BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Douglas

Holtby Trybull Johnson

Elliott Armstrong Brereton

Subs: Pears, Rankin Costello, Wharton, Evans, Buckley, Dolan/Chapman, Gallagher

Really important game on Saturday, we have to be winning after a poor start to the season. Not interested in "exciting" performances leading to a loss.

• Like 2

Kaminski

Nyambe    Lenihan         Williams   Douglas

Trybull            Johnson

Elliott                     Holtby                 Dolan

Armstrong

Subs: Pears, JRC, Wharton, Evans, Chapman, Brereton, Gallagher

• Like 3

Brereton to progress once again in my opinion. He looked decent against Watford going forward. Great goal too.

You'd have to stick with 4-3-3.

Kaminski

Trybull Johnson Holtby

Elliot Armstrong Brereton

Our weak points yesterday were Bell and Evans. We'd have given a much better game if they weren't on the pitch.

Why is Rothwell isolating by the way? Can't he just get a test to prove if he's positive or not?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski 

JRC Lenihan Williams Douglas 

Holtby  Trybull Johnson

Elliott     Armstrong   Brereton 

What I might go for. Though I like the idea of this also:

Kaminski

JRC Holby Trybull

• Like 2

Tough game this.

Robins has done a very good job there.

Coventry have played 4 of the top 7 in their opening 6 matches and, given the run of difficult opening games, a 5 point return isn't bad for a newly promoted side.

Both teams desperately need to avoid defeat so a draw looks likely.

With all these games coming up in a short space of time, I fear for Rovers as I still see many teams, IMO, with a superior mental and physical fitness.

2 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

What I might go for. Though I like the idea of this also:

Kaminski

JRC Holby Trybull

Swap Trybull and Holtby around and that's a good team.

Bit of a shame to drop Dolan again but a great option off the bench. Brereton deserves a start after a decent performance and goal against Watford.

Elliott did OK, nothing spectacular in his first game for us but I think he has a lot more to offer, so another chance for him to show what he can do would be good.

Douglas has to start and now Ayala is injured we have no option to play Lenihan and Williams, although I think Lenihan can consider himself fortunate there.

JRC is an interesting one in CM. Not sure he is a full back as such and I think we have better options on the wings than him, so that role might suit him a bit better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Swap Trybull and Holtby around and that's a good team.

Bit of a shame to drop Dolan again but a great option off the bench. Brereton deserves a start after a decent performance and goal against Watford.

Elliott did OK, nothing spectacular in his first game for us but I think he has a lot more to offer, so another chance for him to show what he can do would be good.

Douglas has to start and now Ayala is injured we have no option to play Lenihan and Williams, although I think Lenihan can consider himself fortunate there.

JRC is an interesting one in CM. Not sure he is a full back as such and I think we have better options on the wings than him, so that role might suit him a bit better.

Agree though I thought Elliot was excellent. Great touch, running and passing.

I think JRC is a runner, and what we need in midfield atm, without Rothwell and Travis.

JRC could also fill the gap when Nyambe rampages forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Tough game this.

Coventry have played 4 of the top 7 in their opening 6 matches and, given the run of difficult opening games, a 5 point return isn't bad for a newly promoted side.

With all these games coming up in a short space of time, I fear for Rovers as I still see many teams, IMO, with a superior mental and physical fitness.

3-0 Rovers put your money on it.?

Wharton to be given a go please instead of dreadful Del

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Tough game this.

Rovers at 5/4 though Merce? Away banker get a little lump on it. 

They say the sign of a good team is one that plays badly and wins. Well we are literally the reverse of that and have been for the last year or so. I was as happy as anybody with the transfer window and even the recent performances but I’ve never been more convinced that under Mowbray we will never ascend beyond the lofty heights of mid table. Added to that more options I fear another Tonebola tactical meltdown.

In fact when it comes to picking the team I think this sums up where he is 

17A6B45D-A15D-4183-A611-4450A9C3909A.gif.8556fe6bf9fd64d6eba606441cc03326.gif

• Like 4

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dreadful Del? He has been our stand out defender in the games we have played so far IMO!

In fairness, I'd probably say he was also unfairly dropped last season too, never does much wrong but doesn't half get some stick! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You want to play Wharton after his performance against Watford? He looked well out of his depth and made an already shaky looking defence look even worse. Williams has been one of our best players this season. 3 clean sheets with him in the team, 0% win rate with him out. 

18 minutes ago, Miker said:

You want to play Wharton after his performance against Watford? He looked well out of his depth and made an already shaky looking defence look even worse. Williams has been one of our best players this season. 3 clean sheets with him in the team, 0% win rate with him out. 

So, Mowbray has won lads.

You've been indoctrinated and now youre accepting a very low bar....?

He's literally done you. Good luck with Super Del. Short short memories....

Coventry have beaten QPR, drawn with Barnsley and Swansea and lost to Brentford, Bournemouth and Bristol City.

So based on that, if we are contenders we have to beat them.

Williams almost certainly in for Ayala.

I would like to see Douglas for Bell and Trybull for Evans.

Brereton's  and Elliott's performances v Watford should retain their places and Arma is undroppable but when Dolan strengthens up (not that he is a wallflower now) I wonder if he could challenge for leading the line? He'd win a few penalties at the very least with those quick feet of his.

• Like 1