BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City away

12 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I know this is a tenuous link to the match day thread but I’m curious as to the practicalities of actually fulfilling tomorrow’s fixture.

With Wales in total lockdown does the Rovers squad have to fly down on the Saturday morning or are they allowed to stay in a hotel overnight? If indeed there are any hotels open?

I suppose if the former then that might impact on performance. I’m not trying to get an excuse in early for a poor performance; just curious.

As for the score 1-1 for me.

It's work, so they are allowed (as tradespeople) to go to work 

• Like 2

We are 2-0-2 on the road, getting 6 points in 4 games on the road isn’t bad. But those 6 were against catfish teams. But, it beats our form at home (1 win, 1 tie, 2 losses).

Sadly, I’m not seeing 3 pts tomorrow. One point, I would be content. 

Edited by WacoRover

45 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I must admit, never seen the Greek lad play. What are his main attributes that make him a better bet than Pears ?

80 league games in Bulgaria's top league including Europa experience for a start in comparison to 20 appearances Pears seems to have scrambled together for M'boro over a number of years.

Pears was one of the most nervous / unconvincing debuts I've seen from a Rovers' goalie. 

Can't call tomorrow's match - unusually, I've no gut feel!

We can be as bad as we can be good!

If I'd to put money on it, I'd go for Swansea given our record against top six teams is played 3, lost 3, goals conceded 10.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Can't call tomorrow's match - unusually, I've no gut feel!

We can be as bad as we can be good!

If I'd to put money on it, I'd go for Swansea given our record against top six teams is played 3, lost 3, goals conceded 10.

This bodes well for a Rovers win then folks ?

• Like 1

i would ditch the 4-3-3 pressing game tomorrow,it`s not a good tactic against a side as mobile as swansea,the lad ayew is class,definately don`t want to give him to much space,this is a game where you need to dig in ,imo swansea are the best side we`ve faced since bournemouth,i doubt mowbray will take much notice of how they operate,he obviously did`nt have reading watched

Really tough game tomorrow. I really rate Swansea and think they'll be top 6 this season. It feels like we're playing a lot of the top 6 contenders at the moment - Bournemouth, Watford, Notts Forest, Cardiff, Reading, now Swansea and then Boro. We've come up short in all of these games so far. 

Reading was by far our worst game of the season and was a real reality check. We need a win tomorrow to get us believing again. It feels all too familiar at the moment despite a good transfer window. 

I think it will end up being a draw. Nyambe will come back in and JRC will probably replace Evans in midfield if Rothwell isn't fit. We need some legs and energy in midfield and JRC would offer that. 

17 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Really tough game tomorrow. I really rate Swansea and think they'll be top 6 this season. It feels like we're playing a lot of the top 6 contenders at the moment - Bournemouth, Watford, Notts Forest, Cardiff, Reading, now Swansea and then Boro. We've come up short in all of these games so far. 

Reading was by far our worst game of the season and was a real reality check. We need a win tomorrow to get us believing again. It feels all too familiar at the moment despite a good transfer window. 

I think it will end up being a draw. Nyambe will come back in and JRC will probably replace Evans in midfield if Rothwell isn't fit. We need some legs and energy in midfield and JRC would offer that. 

Notts Forest are in 21st and Cardiff are in 14th. Not sure that they can be classified as contenders. 

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

How would this impact on Rovers? Do you expect us to be up there challenging?

I do expect us to be fighting for top 6. I'm not writing us off after less than 10 games. 

I don't expect Reading to finish top 2 so they are one of our competitors for top 6. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Notts Forest are in 21st and Cardiff are in 14th. Not sure that they can be classified as contenders. 

Less than 10 games gone!! They will both be up there come the end of the season. 

Man City are 13th and Man Utd are 15th but both will be top 6 come the end of the season. 

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Less than 10 games gone!! They will both be up there come the end of the season. 

Man City are 13th and Man Utd are 15th but both will be top 6 come the end of the season. 

But if that is the case, Reading surely arent? Not sure its fair to class games as "top 6 contenders" for both those not expected to challenge but currently in the top 6, as well as teams that are struggling but were predicted to do well. We faced Forest when they were pointless, not sure that can be classed as a defeat v a contender!

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You will see who the contenders over the next few weeks. Far too early to judge for most teams. League is tight. Five or six winning games in a row can get you up there. Plus with Covid-19 around this league and form will be unpredictably.