BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, yankfan said:

Agreed, we can be exposed in the counter.  It was very apparent vs Watford. Johnson doesn’t have the motor or pace to provide sufficient cover in front of the center half’s when the backs push up. Add to that, the final product from Bell and Naymbe are often times so poor and easily dealt with it’s almost begs for a quick break. That role is best filled by Travis as he will do much better providing cover and breaking up the quick transition. 

Yes. What's really interesting is if everyone is fit it's very hard to pick a best team. I'd probably go :

Kaminski

JRC    Lenihan.   Williams.  Douglas

Holtby.   Trybull.  Travis

Armstrong.   Dack.   Brereton.

But then I'm leaving out Elliot, Johnson, Rothwell, Dolan, Ayala who all have looked really good, and Nyambe who I really rate also. Any of them you could put in there without much argument.

It's amazing really. What a great young attacking squad we have.

2 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

Can see why Herr Klopp allowed Elliott to join us as Mowbray’s tight pressing game and quick on the break style suit his player’s development. We are so good to watch at the moment and the new players today gave us an extra slice of quality.

Herr Klopp will be looking over his shoulder with a bit of concern as Herr Tone eyes his job. Let's enjoy him while we can!

• Like 2

Beat what is front of you. Coventry were marmelised and the stats support what we saw. Well, not quite, how did Coventry get to 34% possession?

Echoing a lot of what has already been said but Williams massively the better of the central defenders. 

Douglas and Trybull both looked short of match action so salivating over what there is to come from them. Buckley much much better when he came on than the game he started- good management by Mowbray to give him the chance to rebuild immediately. Johnson solid and no mistakes today.

To the stellar performers

Brereton two assists and a penalty won had his best game for the Rovers so far but still looks way short of the finished article.

Holtby magnificent except for missing the goal with SIX very straightforward chances. For a player who can pass a ball through microscopic gaps with perfect weight, I just hope there isn't a psychological problem when the intended destination is the back of the net rather than another Rovers player.

Elliott just wow- an assist and a goal and what an all round performance. In matches to come he is going to be the automatic must find player as the ball is passed forward.

Oh and Armstrong scored two and Gally was awful until he buried Elliott's perfect cut-back.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Today was perfect for Douglas and JRC. We were on the front foot all day.

I worry about JRC when he has to legitimately defend. But he didn't put a foot wrong today.

Yes in the brief period where Coventry had 11 men he was caught out a couple of time.

I think Tony may bring Nyambe in for the game vs Reading to shore up then defence. But then where does JRC go as we need his legs and passing quality? Probs midfield. Then that means Johnson is dropped....

Tricky decisions all round.

Is Rothwell available for Reading? That further complicated matters.

Probably best shout is to just stick with a winning team. But I do think JRC at FB and Johnson in midfield could struggle when we are on the back foot.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Great performance today, but is anyone else abit disappointed it was 'only' 4?

I know it sounds picky but that should've really been near double figures. I love Holtby but how he hasn't got a couple of goals today I don't know!

Anyway, like I said,  probably being picky. More of the same on Tues please lads!

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Forrest are going to be incredibly difficult to beat this year.

They stole a win against us. They'll accrue a lot of points this season with that style of football.

That's what makes the Championship so tough it's not really the parachute wealth clubs although there are more and more of them. It's that rock solid middle pack which we are in and the key is get something from those around you as often as you can. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

In what world did i say that ?   Gallaghers game is but seeing as you mention it someone else made the reference so maybe you should take it up with them instead.

Take your false offence elsewhere or actually take posts in the context they are made.

I mean, you were criticising him before, it wasn't exactly a massive leap to infer that you were talking about Arma. 

30 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

We've lost to 2 decent teams and a poor one. In what parallel universe will we make the top 2?

Firstly, I think this is a bang average league which is wide open.

Defensively, we are better equipped with Kaminski, Douglas, Ayala and almost by accident,  Del Boy at centre back.

In midfield, Holtby is now showing what a real class act he can be.  Throw Rothwell and Travis into the mix and also the steady Trybull.

Up front, Brereton is now really delivering and looking a real player, Armstrong should get 20 goals / season, Elliott will just get better and better and Dolan will prove a big, big plus (if managed correctly).

Dack also to come back.

If Mowbray puts players in their best positions (no more square pegs in round holes) and remains positive and lets other teams do the worrying about us then I think we will blow many teams away and we have the ammunition to put even the 'bigger' teams to the sword like Bournemouth and Watford.

Confidence and momentum are key to going on a roll - it might be surprising where it takes us!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

I mean, you were criticising him before, it wasn't exactly a massive leap to infer that you were talking about Arma. 

Again i wasn't critcising him just pointing out the inconsistency between today and the other night where he was poor. The facts or stats back that up i'e he missed a pen and a couple of gilt edge chances.

Just enjoy the fucking win eh.

• Like 2

I said this a few weeks ago, JRC is one of the first names on the teamsheet now. He is so versatile and I think he has an excellent football brain. It's good to have so many options across the pitch.

Credit where it's due, Mowbray has built this squad and the way we play now is brilliant to watch. Also interested to see how apparently 'untouchable' players have been dropped. 

Douglas will be the best signing of all imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Again i wasn't critcising him just pointing out the inconsistency between today and the other night where he was poor. The facts or stats back that up i'e he missed a pen and a couple of gilt edge chances.

Think it was just a misunderstanding! 

We're all enjoying this win tonight surely ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

People are sheep & just look at his goals and put him up there with Shearer.  Consistency is key, if he wants to live upto this price tag people are throwing on him he needs to step up when needed. 

• Like 1

We are playing much better because we now have much better players or players playing much better. 
All the new players look a substantial cut above. Brereton looked a £7 million player, JRC offers us much more than Nyambe, Johnson putting in more good than bad showings.

Highlight for me was how Elliott playing centrally looked more like Dack than Dack.

• Like 2