BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

39 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Do whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy Josh. Jordan Rhodes is a world class finisher stuck in the body of a Dog and Duck, Sunday league footballer. I watched him play week in week out and other than when he scored his influence was non existent because the games were being played far beyond his level.

It was intended to be a funny!

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Do whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy Josh. Jordan Rhodes is a world class finisher stuck in the body of a Dog and Duck, Sunday league footballer. I watched him play week in week out and other than when he scored his influence was non existent because the games were being played far beyond his level.

The first time I saw him play in the flesh I thought " he must be carrying an injury ". He set off after a pass out on the wing and it looked like he was running in treacle. Later on I realised that was his normal running speed.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

A big mention for Williams and JRC today. Williams is like a completely different player this season and it has to be him + Lenihan or Ayala. He's not as aggressive in his play as Lenhian but he reads the game far better. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time and expertly covers when our LB is caught out of position. 

JRC has impressed me at RB this season. I'm not convinced he's good enough to play in one of the wide attacking roles like he did on the opening day, but he's certainly good enough at RB. What an amazing ball to put Ben clean through for the pen. He suits our "play on the front foot" style of play more than Nyambe does. Nyambe will still have a huge role to play this season though. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, 4000Holes said:

Gallagher v Brereton. 
Months ago I commented that I saw a footballer in Brereton but at that time he was being played out of position.  I took some flack for saying that on this site and bar the odd one or two, the replies where what a waste of money. This season he has been a revelation but consider that he is now being played in position and that resulted in a wonderful performance today.  I think my initial assessment is ok but time will tell?

I also commented about Gallagher in the same post saying that I wasn’t sure and I still am not but he must be played in position, no longer stuck out on the wing like a fish out of water but should be given a chance.

I don't know what Gallagher's position is but I know what it isn't - right wing.

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

iv`e yet to see this buckley talent tbh,everytime iv`e seen him he`s completely underwhelming and looks out of his depth,as for davenport,he`s been here for 3 seasons, and we still don`t know much about him,time for him to move on,tony patently does`nt think much of him

How can you judge their talent when 1 gets 15 minutes game time and the other almost none. I have watched these lads at U23 level and believe me they stand out. But now they need football time for a few weeks away from being bench warmers. It's very unfair to judge these lads when they are getting no game time in them. Young Davenport has had 2 very difficult seasons with bad injuries - and that's nothing to do with being injury prone. Believe me these 2 lads are the business.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

A big mention for Williams and JRC today. Williams is like a completely different player this season and it has to be him + Lenihan or Ayala. He's not as aggressive in his play as Lenhian but he reads the game far better. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time and expertly covers when our LB is caught out of position. 

JRC has impressed me at RB this season. I'm not convinced he's good enough to play in one of the wide attacking roles like he did on the opening day, but he's certainly good enough at RB. What an amazing ball to put Ben clean through for the pen. He suits our "play on the front foot" style of play more than Nyambe does. Nyambe will still have a huge role to play this season though. 

Yes that long ball, right to left , was a great pass. Keith Newton would of been proud of that one. If you're a striker you dream about getting passes like that. They get the back four turning when they're not expecting to have to.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ossyian said:

How can you judge their talent when 1 gets 15 minutes game time and the other almost none. I have watched these lads at U23 level and believe me they stand out. But now they need football time for a few weeks away from being bench warmers. It's very unfair to judge these lads when they are getting no game time in them. Young Davenport has had 2 very difficult seasons with bad injuries - and that's nothing to do with being injury prone. Believe me these 2 lads are the business.

Buckley will be a player and have a good career here. Davenport may well turn out to be a good player but I fully expect him to be shipped out in Jan. He won't get a look in here now. Same with Chapman. 

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 4

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes that long ball left to right was a great pass. If you're a striker you dream about getting passes like that. They get the back four turning when they're not expecting to have to.

That is some pass. Not seen enough of JRC to form a real opinion but based on that pass he can't be a bad un. Always thought Nyambe is great physically but lacking football ability, possibly a polar opposite with JRC.

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Don't forget who those goals were against. The likes of Rochdale etc etc.

The comparison was against AA who i dont think i have ever seen score a goal with his head. Even in the same league.

4 minutes ago, LDRover said:

That is some pass. Not seen enough of JRC to form a real opinion but based on that pass he can't be a bad un. Always thought Nyambe is great physically but lacking football ability, possibly a polar opposite with JRC.

You've got to have the football intelligence and vision to see that the pass was on and the football ability to deliver the ball exactly where it's needed.

• Like 2

Can you somebody let me into the Brereton secret - it is almost like he has a twin brother who can actually play. Every now and then he does something that reminds you of the player we signed - but so far he has been one our best players. Given the way we play he is almost undroppable on todays performance.

It is strange - I actually felt disappointed - as we are still missing a large number of very good chances. Armstrong and Holtby should have both had hat tricks. Let's hope they are saving them for Tuesday ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Buckley will be a player and have a good career here. Davenport may well turn out to be a good player but I fully expect him to be shipped out in Jan. He won't get a look in here now. Same with Chapman. 

Hope you're wrong about Davenport. I really rate the lad but you may be right. Buckley will be a top player. He oozes class but he needs game time now. Chapman has the talent - I really hope he makes it. Be that here or elsewhere

13 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Can you somebody let me into the Brereton secret - it is almost like he has a twin brother who can actually play. Every now and then he does something that reminds you of the player we signed - but so far he has been one our best players. Given the way we play he is almost undroppable on todays performance.

It is strange - I actually felt disappointed - as we are still missing a large number of very good chances. Armstrong and Holtby should have both had hat tricks. Let's hope they are saving them for Tuesday ?

He's 21, and starting to mature.  Few players are able to compete at this level, aged 19. One has to assume that he will only get better.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

There is not getting away from the fact that Brereton looked completely useless when he first signed, shot of confidence and nothing went his way.

This season he has been absolutely superb so far and is looking like the player I saw against us when we beat Forrest 1-0, and i thought who is that guy he’s a talent.

Long may Brereton form continue, and another dagger to the heart of those fans who like to use him as a scapegoat to get rid of Mowbray, our best manager since Hughes.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Errrrm no he was not...not even close imo. Rhodes in his pomp had the finishing of Defoe and the overall footballing ability of a league 2 player.

Arma will evidence the huge difference in ability by the level he plays at. He will be in the Premier league next season whether or not we are. 

I'll wait until someone offers £11m (or whatever that's inflated to in this market) for Armstrong. 

1 minute ago, Wood26 said:

There is not getting away from the fact that Brereton looked completely useless when he first signed, shot of confidence and nothing went his way.

This season he has been absolutely superb so far and is looking like the player I saw against us when we beat Forrest 1-0, and i thought who is that guy he’s a talent.

Long may Brereton form continue, and another dagger to the heart of those fans who like to use him as a scapegoat to get rid of Mowbray, our best manager since Hughes.

Well said 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

To me, it just looks like he's focusing on taking a better first touch and playing more simple passes to get into the game. Last season it was almost like every touch he had was like he's trying to prove something and beat his man before he's even received the ball. If you don't have a good fist touch then you won't have a good 2nd. It also seems like he's learned to use and know his body and be comfortable with someone up his arse when receiving the ball. This season I'm seeing him control it whilst holding off a man, then if the space is there he'll attack it, if it's not he just finds feet. Sounds simple, which it is, he's just generally doing the basics better. Lad is big, quick, capable of finishing, now he's doing the simple things well, the his natural attributes are showing through...

It also helps that everyone works their balls off and presses together... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, neophox said:

Armstrong missed some sitters today again...

And what? He scored twice!

5 hours ago, philipl said:

Despite all the goals, I think Armstrong is off the pace at the moment. Wonderful things are going on all around him but he doesn't seem to fit in terribly well.

He’s doing ok so far this season. Do you want more than a goal a game? 

4 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Give it a rest about Rhodes. Gestede and King were better than him. He scored nothing else.

This is so wrong that it hurts. King was in no way better than Rhodes when he was with us, and neither was Gestede as evidenced by the number of goals that each striker scored when they were with us. 

4 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I would put money on Armstrong to miss a one on one than to score. That’s not a good sign for a number 9. Rhodes finishing was precise and accurate. 

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Jordan Rhodes is a world class finisher stuck in the body of a Dog and Duck, Sunday league footballer. I watched him play week in week out and other than when he scored his influence was non existent because the games were being played far beyond his level.

I don’t understand all this nonsense about Rhodes and Arma. They’re strikers, employed to score goals. Armstrong has averaged a goal every game so far this season. Rhodes got us a goal every other game over a number of seasons. How many forwards have we had who couldn’t score goals? 

No other striker we’ve had since the likes of Bellamy, Santa Cruz and Yakubu could touch those guys for goal scoring contributions. 

Honestly some people on here need to appreciate what we’ve got. Some day Armstrong will probably leave us for a bigger club. He’s English, still relatively young, he scores goals for fun and he’s lightning quick. Maybe then people will realise what we had. 

• Like 7