BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town v Rovers Sat 21st Nov. 3pm

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Worst I’ve seen us play. Sure the ref was piss poor and those two decisions at the end genuinely mind blowing. But that performance was pretty abject....said it before, if Mowbray was ever going to lose his job, it’s this season!

We need to win three on the bounce soon to get us back in the running.

Think we missed Holtby today.

Tony will never be more than a mid table guy. He is far to negative, and plays to many players out of position.

Just now, bazza said:

I listened to Radio Lancs, 95.5 fm. Two excellent commentators who thought Rovers played well and were unfortunate not to win.

Who were they? The chap with the cockney accent was full of praise for us.

I thought Rovers were crap for the most part. A few bright spells in a dull game. As usual lots of possession but overall best forgotten.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mustard said:

He didn't deserve a yellow for the supposed dive, which is what it was for I imagine.  If it was just no foul given, and he reacted like that, would probably still be yellow but he couldn't be blamed for being angry and in that refs face.  Utter joke.

Quite honestly, I was willing him to punch the ref in the face, and I'm not sure I'd have had the restraint to not do if it were me. There's bad decisions going against you, and then there's two like that in a matter of what, a couple of minutes, at the death in a tightly poised game.

It felt very much intentional after a whole game of giving Luton nearly everything, never booking them, and booking us repeatedly, plus barely giving BB a sniff on the fouls. I know he goes over easily, it's part of his game. I think the ref knew that and was trying to avoid giving him anything, but that's not how you manage it, you just read the fouls better. He was assuming it was a dive every time, and it wasn't.

• Like 3

Just now, bluebruce said:

It felt very much intentional after a whole game of giving Luton nearly everything, never booking them, and booking us repeatedly, plus barely giving BB a sniff on the fouls. I know he goes over easily, it's part of his game. I think the ref knew that and was trying to avoid giving him anything, but that's not how you manage it, you just read the fouls better. He was assuming it was a dive every time, and it wasn't.

Exactly. In the first half, their player prevented Trybull from breaking away. No yellow. The next moment, Rothwell does the same. Yellow.

Shite refereeing all day long.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t suppose you can moan about a point away from home but we are going to have to raise our game another 50% against pne,they are a far better side than luton and i doubt we can match them after our exertions today,unless tony has some master plan up his sleeve

Tony hasn't got any plan, never mind a master plan.

• Moderation Lead

Strange one today. Before that goal we conceded, we were holding our own and it looked like it was going for a 0-0 all day long.

Then, we elect not to stop a cross for some reason, then the crosser falls over while crossing, which I didn’t think could possibly lead to a goal, sadly, it did.

Fair play to the lads for getting right back into it not long after though. Some horrendous refereeing at the death and I’m not surprised Brereton got in the ref’s face, that decision to book him for diving was an absolute disgrace.

Frustrating overall, just glad we didn’t lose!

• Like 3

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

And Mowbray will still be here talking about how when everyone is fit, we will have a competitive team.

And how we are slowly progressing. 

Was talking today with my Dad about Hughes time at Rovers. 1 season to keep us up, one to make us a prospect and a top half team, a third to get us challenging for Europe. 

In contrast our progress under TM is glacial.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

So I googled the ref and his name is Darren Bond and he comes from a "footballing family" and was born in Lancashire. 

Now if that isn't the start of a football conspiracy theory I don't know what is 

Also was the referee when we lost to Luton 3-2 last season

That's what I thought initially as well, but the ref was actually Gavin Ward not Darren Bond.

It's getting near to crunch time for this season. Have to go on a run now as we are currently underperforming for the squad we have and need to get in the mix quickly or the season will peter out.

One big worry for me is our playing identity, we've regressed back to the slow possession football that generally gets us nowhere. Our best results are when we press high and move the ball quickly and our players are best suited to this yet was kicked to the kerb today against a mediocre Luton side.

We're plodding along and it isn't good enough. Mowbray needs to feel some heat but the current situation means he can muddle on without reproach.

• Like 3

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Who do you suggest ?

If you are referring to us only signing managers from one agency I agree you have a point in that it's difficult to replace him. 

If you are suggesting that there aren't better managers a club of our calibre could appoint, then I would suggest you are highly mistaken. In the time TM has been floundering, Rowett, Houghton and Warnock have all got jobs with clubs no bigger than ours. (Maybe Forest, but surely historically only.) I'm not sure who is currently out of work, but even that is a fallacy connected with Rovers - there's a school of thought you can try and get managers who are in other roles. 

TM isn't the pinnacle of managers by any means. And if people think he is, they should be calling for Vebkys to clear off for making that the case.   

• Like 3

Just now, K-Hod said:

Strange one today. Before that goal we conceded, we were holding our own and it looked like it was going for a 0-0 all day long.

Then, we elect not to stop a cross for some reason, then the crosser falls over while crossing, which I didn’t think could possibly lead to a goal, sadly, it did.

The reason, and I was ranting at the screen about it before the cross came in, was that Douglas went chasing the potential pass out wide, leaving the guy who was already more central to have all the time and space in the world. I would call it amateurish, but most semi-pros and a lot of amateurs certainly wouldn't do it. I wouldn't, and I never got paid a penny to play football.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue blood said:

If you are referring to us only signing managers from one agency I agree you have a point in that it's difficult to replace him. 

If you are suggesting that there aren't better managers a club of our calibre could appoint, then I would suggest you are highly mistaken. In the time TM has been floundering, Rowett, Houghton and Warnock have all got jobs with clubs no bigger than ours. (Maybe Forest, but surely historically only.) I'm not sure who is currently out of work, but even that is a fallacy connected with Rovers - there's a school of thought you can try and get managers who are in other roles. 

TM isn't the pinnacle of managers by any means. And if people think he is, they should be calling for Vebkys to clear off for making that the case.   

Don’t get sucked in to naming names. To the believers no other human being will be as good as saint Tony. But the LET tells us the Venkys are great so theoretically there’s no issue with them selecting a better manager. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blue blood said:

Good post. Even the league table would suggest that there are 13 managers better than the one we have. Last season 10 managers.

In any case we were poor today with a decent team out on the pitch. The referee was terrible but that shouldn't take anything away from the fact the team looked like they were going through the motions for the majority of the match.

• Like 1