BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DANIEL AYALA

Neal

42 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How does it make more sense to play him over Annesley? We know what Ayala can do if fit. That won't change by playing a few games this season. If anything that would be token gesture. 

Its debatable who is ahead of Annesley, because those who might be are on loan and will be looked at during pre-season, same as him. He is here long enough now that they either give him a chance, or release him. Appearances for him now would be far more valuable than for Ayala. 

With everyone available I doubt if Annesley would make the U23s never mind the first team.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just because we should ideally be playing players that will be here next season. If Ayala was fit to start, playing him and Lenihan together would surely be ideal to hopefully start to build some sort of understanding.

Of course, the fact that he hasnt played all year and will need an under 23 match just to be able to manage half an hour renders that pointless.

Annesley is clearly nowhere near the first team, you didnt even know his name! Its not as if we are short of young centre backs, but due to injury and being out on loan, we cant play the main 2/3 that we would want to give game time to. 

The name of the game now should really be planning for next season which would not lead to being totally uncompetitive. It seems that Annesley wont be near the team next season, we are lumbered with Ayala on a deal for 2 more years so he very much will be around the team.

I knew his name, just didn't chance spelling it. Completely irrelevant to my point anyway you absolute pedand. I think you've done too many rounds boring the arse off us arguing in the weeds with chaddy. The standard of your points has really deteriorated. I bet I have actually seen more of him than you have. Ireland have played Gibraltar about 4 times in the last couple of years 

Lenihan might not even be here, Ayala might be injured again so a couple of dead rubbers for them too isn't going to accomplish anything. 

Far more valuable experience for a youngster such as ANNESLEY

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

On 30/04/2021 at 13:58, tomphil said:

That's why he was off somewhere warm until it mysteriously fell through and we picked up his tab. I'd prefer it if he left this summer i think if i'm being honest, better going into next season with a fit Wharton and Harwood Bells back on loan.

Don't forget Carter who, IMO, has played well for us despite his own goal. He seems to have developed well under Jimmy Floyd H.  

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • Moderation Lead

He’s been class, no doubt. Just a shame it took over a year for him to not be injured.

Can we not aim to bait people please?

Not just in this thread, but across other threads, it’s absolutely tiresome.

• Like 1

The proof is in the pudding he's an experienced well rated center half and hes now fit and been played in his position. With the expansive possession football experiment he struggled with shelved for now. It really isn't rocket science is it if only they applied this theory to other positions.

As for critics most including me were concerned at what he wasn't doing because he was injured and on a long well paid contract.  What he could do if fit and motivated was never really the question.

Great signing hes proving so far it's a hark back to signing Moran and the like in terms of anchoring defense. By god does he need some real back up though.

This where are the detracters now stuff is also being peddled on FB. I seriously cannot remember anyone claiming Ayala was not a good CB when we signed him. Most were impressed with the signing at the time. It was the injuries (which boro fans warned us about) and not his ability that fans worried about. And so it proved as he was out for most of the season.

Really hope he can stay fit as he is certainly one of our better players when he is.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2021 at 22:10, 1864roverite said:

Detractors have gone seriously quiet !😀

To be fair, almost everyone slagged off the purchase and the player last season……..some of them in the most extreme terms. Many regular and popular posters included. It was understandable at the time; we’ve had our fair share of high-paid sicknotes. 
Since the new season started he’s included in everyone’s suggested starting 11.

I really like him, a proper hard centre-half and great at set-pieces. Most of all he is constantly organising everyone. I’m sure Lenihan is absorbing a lot of it.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 15:03, tonyoz said:

To be fair, almost everyone slagged off the purchase and the player last season……..some of them in the most extreme terms. Many regular and popular posters included. It was understandable at the time; we’ve had our fair share of high-paid sicknotes. 
Since the new season started he’s included in everyone’s suggested starting 11.

I really like him, a proper hard centre-half and great at set-pieces. Most of all he is constantly organising everyone. I’m sure Lenihan is absorbing a lot of it.

TBTF those who complained did not doubt his ability rather his ability to stay fit. And, in his first season he completely justified those fears.

Should he play regularly for the next 2 or 3 seasons, we will all have to admit the gamble paid off.

But let's see how the rest of this season pans out eh?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I like him a a player there can't be many more cultured center halves in this league. However as predicted he's turned into as much use as a chocolate tea pot.  

I'm sure some of Mowbrays digs about players crying off after they've been through a session and declared themselves fit has been aimed at him.

• Like 3