BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Middlesbrough Tuesday 3rd November

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It was class, we were a great team. 

Take me back to 05-06, 6th place finish, beating Chelsea 1-0 at Ewood to secure European football (Sav's free kick that skimmed Reid's head and went in) unbelievable stuff.

Friedel, Nelsen, Neill, Gray, Zurab, Todd, Peds, Sav, Reid, Bentley, Bellamy, Dickov, Kuqi, Emerton, Tugay etc.

Cracking squad of players.

What a squad Hughes built for rovers. Add to that list samba, benni, RSC, ooijer, Dunny at his peak. 

Ahhh memories. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Thanks, LT says Bell, Douglas & Johnson all miss, & Kaminski to probably be out. 

This is really demoralizing, no real hope exists to get any points at all in the near future

I think we can win the next four games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Christ rigger, please share your grounds and thoughts for such optimism.

If not, where do you get the stuff from that you may be on and how much is it?

I have not stated we will win the games, But if you look at the games, Boro and QPR at home, Luton and Preston away. I think they are winnable. And as a bonus, then Barnsley at home. Could be five. 

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, Dolans immediate rawness and impact in his first few games seems to have tailed off slightly

Dolan's tailed off because he's no longer getting serious game time. He had one 6/10 game after a train of 8's and 9's and was immediately dropped. I don't blame the player for that personally.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I have not stated we will win the games, But if you look at the games, Boro and QPR at home, Luton and Preston away. I think they are winnable. And as a bonus, then Barnsley at home. Could be five. 

Yeh they are 'winnable' but.......

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

This from Wikipedia sums it up nicely....

During his spell in charge of Blackburn, Hughes' side was accused of being "over-physical" and "dirty" on multiple occasions[37][38][39] and the club finished bottom of the Premier League disciplinary table in all four of Hughes' seasons in charge.

No-one enjoyed playing us. We were good to watch, but were always fiery and aggressive. I enjoyed that style.

I think we need that. Tony & his nice boys image hasn’t translated into anything approaching tough, physical football, with a burning desire to win. 

Hughes apparently attracted that kind of player. Fights in locker rooms, that kind of stuff. Sounds like the shot in the arm we need. IF he could be coaxed back here; he might not be welcome, he threw us over for Cityzens, right? 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

i can see us getting a win against qpr,but boro,luton,barnsley  and preston are big physical sides who`ll brush us aside,got to dig in and match sides like those  before you can start playing football,we don`t have it in us to though

Tomorrow will be a tough game no doubt, especially without Armstrong added to all the other missing first teamers. A quick look on Boro's website suggests they have 3 or 4 unavailable from their squad, which is far more preferable to our 10 or 11.

In that context, a draw would be a good result. But we are still absolutely capable of a win against them despite that, and I find the pessimism on here - not just for this game but for the the season - quite unhealthy & dare I say worse than sitting next to my dad in the Riverside!!

I think the next two games are all about damage limitation before we get our better players back. I would snap your hand off now for 4 points from the next two games. 

To put into context, we have our best striker missing, our best playmaker, our best midfielder, our best defender, our best gk, and both of our left backs missing. I'm not sure any team could cope with that in any division.

I think it makes sense to not play Armstrong tomorrow night. We can't afford to lose him for a couple of months. Forget the pretty stuff tomorrow, play the ball forward quickly, pick up the second balls, and get lots of crosses into the box for Gallagher. 

• Like 1