BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

Btw does anyone know how the ifollow match pass money is split?

I know for the cup it was 50/50 but all I've found about league games was the home side keeps the first 500 bought by away fans, and the away side keeps the money from any further away purchases. But that was for League One, I don't know if the rules or figures change for Championship.

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I would imagine the reasoning for JRC over Nyambe is that Jozwiak is going to tear apart whichever one plays, so may as well use the lad who has the better forward ability so we can outscore them.

Lol. This doesn’t sound like a good reason/solution to me 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Evidently that’s not what the manager thinks. I believe it’s only right to skate JRC over Nyambe if a) as a team we defend poorly and b) if JRC is poor in the game.

Let’s talk tomorrow and see how it’s gone. We can be berating team selection until the games done.

My point is not even about the right back selection! It is against your logic, even if they had Eden Hazard down the left, no sane manager would accept that there is nothing defensively that he can do and instead pick an attacking player there as if the attitude is to just let the dangerous attacking player get on with it. And thats before you consider that the player has only just signed from the Polish league, he may appear to be an exciting signing and im sure hes a good player but not to the extent that you accept that hes going to have a field day and theres nothing we can do!

I suspect Mowbray has literally just picked the same team that won 5 nil. I would have played Nyambe who was excellent the week before and is our best right back but theres a bit of logic to keeping the same team. 

Of course, the hope is that we keep a clean sheet and win today and the selection is justifed.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

Btw does anyone know how the ifollow match pass money is split?

I know for the cup it was 50/50 but all I've found about league games was the home side keeps the first 500 bought by away fans, and the away side keeps the money from any further away purchases. But that was for League One, I don't know if the rules or figures change for Championship.

I think that the Club selling keep the full amount which is 70 per cent of the net with EFL/iFollow the rest

If you're in a team that won 5-0 last time out, you'd expect to start the next match. Sure, Mowbray keeping the same team is such a rarity that it's worthy of comment. I don't ascribe motives of contract issues with Nyambe. I'd have preferred Nyambe in and Bell out, but I don't get to pick the team. I'm certainly ticking the 'keep the same team, consistency' box. A lot of of us want Mowbray to play a settled side and can hardly criticise him for doing what we want.

Last week, I think, set the standard Mowbray wants. If players meet those, they'll keep the shirt. If others want to get in the team, they'll have to show better in training or substitute appearances..

• Like 2

Weird to see quite a few on here defending the decision to keep Nyambe on the bench because we won last time against poor opposition. If JRC had played a blinder, fine, but he didn't. If TM hadn't changed winning sides in nonsensical ways umpteen times before, fine, but that's blatantly not his policy. This change would have made sense, unlike many he has done.

Nobody, NOBODY would have been complaining if Nyambe had come in for JRC. Especially if JRC had replaced Bell too. Don't act like the board would have been in uproar because he made one very rational change.

• Like 4

Again, Derby have easily one of the worst defences in the division out on the pitch today.

Byrne, Wisdom, Te Wierek, Buchannann

is dreadful. I can understand TM wanting to play an attacking team and trying to outscore them.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Weird to see quite a few on here defending the decision to keep Nyambe on the bench because we won last time against poor opposition. If JRC had played a blinder, fine, but he didn't. If TM hadn't changed winning sides in nonsensical ways umpteen times before, fine, but that's blatantly not his policy. This change would have made sense, unlike many he has done.

Nobody, NOBODY would have been complaining if Nyambe had come in for JRC. Especially if JRC had replaced Bell too. Don't act like the board would have been in uproar because he made one very rational change.

JRC was in the Championship team of the week along with Johnson, Williams, Dolan and Armstrong.

He also had the 2nd most touches and 2nd most shots on goal last week (including hitting the wood work), so was heavily involved in everything we did. 

Yes, TM has changed winning sides before... but how many times have we won 5-0 before?

No major surprise to see the same team and same subs after a 5-0 win. 

TM is not stupid he will know Nyambe is our best full back. I'm thinking he must be carrying an injury and with our current injury issues its no surprise he hasn't taken the risk. 

If it is contractual and Nyambe is had indicated he isn't interested in a new deal then sod him. Leave him on the bench for the season. 

16 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

If you're in a team that won 5-0 last time out, you'd expect to start the next match. Sure, Mowbray keeping the same team is such a rarity that it's worthy of comment. I don't ascribe motives of contract issues with Nyambe. I'd have preferred Nyambe in and Bell out, but I don't get to pick the team. I'm certainly ticking the 'keep the same team, consistency' box. A lot of of us want Mowbray to play a settled side and can hardly criticise him for doing what we want.

Last week, I think, set the standard Mowbray wants. If players meet those, they'll keep the shirt. If others want to get in the team, they'll have to show better in training or substitute appearances..

Normally I'd agree, but we can't expect JRC to be able to sit beyond halfway for most of this match.