chapman was a shoe in to get games this season until Dolan turned up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

His season after season ability to not correct the same mistakes does seem moronic 

There has simply GOT to be more to the defensive issue, I refuse to believe anyone could just sit there thinking its fine. This issue spans much further than Mowbray now and his constant pissed off look when the defence folds again says it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Such as?

Not entirely sure, we know only too well about the scheming scum who have been involved in previous transfer deals though. It beggars belief that numerous managers have seemingly been unable to sign any decent defenders though, yet big fees on strikers get signed off. There's absolutely no way on earth Mowbray can think the current defensive personnel are up to the task in hand, he might have his flaws but he's definitely not that daft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really encouraged with our performance yesterday, and the introduction of Dolan and Rothwell allowed us to watch some very exciting football.

Our 'problem' was we believed we could win and committed too many players forward, particularly the full backs.

Normally TM would be lambasted for 'not going for it', he simply cannot do anything right for some supporters.

But, if this is the quality of football we are going to be served up then I think we will be in for an enjoyable and exciting season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Really encouraged with our performance yesterday, and the introduction of Dolan and Rothwell allowed us to watch some very exciting football.

Our 'problem' was we believed we could win and committed too many players forward, particularly the full backs.

Normally TM would be lambasted for 'not going for it', he simply cannot do anything right for some supporters.

But, if this is the quality of football we are going to be served up then I think we will be in for an enjoyable and exciting season.

My mate said pretty much the same thing after watching it. 

As for the highlighted bit, if we keep shipping goals and not winning Mowbray will indeed be lambasted, and right so. No point playing good football and losing every week because you can't defend as a team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

My mate said pretty much the same thing after watching it. 

As for the highlighted bit, if we keep shipping goals and not winning Mowbray will indeed be lambasted, and right so. No point playing good football and losing every week because you can't defend as a team. 

It's the first match of the season and we should have beaten a team that cost many times more to put together than ours, and one of the favourites to clinch promotion.

Most posters thought we'd get torn apart and lose heavily, but, IMO we controlled the majority of the game and should have scored 4 or 5.

Yes, I agree that we need a new LB and CB, but, I will take that football I watched yesterday because we looked good.

Edited by Doug
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doug said:

It's the first match of the season and we should have beaten a team that cost many times more to put together than ours, and one of the favourites to clinch promotion.

Most posters thought we'd get torn apart and lose heavily, but, IMO we controlled the majority of the game and should have scored 4 or 5.

Yes, I agree that we need a new LB and CB, but, I will take that football I watched yesterday because we looked good.

Yesterday , was in many ways are free hit .. First game of a new season and very much  underdogs ..#

I didnt see the game , except the goals ..

Last season , Charlton and Luton had similar games against us . 

We lost them both !!

We cannot stop the opposition from scoring !!!

Edited by Waggy76
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Doug said:

Really encouraged with our performance yesterday, and the introduction of Dolan and Rothwell allowed us to watch some very exciting football.

Our 'problem' was we believed we could win and committed too many players forward, particularly the full backs.

Normally TM would be lambasted for 'not going for it', he simply cannot do anything right for some supporters.

But, if this is the quality of football we are going to be served up then I think we will be in for an enjoyable and exciting season.

That is not why we lost nor even happened.

The only goal that may fit your scenario came from Dolan's mistake and their fast counterattack. We still had defenders enough that should have coped better in that instance.

Their goals 1 and 3 were caused by other circumstances and not marauding full backs.

Nyambe did however attack more successfully than usual and much more so than Bell but not to the detriment of his defensive tasks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Main thing to take from that game is that Dolan is more than ready to play Championship football. Absolute breath of fresh air. Like watching a young Damien Duff. 

Actually I disagree. After five minutes Cook and Smith knew exactly how to snuff out his trickery.

It would have been a fantastic learning for Tyrhys against very seasoned Premier League level defenders and hopefully the coaches will be running every second of his time on the pitch at Bournemouth through with him.

Definitely keep him for impact off the bench particularly in combination with a second speedster- shock horror why not throw Dolan and Chapman on together?.

We lacked pace in the first half where starting Rothwell could have made a difference 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I've just watched a full match replay of yesterday's game on iFollow. I had noticed this facility after the Doncaster game.

Great being able to pause and playback at leisure.

It emphasised how bloody awful the Ref was especially in the first half when every dive by Bournemouth was awarded a freekick to the ridiculous extent that our Captain was given a team warning.

I saw it live yesterday but picked up on a lot more detail on 2nd viewing.

Apparently TM sits down when he's happy with things, I suppose that includes when he was giving the 4th official both barrels in the 1st half.

After Dolans failed step-over Bournemouth were put on an immediate counter-attack at speed with a numerical advantage and scored because of that.

But blaming Dolan for the goal would be a bit like blaming Brereton for their 2nd. Not on.

We actually played quite well and no one had a stinker, not even Bell.

How our smaller units cope against a more robust side, like Wycombe next week, will be interesting.

Our shooting still leaves a lot to be desired. Armstrong, Johnson, Dolan, and Evans all missed good chances. We only had 2 shots on target and Johnson's goal showed the value of that.

Haven't got time to re-watch it so thanks for doing so.

I did wonder if Bournemouth had got the measure of the ref given Rovers rarely foul to the extent they were penalised in that first half.

Your point about shooting is well made. We missed hitting the target on at least those four times when anything directed between the sticks would have stood a 50%+ chance of going in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all too nice. Was the same under Gary Bowyer and other managers. Come away from games thinking they haven't played badly but concede 2 and 3 yet always look like scoring. You have to do whatever it takes to get points, playing nice football and getting beat counts for Jack sh*t. Foul high up the pitch, take a yellow card, sometimes take a red if it's late in the game. There's still after almost 10 years of Champ football no commitment to a particular style of play, it's just, get some decent players in, wander out in to the pitch and see what happens. The only real style of play I can recall from Mowbray is when we were knocking long balls to Graham with Dack picking up 2nds. Worked really well to be fair, not the prettiest but it was a plan, then he mucked that up by trying this false 9 nonsense. Been saying for 3 years now, I quite like the fella but I've never known a manager make football so much more hard work than it needs to be. 

 

He likes the sound of his own voice way too much. Just shut up talking for once and sign some decent defenders man. Its a waste of good attacking talent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

My mate said pretty much the same thing after watching it. 

As for the highlighted bit, if we keep shipping goals and not winning Mowbray will indeed be lambasted, and right so. No point playing good football and losing every week because you can't defend as a team. 

Yes it’s not entertaining losing every week 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, philipl said:

Haven't got time to re-watch it so thanks for doing so.

I did wonder if Bournemouth had got the measure of the ref given Rovers rarely foul to the extent they were penalised in that first half.

Your point about shooting is well made. We missed hitting the target on at least those four times when anything directed between the sticks would have stood a 50%+ chance of going in.

You lucky man! I have nothing but time, but not complaining too much, don't want to push my luck at my age. LOL

In the 1st have we conceded 12 fouls, Bournemouth 4

In the 2nd half we conceded 4, Bournemouth 8

Especially in the 1st half the fouls we were deemed to have made were for the slightest of touches or no contact at all.

There were 2 bad tackles in the 2nd half both by Bournemouth, the one by Cook was deliberate and nasty.

You might think that at half time Bournemouth decided the Ref was  Homer and went more aggressive but pushed it a bit too far resulting in their 2 bookings.

Never a violent match but Travis and Lerma didn't seem best mates ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading through the posts in this match thread, they could be attributed to the majority of away games and performances over the past 4 or 5 years. It's just more of the same: score twice but still conspire to lose. You build from the back Tony.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

You lucky man! I have nothing but time, but not complaining too much, don't want to push my luck at my age. LOL

In the 1st have we conceded 12 fouls, Bournemouth 4

In the 2nd half we conceded 4, Bournemouth 8

Especially in the 1st half the fouls we were deemed to have made were for the slightest of touches or no contact at all.

There were 2 bad tackles in the 2nd half both by Bournemouth, the one by Cook was deliberate and nasty.

You might think that at half time Bournemouth decided the Ref was  Homer and went more aggressive but pushed it a bit too far resulting in their 2 bookings.

Never a violent match but Travis and Lerma didn't seem best mates ?

I’m probably classed as being on the more negative side of things (which is fair, I am what I am), but the one thing that pleases me is that we have combative midfielders that aren’t afraid to put a foot in nowadays.

Been a long time since that was the case really!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mike E unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.