BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nobbers v Rovers, Tues 24 Nov 7.45pm

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Holtby is at the centre of everything good we do. We are no where near the same team when he’s not playing. Massive asset to have him at the club.

Agreed, played where he is now.

When you see him this season it makes it fairly baffling why the manager wasted him out of position (Harrison Reed like) out wide last season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very good performance tonight.

Think it's only the manager that can hold us back, it's pretty clear we shouldn't be playing the likes of Evans and Bennett and you can also only play one of Johnson or Trybull at the same time, and JRC isn't even in the same league as Nyambe at RB.

Holtby is absolutely key for us. Brereton was great, surprisingly Gallagher was ok. Wharton is looking incredibly impressive, does what it says on the tin, nothing fancy, just solid no frills defending.

Dolan's cameo was sensational, never seen anything like the turn and dummy which sent the Preston player off into the car park for a burger and him in the other direction clear into the area.

Great night, just need to be way more consistent.

Pretty much sums it all up for me - need to add caveat though, PNE were an embarrassing mess.

Expect us to routinely dispatch Barnsley and Millwall next.

Then we have Brentford and Bristol City away followed by Norwich at home.  A minimum of 5 points from those three games and I might just dare to dream.

2 minutes ago, bboy said:

The Key to us playing well or not seems to be us playing 1 CDM or 2.

When we play 1 we boss it when we play 2 eg. Johnson and Trybull or Evans and Johnson etc we don't perform.

Rothwell and Holtby together with a CDM is absoloutly perfect.

I really hope TM realises this. Before April...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Pretty much sums it all up for me - need to add caveat though, PNE were an embarrassing mess.

Then we have Brentford and Bristol City away followed by Norwich at home.  A minimum of 5 points from those three games and I might just dare to dream.

Gets even better. 

I hear we are signing that Lewis Travis and superstar Bradley Dack to help with the new year push.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Would be interested to know how many touches Kaminski had in the second half!

So pleased with Brereton steadily chipping in now, any doubts in his own mind should be at ease now which is important and also Dolan scoring again after a quieter spell and a difficult time shows he’s here to stay as well!

• Like 2

We have a fantastic squad of players now. We should be able to keep up the good work in spite of injuries and covid. 3 points per game please Tony.

Wharton looks terrific. He must keep his place.

Agree that Trybull OR Johnson as DMF; not both. 

Kaminski must keep fit.

I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Dont kid yourself into thinking Barnsley and Millwall will be easy games, Barnsley are no mugs and does a team ever routinely dispatch Millwall? No easy games in this league, but if we beat both of them I will be daring to dream, especially with Travis and Dack still to come back into the side.

• Like 9

Just now, only2garners said:

If anyone has a spare few minutes can I suggest a little look at pne-online’s game thread. There are many pearlers on there but as an example on 68 minutes - “Dolan’s coming on, cue meltdown on this board if he scores.” 8 minutes later........

A personal fave:-

As I have just been reminded by my Rovers colleagues, Blackburn have scored more goals at Deepdale this season than North End !!!! That is alarming to say the least .

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You're getting slightly carried away there, "routinely dispatching" easier looking opposition after seemingly building up a bit of momentum isn't really something we've managed in the Championship under Mowbray before. 

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

You're getting slightly carried away there, "routinely dispatching" easier looking opposition after seemingly building up a bit of momentum isn't really something we've managed in the Championship under Mowbray before. 

If we are serious about promotion, we HAVE to be 'routinely dispatching' the likes of Barnsley and Millwall at home.  If we are incapable of that then we are not really at the races.

You too will remember those first three years in the PL under Kenny, we all went to Ewood not in the hope of winning but in expectation of winning and rarely were we disappointed.

Just now, Mercer said:

If we are serious about promotion, we HAVE to be 'routinely dispatching' the likes of Barnsley and Millwall at home.  If we are incapable of that then we are not really at the races.

You too will remember those first three years in the PL under Kenny, we all went to Ewood not in the hope of winning but in expectation of winning and rarely were we disappointed.

Agreed, but having been let down so many times over the last two and a bit seasons I'll only believe it when I see it.