BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

1 hour ago, rigger said:

How can he have signed a long term legal agreement when he is under 17 ? It would not be worth the paper it is written on, If a better offer came in. 

Cos I believe you can agree the contract now and then it comes in force when 17 years old. Like pre contract agreement 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

This was a reasonable question.

PB expressed concern about the club’s pricing policy for individual games and particularly the prices against West Brom. He felt that a price of £25 would have more than paid for itself in increased total income.

This was a bullshit answer which frankly is not an answer.

SW stated that it had been decided to keep away fans in the lower tier of the Darwen End after the West Brom game. He accepted that this helped create a better atmosphere inside the ground and it did avoid having disabled fans split for others.
That sums up Waggott for me. He can't answer a basic question which was essentially that the club could have made more money by being sensible. But being sensible went out of the window a long timrago.

FOW.

@K-Hod surely this wasn't the answer to the above question? Did anyone press him further on the ticket price issue?

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

@K-Hod surely this wasn't the answer to the above question? Did anyone press him further on the ticket price issue?

I mentioned it and another forum member had remarked that it was £40 at Leeds the other year on Boxing Day.

I did explain to Mr Waggott that Leeds is a city and they have a massive catchment area, so the fan bases can’t be compared.

He basically admitted that he prices the tickets to get the most out of the away fans tbh. I wasn’t sure what else I could say in response to that tbh. Other forum members interjected that prices are too high, especially for the area and with Covid. Whether anything is done about it, is another matter, but he certainly knows fans are not happy with the ticket prices….

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I mentioned this before, but it there are any questions people want me to ask, slide into my DMs before the next meeting and I’ll raise them. I don’t just go there to drink water and eat boiled sweets, if you’ve an issue, it’s my job to raise it.

I'll get you some boiled sweets if you promise to launch them in his direction every answer swerved.

2 kg should do it.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
58 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A vanishing post! How odd…

Ha when I said Swag wouldn’t be happy with his actual views appearing on here, I didn’t realise, FF minutes style, brfcs was also censoring what really gets said!

You put me into a panic, what can I say?!

I’ve unhidden it, I’ve nowt to hide….

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

He basically admitted that he prices the tickets to get the most out of the away fans tbh. 

And for that reason alone he should have been sent down the road long ago with a size 10 up his ample derriere.

It's his job to fill the stadium with home fans on a long term sustainable basis.

Not scare them off by chasing one off gains from away fans.

• Like 2

A      He's got to cover for falling crowds year on year under his watch.

B      He's got to cover his own salary and find ways to justify his presence.

The guy is faffing about with ticket prices and other surcharges here and there to fund his own wages. Then when it comes to getting players to join on contract he appears to be useless.

Talking to India - Player didn't want to come North ( pretty sure you'd have known that at the beginning )

Fans not coming back because of covid  -  a half, nah quarter truth at best.

Edited by tomphil

5 hours ago, 47er said:

Um! Hardly convincing. Naive?

Just passing on what was said.As others have said the word of Phillips or his representatives isn't binding until pen is put to paper.If a big club are offering a lot more financial security then it's a battle we may not win, no telling what situation Rovers could be in by the time he is 17 if the club continues to be mismanaged as it is currently

Find it a bit ridiculous I'm seeing quotes in the paper from the Manager every single day about Phillips (unless these quotes are from 1 interview and the paper is using it to fill space), the latest he could be worth 20 or 30 Millon in a few years he could well but just as likely he could drift to the lower leagues like many highly rated young players before him 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Just passing on what was said.As others have said the word of Phillips or his representatives isn't binding until pen is put to paper.If a big club are offering a lot more financial security then it's a battle we may not win, no telling what situation Rovers could be in by the time he is 17 if the club continues to be mismanaged as it is currently

Find it a bit ridiculous I'm seeing quotes in the paper from the Manager every single day about Phillips (unless these quotes are from 1 interview and the paper is using it to fill space), the latest he could be worth 20 or 30 Millon in a few years he could well but just as likely he could drift to the lower leagues like many highly rated young players before him 

There's a reason it keeps getting mentioned. Its a sideshow. Makes up for the lack of signings and situation with senior players out of contract soon.

As has become the case under this regime an inability to get business done with senior players sees the focus turn onto getting much cheaper and easier deals done for kids.

Since when did the manager and CEO make such a fuss about a 16 year old agreeing terms? Never happens.

Even if Phillips is in some way committed to the club (I can't see how he has done anything other than shook hands) let's get some perspective. Good news yes, a bright prospect yes, but just look at the squad and the state it will be in soon.

No amount of pre contract agreements with 16 year olds will make up for that

P.s no mention of Lenihan's new contract that Waggott claimed previously he was days away from signing? Surprise surprise - he's a con man and I wouldn’t believe a word he comes out with when on the spot with supporters.

• Like 7