BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v QPR Sat 7th November

Brereton excellent! Wharton good too but the difference was getting Johnson, Rothwell and Arma back in that team!

Add in Ayala, Holtby abd Douglas after the international break and we should have a good end to 2020....then don’t lose anyone and get Dack and Trav back in Jan and the charge is on! 

• Like 9

Just now, bluebruce said:

Won't stop a small handful criticising him, which frankly is starting to piss me off. I get having scapegoats of our worst players all the time, there's always a weak link in a side to be improved. But for a long time now there have consistently been a tiny bunch who slag off whoever our best player is. Rhodes, then Dack, now Armstrong. I know they're not beyond reproach, but some seem to expect them to be perfect.

Arma has 11 league goals and we are only a week into November. If he misses the odd chance or does something 'greedy' as someone said earlier, so fucking be it. He has more goals than 9 of the teams in this league have. None of our other players have more than 3 (and that's a central midfielder). He knows he is our best hope of goals so of course he is going to look to score as his first instinct.

Agreed. Criticise AA, then defend Gally...

• Like 1

Johnson being backs makes a big difference, with Travis out he is the only player we have in midfield who offers any physicality. Elliott is a classy footballer. Very pleased for Wharton as well I said it after Tuesday and I thought the same today, he looks like someone who enjoys defending.

Of our last 3 we have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1 which to me sums up where we are at the moment and where we have been for the last few years. A consistently inconsistent mid table team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Good result in the end

arma needs to tuck those 1 v 1s away first time, won’t get two bites at the cherry often. He isn’t very good at them 

Here we go...

Aguerro and Kane miss as many as Armstrong. 

He is the best striker outside of the Premier League. 

There are other targets for nit-picking, before AA. 

• Like 4

Great result and shows this squad can still provide a team good enough to match and better others. That what it is there for and why the excuses don't always wash.

Pleased for Brereton he's stepped up today, very welcome win in typical TM back to the wall fashion.  The wall being on here he obviously keeps an eye on it ?

Just now, garnersfags said:

Here we go...

Aguerro and Kane miss as many as Armstrong. 

He is the best striker outside of the Premier League. 

There are other targets for nit-picking, before AA. 

Clearly missing the point, armstrong has a horrendous record on 1v1s. If he is going to be a top striker which I hope he can be he needs to be tucking them away.

doesn’t matter today but in other games it will be the difference.

not taking away from the victory just something I have noticed in his game that he needs work on .

some folk need to get off their high horses 

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Brereton excellent! Wharton good too but the difference was getting Johnson, Rothwell and Arma back in that team!

Add in Ayala, Holtby abd Douglas after the international break and we should have a good end to 2020....then don’t lose anyone and get Dack and Trav back in Jan and the charge is on! 

True potentially but I don't think 'not losing anyone' is remotely on the cards. The last few weeks have shown that.

Whether it's the training, the intensity of the playing style, the innate injury proneness of the players, the covid, bad luck, or a combination, it's apparent we are going to have injuries throughout the season. You don't have 11 first team players out as a sheer fluke and go back to having nobody out once it calms down. The question is more about how many we will have, whether they're to key players, or build up in specific areas of the pitch, and whether we can cope with the knocks and setbacks along the way.

And of course whether we can start to consistently beat the defensive and organised sides that have been turning us over or getting draws.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

I think it was just a throwaway comment by one poster until you took them to task on it though? You've magnified the discussion of the thing you didn't want discussing.

The comment in question had no relevance to the quote it was replying to.  It wasn't a typical throwaway comment like the other ones to which I didn't say anything (there were a good few).  I hardly took them to task though, slight exaggeration.  Fair point on the magnifying the discussion bit which was obviously unintentional, I'm just wary as to how convos can go when things like politics are thrown into the mix and I just want a Rovers vs QPR topic to purely focus on that.

Either way, I don't really give a monkey's about the USA election and I am thoroughly delighted with the Rovers result.

Happy Saturday everyone.  Shame we can't be celebrating in the pub.

COYB.

• Like 1

3-1 flattered us but we certainly edged it. 1-0 would have been a fair result.

That said it’s just the result we needed before the break. Psychologically 12th looking up is a much better position to be in than 17th looking down.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

3-1 flattered us but we certainly edged it. 1-0 would have been a fair result.

That said it’s just the result we needed before the break. Psychologically 12th looking up is a much better position to be in than 17th looking down.

Disagree there. We should of been out of sight in the first half.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Every team in the league will say the same about keeping players fit and they can go on a run. It rarely happens in any season let alone in this condensed season with Covid around.

• Like 3

Played pretty well today, although rode our luck on a couple of occasions.

To my mind the injury to the useless Evans actually helped us no end. Wharton also looks to  me exactly what we need, a solid no nonsense defender who does the basics gets, gets his head on stuff when needed and isn't afraid to put the ball in row Z if necessary. Unfortunately he probably won't get a look in when everyone's fit.

Armstrong's a weird player, misses easy chances, scores more difficult ones and some of his play is really poor but his goal output has been phenomenal so far this season.

You can sort of tell what sort of afternoon we're going to have when you see the starting line up. Bar Holtby for Evans and Douglas for JRC I don't think that was far shy of our best starting line up today.

Rothwell the pick for me.

• Like 5