BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v QPR Sat 7th November

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Did TK give this absolutely superb BJ during the game?

I know he only had 4 saves to make but doing that between saves is really disrespecting the opposition. And what about the social distancing rules? No wonder covid is spreading through the camp if this is what we get up to...

Wow, that’s really....blue language, bluebruce ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Cole was a class striker Souness played a blinder getting him here and we paid 8 million for him and probably about 30 grand per week, massive fee and money back then.  So to say he wouldn't have ended up at Blackburn if he was class is a bit wide of the mark. It obviously made sense to him beyond football reasons as well.

The competition in terms of good English strikers was quite high then and he was an out and out poacher type.  As we know you have to tailor your game to them.

The term top class was mentioned. Top class goes to a juve, Barca, Madrid type team. Good goes to a Blackburn team outside the top 6. No disrespect to him, he had a great career with silverware I just don’t think he was top class. We had that with Shearer and there is a massive difference. Just because we pay 8 mill and a decent wage doesn’t mean that we are buying top class *cough* Sam gallagher 

4 hours ago, J*B said:

I’d just like to take this moment to admire the technique shown by Kaminski on that left hand. Not often you see that level of punch without a pay per view. 

?. It was so good, the bloke fell to the floor holding his shin!!

The guy's had a lucky escape - just ask one of TK's ex team mates! ?

• Like 1

A welcome though not totally convincing win.

Rothwell and Brereton very good - IMO, Mowbray needs to understand that you have to give players a fair run at it;  I think he's p1ssed about with Rothwell and Brereton for two years now and held back their development / potential.

Think Mowbray needs to be brave and axe Lenihan when Ayala is fit and stick with Wharton - same comment as Rothwell and Brereton, the lad needs a fair run to show just what he can do.

Armstrong continues to notch and, IMO, miss too many which is not a luxury a PL forward can be afforded and it might just hold him back from PL level.

IMO, Evans is a liability and needs to go in Jan..  We can't afford players who are injury prone.  We need players who are almost guaranteed to be available for 90% of your games.  If you look at Evan's record since joining Rovers, I would think he's been unavailable for some 40% of games.  It's not as though he's a stand out performer or game changer.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, bluebruce said:

True potentially but I don't think 'not losing anyone' is remotely on the cards. The last few weeks have shown that.

Whether it's the training, the intensity of the playing style, the innate injury proneness of the players, the covid, bad luck, or a combination, it's apparent we are going to have injuries throughout the season. You don't have 11 first team players out as a sheer fluke and go back to having nobody out once it calms down. The question is more about how many we will have, whether they're to key players, or build up in specific areas of the pitch, and whether we can cope with the knocks and setbacks along the way.

And of course whether we can start to consistently beat the defensive and organised sides that have been turning us over or getting draws.

I meant not selling any of our stars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Armstrong continues to notch and, IMO, miss too many which is not a luxury a PL forward can be afforded and it might just hold him back from PL level.

I thought you were being a bit over critical at first, but this would suggest he's had more than twice as many shots as almost everyone in the division:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

He could be closer to 20 goals already if he was as clinical as some of the other strikers in this division ?

7 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

The term top class was mentioned. Top class goes to a juve, Barca, Madrid type team. Good goes to a Blackburn team outside the top 6. No disrespect to him, he had a great career with silverware I just don’t think he was top class. We had that with Shearer and there is a massive difference. Just because we pay 8 mill and a decent wage doesn’t mean that we are buying top class *cough* Sam gallagher 

That Gallagher one is a wild comparison though and maybe world class would've been a better term for the previous point.

Definitely not that but as far as English strikers go Cole had proven himself top class for a number of years. You might not end up at little old Blackburn post Jack if you're a worldie but you wouldn't have been one of Man Us main strikers for a number of years if you weren't Top Class either.

You pay for what you get if you know what you are doing. We got what we paid for. Fergie was a ruthless manager not much of the sentimental stuff there. When they were around 30 ish he usually moved them on.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Its absolutely no coincidence that Elliott on Tuesday, with quite frankly less able team mates around him, was poor.

With Rothwell, Brereton, Armstrong and to an extent Johnson round him he looked a class act. Its easy to forget this lad usually trains with the likes of Sadio Mane etc.

We must hope and pray Armstrong stays fit now, throw Dack in the mix and something pretty special is possible.

I think you would have to throw a better manager than Mowbray in there as well sadly. Another opportunity is going to be missed. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mercer said:
2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Its absolutely no coincidence that Elliott on Tuesday, with quite frankly less able team mates around him, was poor.

With Rothwell, Brereton, Armstrong and to an extent Johnson round him he looked a class act. Its easy to forget this lad usually trains with the likes of Sadio Mane etc.

Always be the case with the ability of Elliot & Rothwell. They’re very similar players so are an absolute unit when playing together. These kind of player shine when they play along side quality. Palmer is another example...I remember people slating Palmer & Rothwell, when they were put along side Smallwood or Evans. (I’ll say no more) Palmers better games for us when he played with Rothwell, Bolton away, West Brom away etc. 

Armstrong has goals which is great but there’s something about him which I have to pick on. 0-0 against a good side and he’s one on one with the keeper he will miss more times than score. Has to be more clinical in the bigger games ( example Watford) he missed 3 sitters. However I hope he keeps scoring as his price tag will rocket up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Good to see him come on ahead of Tybrull too, as it should be.

Tybrull will be a great asset for us this year, but still, we got to develop and trust Buckley he’s here next season.

Trybull not 100%, the only reason he didn’t come on for Evans ahead of Buckley. That’s the facts for sure

15 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

They are terrible and I'm sure that one of them said today or though I could have misheard that they thought the penalty was given for handball by Kaminski.

No. No they didn’t say that.

When we can’t moan about the players, we can’t moan about the result, we can’t moan about Mowbray, AND we can’t moan about the election results, let’s moan about something really insignificant like iFollow commentary - who, given the fact that they don’t receive replays in the stadium like we do at home, do a fine job.

One of them is a PR/Media guy who steps in to do a job, the other is a pretty decent play by play commentator. Sure they call a few things wrong, but we all would without the benefit of a replay. The amount of times I watch something once and think “easily our ball” and then see it back and admit it wasn’t is uncountable. 

Just now, JoeH said:

No. No they didn’t say that.

When we can’t moan about the players, we can’t moan about the result, we can’t moan about Mowbray, AND we can’t moan about the election results, let’s moan about something really insignificant like iFollow commentary - who, given the fact that they don’t receive replays in the stadium like we do at home, do a fine job.

One of them is a PR/Media guy who steps in to do a job, the other is a pretty decent play by play commentator. Sure they call a few things wrong, but we all would without the benefit of a replay. The amount of times I watch something once and think “easily our ball” and then see it back and admit it wasn’t is uncountable. 

If I spend my £10 on the coverage of the game then I am perfectly entitled to give my opinion on the coverage and the commentary is in my opinion very poor other than that I think the coverage is very good.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

Good Rovers man is Neil Yardley, and I think a decent commentator, but the website writer adds nothing and often drags Neil down to his level. 

So unless they get a player in an odd time to co-commentate, like they have with Armstrong or Dack, let Neil just do it on his own.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

We must hope and pray Armstrong stays fit now, throw Dack in the mix and something pretty special is possible.

V. true, and I think you can say that about quite a few of our attacking players. Rothwell is certainly a player who comes to life when he has other creative players around him.

Looking back to last season, even someone with the experience and quality of Downing was a completely different player when he wasn't our sole creative midfielder. One of the reasons I'm not against re-signing him is that this season he'll be playing alongside Elliot and Rothwell/Hotlby instead of the likes of Samuel

QPR were ideal opposition after our poor run. A bit of a nothing team under Warburton, a 'nice' team to play against. 

It helped that they kept a high line - defensive suicide against a player of AA's pace and quality. He had half of Ewood to run into. That pass from Elliot though was sublime. 

Hopefully now get players back and fit for the run in to Christmas. 13 more games before NYD, and 8 in December alone. Crazy. 

Lets see how we do when teams come to defend again and sit deep. Dack will hopefully be a big help overcoming that with his ability to find space in the box. We can't rely on AA all season. 

The jury is still out. It could be top 6 or bottom 6. Most likely still mid-table. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

V. true, and I think you can say that about quite a few of our attacking players. Rothwell is certainly a player who comes to life when he has other creative players around him.

Looking back to last season, even someone with the experience and quality of Downing was a completely different player when he wasn't our sole creative midfielder. One of the reasons I'm not against re-signing him is that this season he'll be playing alongside Elliot and Rothwell/Hotlby instead of the likes of Samuel

Samuel scored two yesterday for his new club incidentally. Magloire was in a losing Hartlepool side, they lost 2-0 aet.

• Like 1