BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers and Covid

51 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What is interesting though Nick is that the email says these plans have been approved in the close season by the Championship clubs. I haven't seen any mention of this from any club or until now from the EFL.

Thanks for digging around with this. Maybe one for our local hacks to take up.

I've not seen or heard anything either Tony, hence the reason I sent the email. I didn't expect a reply in honesty but at least they did. Yes perhaps if Kamy still frequents the board, it could be something he could take up and ask what the implications are for The Rovers or any Club. I'll post the response to my request for further clarification if and when I receive one

51 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I wrote to the EFL several weeks ago to ask what the current situation was regarding FFP and credit where its due, I received a reply as follows:

"Proposals were approved in the close season by all Championship Clubs to amend Profit and Sustainability Regulations in order to address the impact that Covid-19 has had on Club finances and on all Clubs P&S results. Clubs will now report on a four year period that covers 2017/18 - 2020/21 instead of three years 2017/8 - 2019/20."

Make of that what you will but it appears to me that it just kicks the can down the road.

Thanks for this. 

Makes going up this season even more vital.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Mowbrays comments after the QPR game were that Holtby called him late Friday night with a temperature but Mowbray said it is not COVID related as he had a test when he was going too and from Germany.

A - That doesn't make sense as he could have clearly been exposed since being back

B - Mowbray saying that the fact he has a test at that point in time very much suggests we aren't testing regularly. Which would explain all our absentees. It may be putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 but to me it seems that any kind of symptom, which could be in relation to anything is being treated as cause to self isolate.

It is no wonder we seem to be suffering significantly more than other clubs. I'm not saying for one second we should be taking risks but surely we should have a testing system in place to ensure our assets being paid tens of thousands a week can get on the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Mowbrays comments after the QPR game were that Holtby called him late Friday night with a temperature but Mowbray said it is not COVID related as he had a test when he was going too and from Germany.

A - That doesn't make sense as he could have clearly been exposed since being back

B - Mowbray saying that the fact he has a test at that point in time very much suggests we aren't testing regularly. Which would explain all our absentees. It may be putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 but to me it seems that any kind of symptom, which could be in relation to anything is being treated as cause to self isolate.

It is no wonder we seem to be suffering significantly more than other clubs. I'm not saying for one second we should be taking risks but surely we should have a testing system in place to ensure our assets being paid tens of thousands a week can get on the pitch. 

Is it not the case that the Blackburn area has suffered just about the worst rate of Covid in which case the club will suffer more than most others - Accrington had their game called off on Saturday because of it.

• Like 1

So the first thing that should've happened was everyone who works at the club and lives in the BB area should've been tested. Regularly.

Maybe they have but doubt it i think the fact a lot of the football staff and players live all over the place it'll be the same at most clubs. Plus the chances of them all doing as they are told is slim knowing footballers. That's before they start mixing it with other teams and all the rest that goes with games.

The EPL should have kept the twice a week testing rules it's gross incompetence to drop it if they have. 

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Is it not the case that the Blackburn area has suffered just about the worst rate of Covid in which case the club will suffer more than most others - Accrington had their game called off on Saturday because of it.

More reading into some of Mowbrays quotes around Holtby having had a test due to going Germany. Implying that the regular testing was not currently happening at Rovers. Considering the local rates of Covid surely it would make it even more of a priority. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LDRover said:

Is testing within elite sports clubs not mandatory?

It was after last lockdown but not going into this season apparently or at least not the twice a week it was.  Utterly ridiculous given the circumstances no idea who's to blame but it really lies at the EFL's door again.

Closely followed by the clubs themselves it's not rocket science to have the brains to keep implementing it whilst it's still rife. 

Unless the EFL reinstate the twice weekly testing the fixture chaos come March is going to be horrendous for every team in the championship and we'll nigh impossible for lower league sides. Example at the end of October Stockport played a high risk game against Weymouth who had had a number of positives. Now Stockport have numerous positives but in the meantime played Rochdale in the cup at the weekend chances are in a week or so Rochdale are going to be showing numbers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Highly likely Blackburn - and probably East Lancashire - will be put back into tier 3 so no fans will be allowed in at Rovers unfortunately.

There will be (another) big north south divide here with many southern teams who will be in tier 1 + 2 areas undoubtedly getting an advantage by being able to have some home fans in.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, philipl said:

Tier 4 introduced in London and the South East bans all inessential travel. No mention whether football teams can move about.

It said same rules as the nationwide lockdown except for places of worship. So therefore I presume they can.