BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Middlesbrough Tuesday 3rd November

8 hours ago, Butty said:

9 games in and we’re already talking about games being a must win to avoid us losing any more ground on the top six. End the season now please I can’t be bothered with another season of mid table mediocrity ?

Lose this and we'll be looking over our shoulder, never mind the top 6.

• Like 1

This has relegation season written all over it. Premiership relegation season we had a full team of internationals on the physio's bench. This season is shaping up the same way. Terribly depressed right now. Cannot see us getting anything against 'boro. So depressed.

Edited by TimmyJimmy

Stergiakis

Magloire  Wharton  Williams

Nyambe                                           JRC

Trybull

Elliott                      Holtby

Brereton  Gallagher

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

This has relegation season written all over it. Premiership relegation season we had a full team of internationals on the physio's bench. This season is shaping up the same way. Terribly depressed right now. Cannot see us getting anything against 'boro. So depressed.

Sorry to read that you are feeling depressed. I hope that you don’t mean that literally.  I think Lockdown is affecting the mindset of some of the posters on here. A couple of weeks ago people were saying we were going to piss this league, now we are certs for relegation. A more balanced look of the situation we are in is needed. 
Taking a more layed back view, if we do manage to get promoted the Bunleh fans will say it was because the other teams were adversely affected by Covid. If we end up mid table the supporters will blame a mixture of players missing through Covid, poor team/sub selection and Tony/Gallagher.  Finally, if we are relegated Tony will definitely blame Covid and that sometimes you have to take one step back(again) in order to take two forward, or possibly sideways.
As regards the Boro game, the good news is we’re not on the red button.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Sorry to read that you are feeling depressed. I hope that you don’t mean that literally.  I think Lockdown is affecting the mindset of some of the posters on here. A couple of weeks ago people were saying we were going to piss this league, now we are certs for relegation. A more balanced look of the situation we are in is needed. 
Taking a more layed back view, if we do manage to get promoted the Bunleh fans will say it was because the other teams were adversely affected by Covid. If we end up mid table the supporters will blame a mixture of players missing through Covid, poor team/sub selection and Tony/Gallagher.  Finally, if we are relegated Tony will definitely blame Covid and that sometimes you have to take one step back(again) in order to take two forward, or possibly sideways.
As regards the Boro game, the good news is we’re not on the red button.  

How come no red button?

Over the last 3 years with TM we have had periods where we have gone on good runs for about 6 matches and then games without a win for 6 matches.

At this time, I just can't see us putting together a good run that takes us nearer to the top 6.

I would love to see Roy Keane watch and analyse half a dozen of our games and give us his opinion on the manager, the tactics and the players.

Rovers 1 Boro 3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Pears

Nyambe Lenihan Williams JRC

Holtby Trybull Rothwell

Elliott Brereton Dolan

Its a conundrum if Armstrong misses out but Gallagher has to play centrally for me, Brereton isnt a centre forward, that is for sure. He has absolutely no goalscoring instinct, he is always on his heels in the box never anticipating anything (Gallagher is hardly Gary Lineker but he will score a few goals at least and can win headers) and his attributes suit the wide role he now plays in.

58 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Stergiakis

Magloire  Wharton  Williams

Nyambe                                           JRC

Trybull

Elliott                      Holtby

Brereton  Gallagher

As much as I appreciate the want in an ideal world to drop Lenihan (although for me Williams is getting away free of warranted criticism) the risk outweighs the reward until Ayala returns, Magloire didnt look like he could head a ball last time he was in the team and a minimal spell in League 1 doesnt change that really.

• Like 1

Armstrongs injury is very minor but he will be rested tomorrow. Ayala and Kaminski have minor injuries that seem to drag on and on.

Downing wont be available either when we need him adding further question marks to the timing of the signing.

Tomorrows team line up is going to be a bomb scare and Boro will be licking their lips. The 12m duo need to finally step up and show what they are about. No ifs and buts.

Twelve out, and the most common prediction here is 0-1!? Good grief, Tony hasn’t been golden when he’s had a sound 11, why would we think it would only be 0-1 with 12 out? 

A season of promise, which quickly deteriorated into a hot mess. We cannot even depend on our new signings/loaners to give us any bump.

If Arma is out, we have no prayer of even getting a tie. My sunshine-pumping has an end to it, 

0-3. 

Stergiakis

Nyambe           Lenihan                   Wharton       Williams

Holtby                   Trybull

Elliott                              Rothwell                    Dolan

Gallagher

Subs: Pears, JRC, Evans, Davenport, Chapman, Brereton, Armstrong

Edited by Ewood Ace