BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Reading at Virtual Ewood

Just now, Neal said:

Manager needs to take some shit for this. He didn't do his homework at all. This lot had 35% possession against Rotherham and won 3-0. They've just done EXACTLY the same thing to us. Have some f*ckin nous about you man. Bloody ameteur hour. Can't just high press every team, got to sit in sometimes and maintain shape. I don't know if it's arrogance, stupidity or both. 

I knew we were buggered when I saw TM's comments about how he expected Reading to approach the game. I've no idea why he expected what he expected.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Manager needs to take some shit for this. He didn't do his homework at all. This lot had 35% possession against Rotherham and won 3-0. They've just done EXACTLY the same thing to us. Have some f*ckin nous about you man. Bloody ameteur hour. Can't just high press every team, got to sit in sometimes and maintain shape. I don't know if it's arrogance, stupidity or both. 

Yep, posted this before the game that Tony would have to be careful how we played this game. He’s not an intelligent manager 

• Like 2

Just now, neophox said:

Not the first game Reading wins with 35% possession. A good team for sure.

Far from the first we have lost with 65% possession.

Reading just like all the other teams that have done us in those games, for me. Getting more credit than they're due in this match because they are top of the league. Take their chances but otherwise...bang. Average. Which is a lot better than our defence is.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I knew we were buggered when I saw TM's comments about how he expected Reading to approach the game. I've no idea why he expected what he expected.

What did he say??? Please don't tell me he expected them to "come at us" because that would confirm the fella has been scratching his arse, eating biscuits and telling the kids how good they are. 

Edited by Neal

40 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Wish we had Joao rather than Gallagher... Pure quality.

Lenihan presumably to lose his place now to Ayala.

Whenever Ayala is fit!?!?

Mowbray said he could have played on Saturday if needed but not fit for tonight...............WTF!?!?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Another stark reality check of just how far away we are from being a genuine threat at this level. At the moment we are flat track bullies. The defence tonight was a total shambles, JRC is not a full back but we know by now that Mowbray has a problem with Nyambe. Williams was poor and Lenihan was again the worst player on the field. Douglas didn't look much of an upgrade on Bell either. Sorting the defence out was a priority this summer and he failed to do it adequately again, surely even he can't have thought that signing an injury prone Ayala would be the answer to all the central of defensive problems. It beggars belief really that he signed 3 goalies but only one centre back. 

He simply has to go now, he clearly hasn't got what it takes to take us to the next level. The way Gallagher is consistently used as a wide man just shows that he is either not bright enough to see what doesn't work or is too stubborn to change. Just like with this awful 4-3-3 formation it doesn't work but he keeps persisting with it.

• Like 2

Regardless of current form, I don't think we'll make the top 6 if we build our defence around Derek Williams & JRC.

Regardless of their limitations, I think we should go with Nyambe, Ayala, Lenihan & Douglas, and stick with them til xmas. 

As always, we will need an Aderabaiyo in Jan if we are to make the top 6. 

We need to tactically match the top teams, which may be our downfall. 

The earlier point about having the same central defensive partnership as 4 years ago, says it all at for me, and only Tosun's loan spell has papered over the cracks. 

How a single game can change your total mood and outlook is worrying. For me, anyway. Feel better now I've shared....

Will be back with undying optimism by the weekend. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

absolutely agree,it`s obvious nobody in the club did their research on reading,it`s a dereliction of duty,ffs you could have phoned every rovers fan in lancashire and they`de have told you how reading would play

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

What did he say??? Please don't tell me he expected them to "come at us" because that would confirm the fella has been scratching his arse, eating biscuits and telling the kids how good they are. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18822509.mowbray-expected-reading-approach-rovers-return-ewood/

Pretty much the arse biscuits mate.

Tbf he didnt say they were going to come out guns blazing, but he didnt expect a particularly defensive display. I've no idea why not, as they had just played that way against the mighty Rotherham and won 3-0 so fuck knows why he thought they were going to play any differently against the dangerous free-scoring side that have ballsed up every time someone plays a defensive countering approach.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's only one game, of course, but I didnt rate Pears. Mostly I feel his positional sense is wayward. He gets drawn to the ball too easily. Absolutely caught in no man's land for the first. Looks like a major area of needed improvement for him.

His best work was in stopping us putting it in our own net. He did react well to that.

Warnock's no fool.

IMO, more charitable work from Mowbray - a four year deal for a bang average goalie is ludicrous.

Don't think he's any better than Steele and worse than Walton - says it all. 

• Like 2

He put frigging elliot into centre mid, so he could put gallagher out wide, sorry but that is just a disgraceful decision, hes scrambling around in desperation trying to justify the fee paid for gallagher. Hes persisting with these crap academy players, buckley, costello, butterworth previously, to justify the academy. Hes tactically inept, totally and utterly inept tactically. This team has some decent players, but going nowhere with this manager. Im sick of it. Watching this league 1 defence of williams and lenihan STILL!!!!!!!!!

If armstrong gets injured where will the goals come from?

Edited by Mogga
  • Like 3

A worrying 20 minutes from Buckley at the end as well. He simply has to push on this season but again failed to impress and was overpowered easily tonight. I like the lad and feel he has talent but he needs to step up and fast. There's better players than him who have faded into obscurity.

• Like 2

Plenty of positives.

Plenty of bad luck.

Plenty of frustrating tactical decisions... Gallagher is not a winger!!! Dear God, why is he still appearing on the wing.

Douglas, Pears and the Norwich lad don’t seem an improvement.

Mind you we are entertaining to watch and I am sure we will kick on.

Just now, LDRover said:

A worrying 20 minutes from Buckley at the end as well. He simply has to push on this season but again failed to impress and was overpowered easily tonight. I like the lad and feel he has talent but he needs to step up and fast. There's better players than him who have faded into obscurity.

Needs to go to the Brereton school of bulking up. Since he's done that he's gone from looking utterly shite to pretty good.