BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harvey Elliott- let's enjoy this season together

I have it, on decent authority from a USA contact involved with The Fenway Group, that if Liverpool were to receive an acceptable bid (whatever that entails I don't know), they would let Harvey Elliot go.

It is considered that he is neither big nor athletic enough for them in The Premier League.

Surely if we can pay £12 million for Brereton and Gallagher, Rovers should be looking to make a considerable, if not 'cheeky' bid for young Harvey Elliott. He fits all of the owners' desired criteria and would certainly give a buzz about the place, which is long over due.

Over to you Venkys!........

34 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I have it, on decent authority from a USA contact involved with The Fenway Group, that if Liverpool were to receive an acceptable bid (whatever that entails I don't know), they would let Harvey Elliot go.

It is considered that he is neither big nor athletic enough for them in The Premier League.

Surely if we can pay £12 million for Brereton and Gallagher, Rovers should be looking to make a considerable, if not 'cheeky' bid for young Harvey Elliott. He fits all of the owners' desired criteria and would certainly give a buzz about the place, which is long over due.

I don’t think the Harvey Elliot’s of this world are the sort of players that get you out of this division.

• Like 1

Just now, darrenrover said:

I don't disagree but let's not forget that the kid has only just turned 18.

True,plus having had 6 months with Mowbray as his manager he's probably ready right now to get back to Liverpool and a top class manager to work with.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

True,plus having had 6 months with Mowbray as his manager he's probably ready right now to get back to Liverpool and a top class manager to work with.

I wouldn't disagree with that either!....If only we had one too, instead of the dross we've had to endure for 10 years!

• Like 1

On 11/04/2021 at 13:52, darrenrover said:

He's been doggers since Christmas. No thanks.

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't entirely disagree ER but Mowbray wouldn't be able to get a tune out of Gazza, Gerrard, Zidane, Lampard and Shearer in their prime, never mind a kid who's just turned 18.

The kid has clearly got talent in abundance but as with every bugger else, the gurning Mogadon has clearly knocked the stuffing out of him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

I don't entirely disagree ER but Mowbray wouldn't be able to get a tune out of Gazza, Gerrard, Zidane, Lampard and Shearer in their prime, never mind a kid who's just turned 18.

The kid has clearly got talent in abundance but as with every bugger else, the gurning Mogadon has clearly knocked the stuffing out of him.

Turning point seemed to be when he lost possession which resulted in a goal (can't remember which game - they're all blending into one boring mess!). After that he seemed to stop trying things and went down the safety first route, as per every other player Mowbray has any involvement with. Think he must've had a bollocking which had knocked his confidence.

With him still only being a young lad, a manager with half a brain would've given him a shit sandwich*, but I can see Moggasaurus just going off on one.

(*compliment/bollocking/compliment)

• Like 1

On 12/04/2021 at 15:06, Exiled_Rover said:

I wouldn't go as far as doggers - but he has fallen  below the high standard he set early season. But I agree with "no thanks" far too expensive both in terms of transfer and wages - plus a Premiership club will definitely take a punt on him.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Strange view on a player who is clearly miles better than most our our players, at 17 years of age. 

Agree with this. He's bound to have dips in form at 17 playing for a struggling side.

He's got 16 goal involvements in the league - 11 assists and 5 goals.

From what I can see, there are only 9 players with more goal involvements.

He hasn't been as good since the turn of the year, but overall he's been a success. 

• Like 1

I suspect he won't break into the Liverpool side but will have a very good career. Just needs the right team and formation, which, I have a feeling, allows him to play deeper, in a Beckham-esque type position or, maybe, in central midfield, with a bit of time to play a pass and options to pass to. He has linked up, at times, with Armstrong, from deep, playing a raking pass through the defence.

Edited by riverholmes

On 12/04/2021 at 15:19, darrenrover said:

Exactly. You only have to look at what Allardyce got out of the same group of players that Kean had to see the impact that a good and bad manager have on players.

• Like 2

I think Elliott will be a class player in good time with the right coaching and development.

I agree with others he has dipped but so has the team and we have mostly raved about he and Armstrong this season, it just seems so long ago.

Elliott is the only player I'm confident will create something to get us back in a game and his assists back that up.

Other message boards are also talking him up all the time so other clubs are seeing it too when they play us.

I don't think Liverpool will let him go this early on in his development but I did read today that they may be willing to allow another season with us.

Under Mowbraysaurus that would be wasted but if the change happens, I think it would suit all parties for another year.

I don't think he's ever going to really hit the top. He's talented. And I know he's only 17. But I don't think he will ever have the physicality to play at the top level. He's very slow and obviously quite small. Most small players usually have a bit of zip about them. He's destined for a career as a Luxary player that an entire team must be built around in my opinion. He will contribute at the top end. Like he has for us. But not enough to be that focal point of all attacks.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I don't think he's ever going to really hit the top. He's talented. And I know he's only 17. But I don't think he will ever have the physicality to play at the top level. He's very slow and obviously quite small. Most small players usually have a bit of zip about them. He's destined for a career as a Luxary player that an entire team must be built around in my opinion. He will contribute at the top end. Like he has for us. But not enough to be that focal point of all attacks.

Kind of a Premier League John Buckley then?

• Like 2

On 17/04/2021 at 19:59, Hasta said:

Kind of a Premier League John Buckley then?

Elliott is much more physical than Buckley and he's about three and half years younger.

I'll guarantee you now Elliott has a better career than Buckley.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Elliott is much more physical than Buckley and he's about three and half years younger.

I'll guarantee you now Elliott has a better career than Buckley.

i agree.

That's why Elliot is a Premier League John Buckley and John Buckley is a Championship John Buckley.

• Like 1

On 19/04/2021 at 18:47, rigger said:

Will he ever be a super league Elliot ?

Even if the super league was happening. No. Will have the quality to play in the prem but not towards the top.

Real reason I came on this thread though. Looked very petulant coming off today. I'm glad Trav gave him a shove. Only positive from the entire game. Shame Travis could take that annoyance into his performance. 

Felt like because we were at Hillsborough he wanted to make a statement for the Liverpool fans again. That's some leap I know. But he was poor tonight (barring one great pass) I thought he was poor against Derby and has been so for a very long time. He's a passenger in our side as he offers so little off the ball that when he's doing nothing with it, it's like having 10 men.

Edit: And before anyone says anything I'm aware we have half a team of passengers right now.

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 2

Not sure what went on between Harvey Elliott and Travis when substituted tonight....seemed to be a few words and finger pointing exchanged. Very odd and not a good sign....unless I misread it?

Edited by BlueBro
Spelling