BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I personally think Williams has a better all round game at centre half then Lenihan.

I like Darragh, always plenty of commitment, but he seems to be getting worse with the ball, if anything.

Fully agree with this, and its crazy to think he was originally a midfielder. I do think we are a worse team without him though, just seems to be very inconsistent like the rest of the team

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I personally think Williams has a better all round game at centre half then Lenihan.

I like Darragh, always plenty of commitment, but he seems to be getting worse with the ball, if anything.

I think Lenihan has stopped progressing, in fact, I would say he's regressing.

He's 26 now and getting on for 200 games under his belt.  With that type of experience, I think he should be reading the game much better and in many respects, IMO, is an accident waiting to happen.

• Like 4

Here’s hoping we can put it back together, and get back on track as promotion contenders. Rovers were a beat-up squad going into Derby game, and so far, it was the best performance of the year.  But, we had JR-C and Rothwell, and Johnson on his player of the month ambuscade. Lest we forget, Williams & Bell on defence. 

Rovers need that kind of complete performance again. hopefully, guys will play competently enough to dispatch Coventry (and I’m sure ol’ Tony will get properly reminiscent in his pre-game comments on his old club!)

Rovers, 2; Coventry, 1.

Edited by WacoRover

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Williams has had more good games at centre half than he has bad. At full back he's not so good, mainly because of his lack of pace.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Let's put it this way....lose three on the bounce and folk won't be happy and questions will be asked.

Over to you Tony Tombola.

No questions were asked when we lost 9 from 11 so I very much doubt any will be asked from 3 on the spin. I’ll give you the tried and tested excuses:

Anyone can beat anyone in this division...players need time to bed in...we played in league one for a season don’t you know...impossible to say until xmas 2018 2019 2020 2021...who else would come...do people thing we have a god given right to challenge for the play offs (used to be play in the premier league but it’s been gradually downgraded)...well who would the Venkys appoint (usually the same people who laud them)...well we were the better side...Coventry beat forest who beat rovers what do people expect. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, Mowbray has won lads.

You've been indoctrinated and now youre accepting a very low bar....?

He's literally done you. Good luck with Super Del. Short short memories....

Short short memories? Give him a break, he was an awful left back but he’s put in a lot of good performances at centre half when he’s played there. He’s a more than capable back up option for us at centre back, a lot more capable than Wharton that’s for sure. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

This is a nice side but the full backs lack major pace. Coventry are a speedy counter attacking side, we can't leave ourselves exposed like that. Huge JRC fan and I think Douglas is great but one of Nyambe or Bell has to play and for me that has to be Ryan.

I'd be interested to see JRC given a go with Holtby and Trybull in midfield in a game where we're going to have control of the ball.

I have seen Coventry played. They are decent side. Play the 3-4-3 formation 

I feel we need our attacking full backs for this game and force the wide players in front 3 back. 

I expect Mowbray will take this one more seriously than most other fixtures and will be going to make a point against his former employers.

No pressure on him at places like Bournemouth and Watford. Can turn up with a cavalier approach and get beat and a raft of fans will eagerly point out that we were playing sides who were in a higher league last year.

Coventry is a different kettle of fish. No excuses to hand and having been manager there recently I think (or at least hope) he will want to get one over his former employers and will be under pressure if another defeat happens.

Score draw is my prediction. 

Just now, JHRover said:

No pressure on him at places like Bournemouth and Watford. Can turn up with a cavalier approach and get beat and a raft of fans will eagerly point out that we were playing sides who were in a higher league last year.

A raft of fans will eagerly point out that they were in a higher league than us last season .

They were in a higher league than us last season and they have squads that cost absolute millions more than us.Sarr , Pedro, Capoue, Deeney, Grey...these players are experienced, many of them internationals and cost massive transfer fees.

For a man who spends most his time moaning on here that the Venkys don't spend enough in the transfer market am suprised you think our cheap squad should be going to places like Watford and Bournemouth and picking anything up.I don't care what you say in terms of transfer spend it is David V Goliath.

We went to Watford and had a go and we lost the match.I genuinely do not believe we would have got anything either  if we sat back and many times on here last year people whining that Mowbray is too negative.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

A raft of fans will eagerly point out that they were in a higher league than us last season .

They were in a higher league than us last season and they have squads that cost absolute millions more than us.Sarr , Pedro, Capoue, Deeney, Grey...these players are experienced, many of them internationals and cost massive transfer fees.

For a man who spends most his time moaning on here that the Venkys don't spend enough in the transfer market am suprised you think our cheap squad should be going to places like Watford and Bournemouth and picking anything up.I don't care what you say in terms of transfer spend it is David V Goliath.

We went to Watford and had a go and we lost the match.I genuinely do not believe we would have got anything either  if we sat back and many times on here last year people whining that Mowbray is too negative.

No but I think as a side who sees themselves as being in the top 6 this season, then we can feel disappointed to lose even to the better teams in this league, rather than being content at the performance and embracing an underdog mentality and David v Goliath narrative that is neither constructive nor particularly accurate. That doesnt mean that I expect us to win every game, that I cant accept that we will lose from time to time, or that there arent aspects of the side that show promise. Its just that the main thing for me is results, and if I am taking the top 6 push at face value, then these sides are rivals, not teams that we cant compete with.

Deeney and Gray werent even available and Capoue only was for a cameo following injury and/or transfer speculation. Watford have just had to appoint a new manager, they have had the mental blow of suffering a relegation, they have sold many key players, whereas we are years down the line with our current squad/project, have continued to build rather than sell, slowly working our way upwards. If we come away having lost both games focusing more on the "competitive" performances against these teams rather than the result then does it suggest that the top 6 isnt a realistic aim?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I expect Mowbray will take this one more seriously than most other fixtures and will be going to make a point against his former employers.

Mowbray takes every fixture seriously JH. suggesting anything is BS

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

cavalier approach? 

We went to two teams who were spending millions after millions last season in Premier league. We went there and attack them instead of sitting back and being defensive. would that approach suit our current team and starting 11? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray takes every fixture seriously JH. suggesting anything is BS

cavalier approach? 

We went to two teams who were spending millions after millions last season in Premier league. We went there and attack them instead of sitting back and being defensive. would that approach suit our current team and starting 11? 

Cardiff and Forest weren't too proud to come and scab 4 points off us by parking the bus were they ? You can't win every game in a season, sometimes you have to be pragmatic. Having said that when did we last have a team capable of making it really difficult for teams to score against us ? It must have been back when Big Sam was here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No but I think as a side who sees themselves as being in the top 6 this season, then we can feel disappointed to lose even to the better teams in this league, rather than being content at the performance and embracing an underdog mentality and David v Goliath narrative that is neither constructive nor particularly accurate. That doesnt mean that I expect us to win every game, that I cant accept that we will lose from time to time, or that there arent aspects of the side that show promise. Its just that the main thing for me is results, and if I am taking the top 6 push at face value, then these sides are rivals, not teams that we cant compete with.

Deeney and Gray werent even available and Capoue only was for a cameo following injury and/or transfer speculation. Watford have just had to appoint a new manager, they have had the mental blow of suffering a relegation, they have sold many key players, whereas we are years down the line with our current squad/project, have continued to build rather than sell, slowly working our way upwards. If we come away having lost both games focusing more on the "competitive" performances against these teams rather than the result then does it suggest that the top 6 isnt a realistic aim?

Simple question do you think if we played defensive or doubled up on Sarr we would have got something at Watford?I don't.

And whatever you and others say we created more than enough chances in both the Watford and Bournemouth games to consider ourselves extremely unlucky to have come away pointless.I am a believer that over the course of the season these things even out,we will play a lot worse than we did in those two games and come away with a result.

Also people saying disgrace that Douglas didn't start.The man has had hardly any football and has a history of injuries and we already loaned one full back with historic injury issues in Cunningham who ended up out for a season.

As good a player as Douglas is in no way do his attributes lend to getting the better of Sarr.

I'm still waiting on a response from you over what you said about Brereton last week, how he has done nothing in attacking area's.I pointed out he hit the post that led to a goal and set Rothwell away for an assist.Both examples of threatening play.

Do you still think it's a "myth" that some fans have something against Brereton?The guy had a good match other night,scored a good goal and won countless free kicks.Instead of deserved praise one poster starts giving him shit over his "dives" when yeah he might have gone to ground easy(what player doesn't these days) but they were all fouls.

We have not played our full strength 11 this season and I think it is ridiculous people judging how well or how badly we will do this season.3 players I expect to play an important part in our season have been here 7 days!

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Cardiff and Forest weren't too proud to come and scab 4 points off us by parking the bus were they ? You can't win every game in a season, sometimes you have to be pragmatic. Having said that when did we last have a team capable of making it really difficult for teams to score against us ? It must have been back when Big Sam was here.

But look at both their squad is set for that type of football. Harris style is suited to that aswell. 

Just watching Forest under Hughton now he started 4-4-2 and it didn't work, Derby outclassed them but he change formation second half 

Our squad is set up to certain way. We couldn't play direct style as we no longer have a target man striker. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You are correct. We've spent less than them. David v Goliath on finances.

So presumably you expect no less than a win tomorrow and anything less will be a failure? As we are Goliath to Coventry's David on that front.

I don't demand we go to these places and get results. I would prefer a manager that sets us up to be hard to break down at these difficult places rather than just turning up and being wide open at the back and conceding for fun. 

I'd have had no major issues with the Watford result had we done the business in recent home games but we didn't and it is 1 point from 9 so the pressure builds.

• Like 2

Coventry manager saying they are down to bare bones with injuries and one isolated, says waiting for coved tests coming back from yesterday, think he would like it to be postponed reading between the lines.https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-blackburn-rovers-19152401

Edited by unsall

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats exactly what I mean by a cavalier approach. You say it yourself - two teams who have spent a lot and have good squads - yet we turn up and attack them and concede 6 goals. Cavalier. 

It might bear fruit every blue moon but usually will see backsides slapped.

Most managers know this and will set out to be hard to break down, and assemble a squad capable of approaching games that way.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our squad is set up to certain way. We couldn't play direct style as we no longer have a target man striker. 

He spent £12 Million on 2 target men to replace Graham but they are not good enough to play the role. So we have had to change our system and style because he failed to bring in an adequate replacement for Graham. But this 4-3-3 system does not suit us at all.

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Thats exactly what I mean by a cavalier approach. You say it yourself - two teams who have spent a lot and have good squads - yet we turn up and attack them and concede 6 goals. Cavalier. 

It might bear fruit every blue moon but usually will see backsides slapped.

Most managers know this and will set out to be hard to break down, and assemble a squad capable of approaching games that way.

We created the most chances against a Watford that I have seen twice who has defensive solid and we created a number of good opportunities which we didn't take. 

You might want to be more defensive solid but we don't have a squad for that. 

Our squad and manager want to play positive attacking football and I reckon see us take teams on and beat them instead of playing like Cardiff under Harris. 

11 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He spent £12 Million on 2 target men to replace Graham but they are not good enough to play the role. So we have had to change our system and style because he failed to bring in an adequate replacement for Graham. But this 4-3-3 system does not suit us at all.

Brereton was never target man striker. 

I think this 4-3-3 formation suits us down to treat personally. Armstrong in the 9 role, Brereton suits playing wide of front 3. Elliott seems to like the inside right position in front 3. Holtby and Rothwell can play the centre midfield roles, and Holtby can play the midfield playmaker role. 

so if the 4-3-3 doesn't suit us then how would set up then?

• Like 1