BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watford v Rovers Wed 21st Oct 7.45pm

44 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He absolutely knows but he's lumbered himself with a 5 million pound dilemma.

do you think tony puts gally out wide thinking he`ll get long balls played towards him so  he can overpower the full back,hughes used do the same with santa cruz to pressure the full back sometimes,the big difference though was he got the service and had more ability in his little toe than gallagher has in his whole body,bizarre notion by mowbray if he thinks this way because we don`t play that style

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

do you think tony puts gally out wide thinking he`ll get long balls played towards him so  he can overpower the full back,hughes used do the same with santa cruz to pressure the full back sometimes,the big difference though was he got the service and had more ability in his little toe than gallagher has in his whole body,bizarre notion by mowbray if he thinks this way because we don`t play that style

You're  right but the difference is that Santa Cruz would win the ball lay the ball off to Bentley then bust a gut to get into the penalty box unlike Gallagher who flicks the ball aimlessly to none in particular then admires his work or just trots into the middle and usually hides behind the centre half

25 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

One hopeful thing may be that Watford have only scored 3 (three) goals this season. Three 1-0 wins, a 0-0 draw and a 0-1 defeat. Amazing to only score that number of goals and still have 10 points.

Shows how good defensively they are to

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clitheroe said:

But - Dolan looks half the player without JRC backing him up. Since Nyambe we've not looked anywhere near as much of a threat down the right. 

My thoughts exactly. Dolan and JRC play brilliantly together. Nyambe doesn't suit playing with Dolan.

Watford to win this easily, unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Yeah I do think there's a bit of that but there's no Tosin now to ping decent balls over 

Rarely worked anyway you need class and Gally is a long way from being the Champ version of Roque 

Personally I think it's more to do with his willingness to put in a few yards. Bad do when you've to spend so much just for that 

5 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

You're  right but the difference is that Santa Cruz would win the ball lay the ball off to Bentley then bust a gut to get into the penalty box unlike Gallagher who flicks the ball aimlessly to none in particular then admires his work or just trots into the middle and usually hides behind the centre half

If they click someone will get spanked.  This is a game for men.

I would say to the team "forget about Cardiff and Forest - this will be a very different game. Press them high an early and break quickly." I quite fancy us to get an unexpected result. As we don't have Rothwell I would play JRC in there to join up midfield and attack.

Team for me :

Kaminski.

Nyambe     Ayala.    Lenihan.   Douglas

JRC.     Johnson.   Holtby

Dolan.   Armstrong.  Brereton 

Subs : Greek GK (I will learn how to spell his name!), Wharton, Bell, Buckley, Trybull, Elliot, Gallagher.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Might turn out to be our key player. Even more so than Armstrong or Dack in isolation.

We physically can’t keep the ball without him. Hoping Trybull helps in that regard, looks tidy.

14 hours ago, Elvis Biro said:

One hopeful thing may be that Watford have only scored 3 (three) goals this season. Three 1-0 wins, a 0-0 draw and a 0-1 defeat. Amazing to only score that number of goals and still have 10 points.

13 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Shows how good defensively they are to

It's almost like if you get the defence right the rest follows. Build from the back might be a cliché but it's also very true. 

• Like 3

Mowbray may have targeted this game tactically more than Forest where a new manager made planning unpredictable. Could see him going with something like below. Johnson/Evans picking up Pedro when he drops in. Front 3 to stay high as much as possible...

Kaminski

Nyambe  Ayala  Lenihan  Bell

Johnson  Evans

Holtby 

Gallagher  Arma  Brereton

A point would be great if we could follow up with 3 at the weekend!

2 hours ago, wanderingrover said:

Mowbray may have targeted this game tactically more than Forest where a new manager made planning unpredictable. Could see him going with something like below. Johnson/Evans picking up Pedro when he drops in. Front 3 to stay high as much as possible...

Kaminski

Nyambe  Ayala  Lenihan  Bell

Johnson  Evans

Holtby 

Gallagher  Arma  Brereton

A point would be great if we could follow up with 3 at the weekend!

Not certain how Gallagher would make the 11 - surely Dolan or Elliott ?

• Like 1

I’m predicting Mowbray’s selection rather than making my own but I’m also not sure if Dolan has come up against a decent team who play with WB’s (??), which may impact his selection here...

If it were up to me, I’d have Douglas over Bell but I don’t have an issue with Gallagher for this particular game with Dolan/Elliott off the bench. Expect Dolan/Elliott to start again this weekend.