BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup 2020/21

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Shock result at t'Turf tonight. I would have put my house on the dingles beating the Southern Softies 1-0 at the Dingledome. 

An interesting incident occurred before the game as Pieters was included on the official team sheet to play. Somebody realised that two cautions in the FA Cup is a suspension and Pieters had been yellow carded in rounds three and four. They changed their ream and team sheet and put it down to an 'administrative error'. In other words they didn't know. It would have been funny if he had played, they won and then got booted out.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Shock result at t'Turf tonight. I would have put my house on the dingles beating the Southern Softies 1-0 at the Dingledome. 

They put out a weak side and I suspect are only too happy to get out of the competition.  It's a sad state that football has got itself into when Premier League money is far more important than the FA Cup to the majority of Premier League sides.  Sadly, the cups are just not that important to clubs anymore.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

They put out a weak side and I suspect are only too happy to get out of the competition.  It's a sad state that football has got itself into when Premier League money is far more important than the FA Cup to the majority of Premier League sides.  Sadly, the cups are just not that important to clubs anymore.

i find it  disgusting that any manager who puts a weak side out (if unnecessary) is denying the fans a potential trip to wembley and a major trophy,i hope our scuzzy neighbours get relegated now and that shed like cricket field stand gets condemned

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

I understand all that but with the semi's being played at Wembley win tonight and you have a good chance of getting there. Given they've not much else to play for I thought Dyche might have gone for it tonight.

Well Bournemouth have made my week with that result. I'll be honest I feared a good cup run for the dingles having scraped past MK Dons, overcome a weak Fulham and been drawn to Bournemouth at home who are managerless. 

Get through and it is suddenly quarter final time with no crowds, no Liverpool or Arsenal and strange things can happen.

Thankfully no such problem. Funny to see quite a few clarets going mad at Dyche for his approach tonight. His record in the cups especially against lower division sides is woeful.

They were nearly disqualified before they’d even started.

The quote from Dyche saying he didn’t know Pieters was suspended so named him in the side until Bournemouth pointed it out, ‘as there’s people at the club who keep an eye on these things and it got away from them’ seemed most odd and unprofessional to me.

Bournemouth’s press officer knew, and I imagine a load of Burnley fans did too...

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

Well Bournemouth have made my week with that result. I'll be honest I feared a good cup run for the dingles having scraped past MK Dons, overcome a weak Fulham and been drawn to Bournemouth at home who are managerless. 

Get through and it is suddenly quarter final time with no crowds, no Liverpool or Arsenal and strange things can happen.

Thankfully no such problem. Funny to see quite a few clarets going mad at Dyche for his approach tonight. His record in the cups especially against lower division sides is woeful.

Yeah, it's nearly as bad as Tony Mogadon's at Rovers. Have we actually won an FA Cup tie in his time here ?

A weakened side with the experienced players not looking overly interested. No surprise as it's been Dyche's hallmark since he came to us. Everyone knows he doesn't care about the cups and that must come across to the players.

Still fair play to Bournemouth, easily the better side on the night and deserved a comfortable win.

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

A weakened side with the experienced players not looking overly interested. No surprise as it's been Dyche's hallmark since he came to us. Everyone knows he doesn't care about the cups and that must come across to the players.

Still fair play to Bournemouth, easily the better side on the night and deserved a comfortable win.

8 points clear of the bottom 3 though Longers, if ever there was a time to 'go for it' in the FA Cup it was last night surely?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

8 points clear of the bottom 3 though Longers, if ever there was a time to 'go for it' in the FA Cup it was last night surely?

8 points but three games coming up (Palace, Fulham and West Brom) which will likely decide whether we get relegated or not.

I don't like Dyche's approach to cups and actually think this was a great chance to give it a go but it's just not in him. I'm not even sure if we were safe in 10th he'd give it a go. And I don't want to take anything away from Bournemouth, they deserved it and you can only beat what is put in front of you. Last decent go we had in a cup was in the Coyle promotion season, I've given up on them now.

10 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

8 points but three games coming up (Palace, Fulham and West Brom) which will likely decide whether we get relegated or not.

I don't like Dyche's approach to cups and actually think this was a great chance to give it a go but it's just not in him. I'm not even sure if we were safe in 10th he'd give it a go. And I don't want to take anything away from Bournemouth, they deserved it and you can only beat what is put in front of you. Last decent go we had in a cup was in the Coyle promotion season, I've given up on them now.

What has the football world come to?

55 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

What has the football world come to?

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In terms of excitement it's not what it was, that's for sure.

I can't get excited when I know the manager and team won't really be trying. It's s*** but this is the world we live in. The club is now - and has to be - all about the "business", the money. Pragmatism over romanticism. I can see a day soon where I just give up on it altogether.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I can't get excited when I know the manager and team won't really be trying. It's s*** but this is the world we live in. The club is now - and has to be - all about the "business", the money. Pragmatism over romanticism. I can see a day soon where I just give up on it altogether.

You will be welcome at Ewood if you are on a Bosman 😁😁😁😁.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I've never been as disenchanted as I am now. Not just with Rovers and the lost decade but with football in general. I watch very little these days. The Utd v West Ham game was live on TV last night for instance. I'd rather watch Graham Hall training dogs on Channel 5 ! Not long ago I'd have been watching the game and hoping Utd lose.

It's same with the national team. I only watch them in the big games. Battering Treasure Island and Transylvania holds no appeal for me. They were the teams in a spoof " Monty Python " World Cup football piss take back in the day but I'm amazed that Transylvania haven't actually got a team these days.

Ludicrous wages, diving, weak administration of the game from top to bottom, matches scheduled to suit TV companies, etc etc have all combined to lessen my attachment to the game I've spent life attached to. Wives, jobs, houses, friends have all come and gone. It's a shame that the one constant in my life from the age of 10 no longer has much appeal for me.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've never been as disenchanted as I am now. Not just with Rovers and the lost decade but with football in general. I watch very little these days. The Utd v West Ham game was live on TV last night for instance. I'd rather watch Graham Hall training dogs on Channel 5 ! Not long ago I'd have been watching the game and hoping Utd lose.

It's same with the national team. I only watch them in the big games. Battering Treasure Island and Transylvania holds no appeal for me. They were the teams in a spoof " Monty Python " World Cup football piss take back in the day but I'm amazed that Transylvania haven't actually got a team these days.

Ludicrous wages, diving, weak administration of the game from top to bottom, matches scheduled to suit TV companies, etc etc have all combined to lessen my attachment to the game I've spent life attached to. Wives, jobs, houses, friends have all come and gone. It's a shame that the one constant in my life from the age of 10 no longer has much appeal for me.

I’m with you on this Tyrone. The way the game has deteriorated over, even the past 10 years, is heartbreaking.  I guess we are of a fairly similar age and grew up watching football in a way that was honest and industrious and a mainstay of the masses. I have all but given up watching the borefest games on TV, MOTD went a long time ago. 
My latest whinge is this obsession at corners of placing the ball as close to the edge of the quadrant as possible. More often than not, outside of it if the lino is not at that side. It’s just another way of today’s players finding a way to cheat their way through a game. 
At least, Tyrone, we have our memories of better days. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

I’m with you on this Tyrone. The way the game has deteriorated over, even the past 10 years, is heartbreaking.  I guess we are of a fairly similar age and grew up watching football in a way that was honest and industrious and a mainstay of the masses. I have all but given up watching the borefest games on TV, MOTD went a long time ago. 
My latest whinge is this obsession at corners of placing the ball as close to the edge of the quadrant as possible. More often than not, outside of it if the lino is not at that side. It’s just another way of today’s players finding a way to cheat their way through a game. 
At least, Tyrone, we have our memories of better days. 

My pet hate is throw ins. When I played if you had a throw in 5 or 6 yards from your own goal line and if your opponents marked up tightly it was really hard to get the ball away. Lots of times you lost possession in a dangerous area. Nowadays you begin to take the throw about 5 yards further up the pitch from where the ball went out. Then you just shuffle up the touchline until you're about 20 yards further down the pitch.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My pet hate is throw ins. When I played if you had a throw in 5 or 6 yards from your own goal line and if your opponents marked up tightly it was really hard to get the ball away. Lots of times you lost possession in a dangerous area. Nowadays you begin to take the throw about 5 yards further up the pitch from where the ball went out. Then you just shuffle up the touchline until you're about 20 yards further down the pitch.

My pet hate as well. I like it when the ball goes out for a throw in right by the corner flag. Invariably, the throw in takes place, as you say, yards down the pitch and no one bats an eye lid. Move the ball a couple of inches further forward from the penalty spot and the ref moves in straight away and makes the penalty taker replace the ball. I know these are two different circumstances and the latter is in an obvious goal scoring part of the pitch but when is a rule not a rule? 😆 Just another example of the ‘cheating DNA’ that’s ingrained into the modern day footballer.