BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harvey Elliott- let's enjoy this season together

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

So, we should play an inferior player because then we won't go up, but we will get to keep them?

And we should also play a less skilled player because, even if we don't go up, who cares about the pleasure of watching a talented player turn out for your side?

Oh, and we shouldn't bring talented players in on loan because there is no way that they could possibly have an impact on the squad, influence other players, and pass on skills.

And, finally, we shouldn't bring in players on loan because signing good players and showing that moving to Blackburn can be a good career move is in no way a good thing for the club to do and it can have no benefits on future transfers or contract negotiations.

Makes sense.

Glad you agree

He will be gone soon enough.

I hope your legacy projections come true.

And yes being selfish I do enjoy watching Harvey play and will enjoy his skills whilst he's here.

It's ROVERS

I wouldn't say it's completely beyond the realms of possibility to get him back for a second season on loan. I'm sure liverpool are probably pretty pleased on how we are handling him and the game time he's getting. Still don't see him being anywhere near their starting line up. Biggest threat would be a premier league team wanting to loan him next year. Assuming we aren't there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

I wouldn't say it's completely beyond the realms of possibility to get him back for a second season on loan. I'm sure liverpool are probably pretty pleased on how we are handling him and the game time he's getting. Still don't see him being anywhere near their starting line up. Biggest threat would be a premier league team wanting to loan him next year. Assuming we aren't there.

To be honest - if he continues to improve (and let's be honest for all the hype he has had more than one average game) - there is no way he will be with us next season unless we are promoted (even then only on loan).

While he is with us, we just have to enjoy the skills of a player that (at the moment) looks destined to be a top player. He is looking like the best loan we have had since Archibald.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

To be honest - if he continues to improve (and let's be honest for all the hype he has had more than one average game) - there is no way he will be with us next season unless we are promoted (even then only on loan).

While he is with us, we just have to enjoy the skills of a player that (at the moment) looks destined to be a top player. He is looking like the best loan we have had since Archibald.

Bentley wasn't a bad loan either (first time round)

12 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I think the only way we have him next season too is if we get promoted.

• Like 1

His vision to pick out a pass forward is something we haven't seen in a very long time. I recall Berkovic coming in and having the same ability at this level back in 2001. Difference being this lad is only 17 and has hardly played any professional football.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

How did he get a player of the month nomination?! He was very average in Jan, at best.

Probably because of Liverpool fans on social media decreeing that Harvey was carrying us single handedly. Even had a Utd fan said to me yesterday in work that you re a one man team ..again Harvey being that man !

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Probably because of Liverpool fans on social media decreeing that Harvey was carrying us single handedly. Even had a Utd fan said to me yesterday in work that you re a one man team ..again Harvey being that man !

He's been poor-average since Christmas. 

He probably needs a break - he is only 17 after all. 

• Like 1

I think he's been really poor for quite a while but this has been masked somewhat by the fact that in some games where he has otherwise contributed absolutely nothing, he has popped up out of nowhere with a clever assist.

If this is adequate for you then fair enough. He's a player who clearly has a lot of natural talent and in years to come may turn out to be a very good player. However I think he's miles short of being the world beater he is constantly hailed as and given the same amount of game time I'm not sure Dolan would have contributes any less.

• Like 1

I think you're being unfair Rev. The lad's about 17, he's not fully grown and he's still a baby in football terms, and his form has dipped a bit but his ability sticks out like a sore thumb in our team of plodders and he never gives less than 100%.  

• Like 3

I entirely agree with Rev’s post. I do see a good, potentially great player in him. I’m just not sure he is a player we need in our starting lineup right now.

Most games over the last couple of months I’ve found him to be one of our worst performers. I understand he’s young but we can’t afford to carry an underperforming player and provide excuses for him. Many games in the Championship are a battle and I don’t think Harvey physically has it in him to aid us in those games. Defensively he doesn’t offer us anything and if it’s a game where he isn’t afforded the time to put his foot on the ball then he disappears.

1 hour ago, Jpath19 said:

I entirely agree with Rev’s post. I do see a good, potentially great player in him. I’m just not sure he is a player we need in our starting lineup right now.

Most games over the last couple of months I’ve found him to be one of our worst performers. I understand he’s young but we can’t afford to carry an underperforming player and provide excuses for him. Many games in the Championship are a battle and I don’t think Harvey physically has it in him to aid us in those games. Defensively he doesn’t offer us anything and if it’s a game where he isn’t afforded the time to put his foot on the ball then he disappears.

I know it's a Elliot thread but you could say that about any of them.  Shit manager who can't motivate himself never mind young vibrant lads.  He's knocking the spirit out of them.   Hes a feckin moodhoover is Mowbray just look at him on friday in comparison to AN , getting his lads in and constantly encouraging and cajoling them through the game....the kids need that every game at this level, Mogadon hasn't got it in him anymore.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I know it's a Elliot thread but you could say that about any of them.  Shit manager who can't motivate himself never mind young vibrant lads.  He's knocking the spirit out of them.   Hes a feckin moodhoover is Mowbray just look at him on friday in comparison to AN , getting his lads in and constantly encouraging and cajoling them through the game....the kids need that every game at this level, Mogadon hasn't got it in him anymore.

Watching the match I was amazed - this was a local derby and yet TM sat emotionless for much of what I saw. If players look at the touchline and see TM chewing gum - looking like a bulldog sucking a wasp - how are they going to be motivated ? Part of TM's job is to set them up tactically and to motivate them - on Friday he failed miserably in both aspects.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Jpath19 said:

I see it a bit differently than that. He's good out wide but in the middle he's lost. Mowbray should have known this within 10-15 mins of him playing there and switched him back, but no he had Gallagher (who naturally should be in the middle) where Elliot should have been and Armstrong on the left who had scored 16 goals up to that point. Utterly nonsense management that almost everyone else and their blind dog could see from a mile.

Expecting a 17 year old to do that job, and sacrificing other more capable players in that position is idiocy on an epic scale.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Watching the match I was amazed - this was a local derby and yet TM sat emotionless for much of what I saw. If players look at the touchline and see TM chewing gum - looking like a bulldog sucking a wasp - how are they going to be motivated ? Part of TM's job is to set them up tactically and to motivate them - on Friday he failed miserably in both aspects.

In his interview he said it was cold 😳

• Like 1