BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

LT stated that implementing a re-engagement plan was currently difficult given the current constraints on players’ ability to engage with fans.’

Sorry, what? There’s many more ways to try and re-engage a fanbase than a few autograph signing afternoons in the club shop. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

So going off that Waggot is looking into several things again and will no doubt still be looking into them by the next meeting. Fans seem more concerned about getting a pint at games than real answers.

And nothing in there hasn't already been said previously in the LT etc.

Also has the guy who turned up trumpeting about the training ground sell off cried off again already ?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

LT stated that implementing a re-engagement plan was currently difficult given the current constraints on players’ ability to engage with fans.’

Sorry, what? There’s many more ways to try and re-engage a fanbase than a few autograph signing afternoons in the club shop. 

It's not the players who need to re-engage

This was a reasonable question.

PB expressed concern about the club’s pricing policy for individual games and particularly the prices against West Brom. He felt that a price of £25 would have more than paid for itself in increased total income.

This was a bullshit answer which frankly is not an answer.

SW stated that it had been decided to keep away fans in the lower tier of the Darwen End after the West Brom game. He accepted that this helped create a better atmosphere inside the ground and it did avoid having disabled fans split for others.
That sums up Waggott for me. He can't answer a basic question which was essentially that the club could have made more money by being sensible. But being sensible went out of the window a long timrago.

FOW.

• Like 6

Not only is Waggott completely incompetent, he can’t even be arsed any more. He’s not the only one either. Those are some of the laziest responses I could ever have imagined. The one about re-engagement shows a complete and utter lack of understanding of the current reality. I despair.

90C96663-9B27-47CA-AA4F-5E82D64C231E.jpeg.d0e5d30e8e665f80554230b85fa3bcbc.jpeg

Nope. You have rectified the problem of broken speakers by turning them off and turning up the volume of the other speakers around it. Lazy, quick fix. 

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

PB expressed concern about the club’s pricing policy for individual games and particularly the prices against West Brom. He felt that a price of £25 would have more than paid for itself in increased total income.

SW stated that it had been decided to keep away fans in the lower tier of the Darwen End after the West Brom game. He accepted that this helped create a better atmosphere inside the ground and it did avoid having disabled fans split for others.
That sums up Waggott for me. He can't answer a basic question which was essentially that the club could have made more money by being sensible. But being sensible went out of the window a long timrago.

FOW.

To try and get an understanding of that reply it prompted me to read the minutes in full.

Basically Waggott gave a reply that had no bearing at all to the points raised. That's why I read the minutes as it seemed inconceivable that Waggott could ignore the query and spout nonsense without rebuke. He seems he did. Stunning that the FF let him off so easy.

Indeed the majority of Club responses were dismissive of the points raised. That is what I expected and the reason I no longer usually read the minutes. A waste of time.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

To me the FF is stuck in a 2000s era comfort zone in which back then the most pressing issue at such a well run club really was stuff as prosaic as pints, speakers etc, it was a co-operative environment shared with top class executives like John Williams and Tom Finn.

Fast forward twenty years and just isn’t a forum that will hold the likes of Waggott to account when the issues facing the club are so much more critical, and perhaps even existential.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Not only is Waggott completely incompetent, he can’t even be arsed any more. He’s not the only one either. Those are some of the laziest responses I could ever have imagined. The one about re-engagement shows a complete and utter lack of understanding of the current reality. I despair.

90C96663-9B27-47CA-AA4F-5E82D64C231E.jpeg.d0e5d30e8e665f80554230b85fa3bcbc.jpeg

Nope. You have rectified the problem of broken speakers by turning them off and turning up the volume of the other speakers around it. Lazy, quick fix. 

That's the first thing i thought reading them the can't be arsed attitude shine through. Scripted replies that are just that, replies they aren't answers.

This guy needs booting as far up the road as possible before he does anymore damage. 

I presume these mins are heavily edited because if not what a pointless nodding exercise it comes across as.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I mentioned this before, but it there are any questions people want me to ask, slide into my DMs before the next meeting and I’ll raise them. I don’t just go there to drink water and eat boiled sweets, if you’ve an issue, it’s my job to raise it.

• Like 1

Ah the old 'doesn't want to move up North' excuse.

A classic Rovers one that. An issue that doesn't seem to affect any other club in this region who can recruit from all over the world and attract players from here to Timbuktu yet a lad desperate to progress his career won't move from Southampton to the glamour of Manchester/Cheshire near the superstars of City/United/Liverpool, yet is happy to move to a corner of South Wales.

Talk about going through the motions and fobbing people off.

Gets asked a simple question and can't even come out with some sort of coherent response and instead just answers an altogether different question.

A few of his 'will look into it'.

Ridiculous that we have done a deal with a new kit manufacturer, released 3 very nice and popular kits and then have no stock to sell. Of course blame the pandemic, amazing that hasn't prevented anyone else getting them on sale and hasn't stopped Accy Stanley getting hold of their thousands to give away to kids.

No intention of doing anything. Coasting along, taking home a kings ransom and I'm starting to think he's laughing at us now.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I mentioned this before, but it there are any questions people want me to ask, slide into my DMs before the next meeting and I’ll raise them. I don’t just go there to drink water and eat boiled sweets, if you’ve an issue, it’s my job to raise it.

Whst was said about Ash Phillips?Waggot saying he had signed a long term deal?He isn't of age to do that yet.

52 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

To try and get an understanding of that reply it prompted me to read the minutes in full.

Basically Waggott gave a reply that had no bearing at all to the points raised. That's why I read the minutes as it seemed inconceivable that Waggott could ignore the query and spout nonsense without rebuke. He seems he did. Stunning that the FF let him off so easy.

Indeed the majority of Club responses were dismissive of the points raised. That is what I expected and the reason I no longer usually read the minutes. A waste of time.

It's a bit like PMQ's when Johnson just doesn't answer questions but blathers on about something he thinks has done well. Parliament protocol forbids anybody pushing him too hard for answers but this is the Fans Forum where he should be held accountable and made to answer questions.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It is not so much the asking of questions. It is the lack of constructive answers, that seem not to be re-questioned

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

FOW.

I read it as someone (PB)  just making a statement to which Wagott did not respond, or if he did it wasn't minuted. 

Pathetic.

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is not so much the asking of questions. It is the lack of constructive answers, that seem not to be re-questioned

Indeed. Pointless exercise if they dodge any question they don't like. 

Mind you its consistent they dodge them - no accountability anywhere in the club. 

• Like 1

Fans forum needs an overhaul, i would be removing long standing people like who attend but would never look to push back at the club etc the forum should be a critical friend as a fan base we need the trust to step and have another couple of fan groups who can attend. It should be a constructive forum to re engage fans and for the club to listen. 

This one baffled me surely we want it to be busy

JL stated that a number of fans had expressed concern about certain parts of the ground being quite crowded and they felt uncomfortable. SW replied that any fan could move to a quieter part of whatever stand they sat in if they wished to. It was also possible to offer season tickets in quieter parts of the ground for anyone concerned about crowding.

The idea that they need the players to be able to attempt any engagement initiatives with the support offers a glimpse into just how off the pace they are and how short they are on ideas.

They really think engagement just needs them to arrange for a player or two to meet with fans or pop into a local primary school and that's all there is to it.

No idea as to the enormous sustained effort the whole club needs to embark upon and sustain for years to come to engage or re-engage people and get them back to Ewood. One look at Accy Stanley will show the sort of thing that needs to happen - ticketing, commercial, matchday, initiatives to get people in. This regime - unwilling or unable to make the effort needed and clueless as well - think all they need to do is arrange for a couple of players to sign shirts in the club shop. Embarrassing.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 4