BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v QPR Sat 7th November

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

He could live off his Coldplay royalities though. He should only play for beer drinking money

Never the same after that Gwyneth chucked him though, busted flush as they say.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

For me too. His driving runs scare teams to death. Not many players have that in their locker. 

One of the most enjoyable / frustrating experiences of lockdown has been watching us on iFollow and listening to the opposition commentators shit themselves when Rothwell drives the ball from CM - then question when we inevitably sub him early. 

• Like 4

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

One of the most enjoyable / frustrating experiences of lockdown has been watching us on iFollow and listening to the opposition commentators shit themselves when Rothwell drives the ball from CM - then question when we inevitably sub him early. 

Exactly. Different type of player granted but that was what separated Gazza from the likes of Hoddle and Le Tiss. Really difficult to defend against without committing a foul. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Clearly missing the point, armstrong has a horrendous record on 1v1s. If he is going to be a top striker which I hope he can be he needs to be tucking them away.

doesn’t matter today but in other games it will be the difference.

not taking away from the victory just something I have noticed in his game that he needs work on .

some folk need to get off their high horses 

Andy Cole.

175 goals for Rovers, Newcastle and Man United alone.  229 goals in total. England International. Record British transfer. All round top class striker.

Dodgy at one on ones.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Just now, Hasta said:

Andy Cole.

175 goals for Rovers, Newcastle and Man United alone.  229 goals in total. England Intenrational. Record British transfer. All round top class striker.

Dodgy at one on ones.

I’ll give you another one who wasn’t the best when he had time to think about it - Simon Garner. Brilliant instinctive finisher but he was no Ian Rush.

• Like 4

Much needed win, feared the worst when it went 1-1. 

Pleased for Wharton, not sure he has the quality for this level but well done to him on stepping up as it won't be the last time we need him this season.

Good to be looking up the league but we really need to kick on after the break  the next 10 games are crucial.

Edited by LDRover

Just now, Hasta said:

Andy Cole.

175 goals for Rovers, Newcastle and Man United alone.  229 goals in total. England Intenrational. Record British transfer. All round top class striker.

Dodgy at one on ones.

best players i ever saw at one to ones were careca the brazilian and matt jansen,anyone remember his goal at bolton when he put their keeper on his backside and walked it into the net?

• Like 3

Just now, LDRover said:

Much needed win, feared the worst when it went 1-1. 

Pleased for Wharton, not sure he has the quality for this level but well done to him on stepping up as it won't be the last time we need him this season.

Good to be looking up the league but we really need to kick on after the break  the next 10 games are crucial.

Wharton looked no worse than Lenihan. 

A very welcome win and some encouraging performances today. Rothwell was my MOM for his aggressive runs but Johnson was very good too. He is benefiting from the intensive fitness programme at Brockhall. I thought Lenihan was back to his best form and Wharton looked very promising. Mowbray has compared him to O’Connell which is high praise. I don’t think anyone had a poor game against a decent QPR side.

• Like 3

A good much needed win today. I think I  someways shows how much the last few performances were affected by injuries and illnesses. 

Johnsons physicality was a welcome return. Kaminski gives more calm to the back line and his distribution is much quicker. 

Armstrong scores two and is the top scorer in the league. Yes he might waste a few but he gets in those positions and is scoring a goal a game so I think he deserves a lot of plaudits for that. 

Rothwell returning was also massive for us.he looked very sluggish midweek but I thought he was electric. Real drive, hard work and determination to go with his unquestioned ability. My man of the match today. We have really missed his energy, technique and driving runs 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

best players i ever saw at one to ones were careca the brazilian and matt jansen,anyone remember his goal at bolton when he put their keeper on his backside and walked it into the net?

Shearer for me. When he went one on one I was almost already celebrating. When he missed it came as a shock.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sensational stats. 

Dolan - 3 apps 2 goals. 

Dolan reminds me of the road runner at the moment, just without the running. Faces up ,a wherl of legs which confuses , then passes backwards. I like him but ... Pleased with the performance , arma worth 20 m plus and so important to our best way of playing , lost without him . Can't wait until dack is back add him to this , plus Travis and the new rothwell & Ben etc then we are really rolling. Future looks bright I just want it now 

• Like 1