Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who, Jose Marineio?

Brill...  

One of the funniest comments in my direction was at Marine. One scouse wag shouted at me "Referee, that goalkeeper thinks he's Kenneth More, every time he gets the ball he's taking 39 steps". It was t

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no crowd at marine apart from everyone in the houses at the back of the ground watching from over the fence,love it😆

Love the rows of beers sat on the wall behind the fence!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, windymiller7 said:

Love the rows of beers sat on the wall behind the fence!

Knock down the Riverside and build an executive row of houses, I know a few on here who would be keen, Mercer drinking a Chateauneuf-du-Pape on the veranda?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Knock down the Riverside and build an executive row of houses, I know a few on here who would be keen, Mercer drinking a Chateauneuf-du-Pape on the veranda?

watching mowbrays tactics would make me go back inside and switch  bargain hunt on😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the funniest comments in my direction was at Marine. One scouse wag shouted at me "Referee, that goalkeeper thinks he's Kenneth More, every time he gets the ball he's taking 39 steps". It was the day after when it dawned on me what he meant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4th Round Draw. Did Chorley play Wolves before or am I imagining it?

 

Cheltenham Town v Manchester City
Bournemouth v Crawley Town
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest
Manchester United v Liverpool
Southampton or Shrewsbury Town v Arsenal
Barnsley v Norwich City
Chorley v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Millwall v Bristol City
Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackpool
Wycombe Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur
Fulham v Burnley
Sheffield United v Plymouth Argyle
Chelsea v Luton Town
Stockport County or West Ham United v Doncaster Rovers
Brentford v Leicester City
Everton v Sheffield Wednesday

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

4th Round Draw. Did Chorley play Wolves before or am I imagining it?

 

Cheltenham Town v Manchester City
Bournemouth v Crawley Town
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest
Manchester United v Liverpool
Southampton or Shrewsbury Town v Arsenal
Barnsley v Norwich City
Chorley v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Millwall v Bristol City
Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackpool
Wycombe Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur
Fulham v Burnley
Sheffield United v Plymouth Argyle
Chelsea v Luton Town
Stockport County or West Ham United v Doncaster Rovers
Brentford v Leicester City
Everton v Sheffield Wednesday

They did, and stuck a 3-0 up them at Burnden Park in the early/mid 80s. I was there that night cheering them on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Wolves fans mark that result as the lowest point in their history,a lot of them on their forums are saying its a chance to bury some demons from the past,should be one of the BBC games with Man U/Liverpool being the other nailed on BBC game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Was that the same cup run that ended with PNE? Ken Wright's name will always be synonymous with that era. 

It was indeed Chorley played their home game at ewood which was a draw

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2021 at 19:38, Rogerb said:

It was indeed Chorley played their home game at ewood which was a draw

it was an interesting afternoon crowd wise to say the least!!,police just got fed up with it all and started to hit anybody within  truncheon distance,remember my dad shaking his head at it all and us leaving at half time

good luck to the magpies and their fantastic playing surface,just wish i could be there

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.