Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What are centre halves made of these days ? I was just looking up Matt Woods appearance stats for the 7 seasons he played for us - he played  26 out of 26, 48/48, 43/44, 50/51, 52/52, 43/52, 47/49. Th

I actually think Ayala is a really good defender for this level, if he was 100% fit he would make a huge difference to us. If you could get him fit I'd even make him captain due to him always talking,

It appears that Mowbray is now suggesting Ayala gets a run out with the U23s and then maybe some action in the Birmingham game. What a waste of time. Absolutely pointless as Ayala will just lose

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Ayala is available then he is likely to play next season (on the rare occasions hes not led on a treatment table) then it if anything makes more sense to play him over Annesley, who seemingly is nowhere near the first team, and even has 2 or 3 young centre backs ahead of him, so an appearance now would be a token gesture.

The problem is, Ayala clearly is nowhere near match fit, it seems an unnecessary risk to try and play him at Birmingham off the bench. If he was ok to start, different prospect.

How does it make more sense to play him over Annesley? We know what Ayala can do if fit. That won't change by playing a few games this season. If anything that would be token gesture. 

Its debatable who is ahead of Annesley, because those who might be are on loan and will be looked at during pre-season, same as him. He is here long enough now that they either give him a chance, or release him. Appearances for him now would be far more valuable than for Ayala. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Fear not; spring and summer is when he comes to his own. It's just every winter and autumn he goes into hiding. Bit of an issue as a footballer.

That's why he was off somewhere warm until it mysteriously fell through and we picked up his tab. I'd prefer it if he left this summer i think if i'm being honest, better going into next season with a fit Wharton and Harwood Bells back on loan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How does it make more sense to play him over Annesley? We know what Ayala can do if fit. That won't change by playing a few games this season. If anything that would be token gesture. 

Its debatable who is ahead of Annesley, because those who might be are on loan and will be looked at during pre-season, same as him. He is here long enough now that they either give him a chance, or release him. Appearances for him now would be far more valuable than for Ayala. 

Just because we should ideally be playing players that will be here next season. If Ayala was fit to start, playing him and Lenihan together would surely be ideal to hopefully start to build some sort of understanding.

Of course, the fact that he hasnt played all year and will need an under 23 match just to be able to manage half an hour renders that pointless.

Annesley is clearly nowhere near the first team, you didnt even know his name! Its not as if we are short of young centre backs, but due to injury and being out on loan, we cant play the main 2/3 that we would want to give game time to. 

The name of the game now should really be planning for next season which would not lead to being totally uncompetitive. It seems that Annesley wont be near the team next season, we are lumbered with Ayala on a deal for 2 more years so he very much will be around the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How does it make more sense to play him over Annesley? We know what Ayala can do if fit. That won't change by playing a few games this season. If anything that would be token gesture. 

Its debatable who is ahead of Annesley, because those who might be are on loan and will be looked at during pre-season, same as him. He is here long enough now that they either give him a chance, or release him. Appearances for him now would be far more valuable than for Ayala. 

With everyone available I doubt if Annesley would make the U23s never mind the first team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just because we should ideally be playing players that will be here next season. If Ayala was fit to start, playing him and Lenihan together would surely be ideal to hopefully start to build some sort of understanding.

Of course, the fact that he hasnt played all year and will need an under 23 match just to be able to manage half an hour renders that pointless.

Annesley is clearly nowhere near the first team, you didnt even know his name! Its not as if we are short of young centre backs, but due to injury and being out on loan, we cant play the main 2/3 that we would want to give game time to. 

The name of the game now should really be planning for next season which would not lead to being totally uncompetitive. It seems that Annesley wont be near the team next season, we are lumbered with Ayala on a deal for 2 more years so he very much will be around the team.

I knew his name, just didn't chance spelling it. Completely irrelevant to my point anyway you absolute pedand. I think you've done too many rounds boring the arse off us arguing in the weeds with chaddy. The standard of your points has really deteriorated. I bet I have actually seen more of him than you have. Ireland have played Gibraltar about 4 times in the last couple of years 

Lenihan might not even be here, Ayala might be injured again so a couple of dead rubbers for them too isn't going to accomplish anything. 

Far more valuable experience for a youngster such as ANNESLEY

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2021 at 13:58, tomphil said:

That's why he was off somewhere warm until it mysteriously fell through and we picked up his tab. I'd prefer it if he left this summer i think if i'm being honest, better going into next season with a fit Wharton and Harwood Bells back on loan.

Don't forget Carter who, IMO, has played well for us despite his own goal. He seems to have developed well under Jimmy Floyd H.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.