BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Just passing on what was said.As others have said the word of Phillips or his representatives isn't binding until pen is put to paper.If a big club are offering a lot more financial security then it's a battle we may not win, no telling what situation Rovers could be in by the time he is 17 if the club continues to be mismanaged as it is currently

Find it a bit ridiculous I'm seeing quotes in the paper from the Manager every single day about Phillips (unless these quotes are from 1 interview and the paper is using it to fill space), the latest he could be worth 20 or 30 Millon in a few years he could well but just as likely he could drift to the lower leagues like many highly rated young players before him 

Agree, going on and on about him at this stage when he isn't even tied to us is ridiculous or worse. 

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

There's a reason it keeps getting mentioned. Its a sideshow. Makes up for the lack of signings and situation with senior players out of contract soon.

As has become the case under this regime an inability to get business done with senior players sees the focus turn onto getting much cheaper and easier deals done for kids.

Since when did the manager and CEO make such a fuss about a 16 year old agreeing terms? Never happens.

Even if Phillips is in some way committed to the club (I can't see how he has done anything other than shook hands) let's get some perspective. Good news yes, a bright prospect yes, but just look at the squad and the state it will be in soon.

No amount of pre contract agreements with 16 year olds will make up for that

P.s no mention of Lenihan's new contract that Waggott claimed previously he was days away from signing? Surprise surprise - he's a con man and I wouldn’t believe a word he comes out with when on the spot with supporters.

Spot on.

And unless I'm reading it wrong it's incorrect and misleading to say a deal has been done with this lad anyway as until pen is put to paper an agreement in principle to sign means nothing.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

There's a reason it keeps getting mentioned. Its a sideshow. Makes up for the lack of signings and situation with senior players out of contract soon.

Or maybe he is going to be top prospect for the future and club are very exciting to have such a good player as prospect. 

Have you seen him play yet?

lack of signings? didn't we make signings apart from a main striker in the summer window? 

We have offered these players new terms so lets see what happens in the future

The only thing the club has done right for years.... those new shirts....

Can I nip down for one before the train to Barnsley ?

Oh wait...we don't sell our own shirts.

Are we the only club in this crazy situation or are there more?

Suppose they will sell out the "end of Sept ish" allocation and the next lot will be due from China in January. Bad Santa.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or maybe he is going to be top prospect for the future and club are very exciting to have such a good player as prospect. 

Have you seen him play yet?

lack of signings? didn't we make signings apart from a main striker in the summer window? 

We have offered these players new terms so lets see what happens in the future

Yes I have seen him play and you'll notice I accepted it is good news IF he is committing to the club. My point was that it is not normal for the CEO of a club to make such a point about the signing or otherwise of a 16 year old especially one who cannot be committed to the club and we might end up looking silly at that announcement.

I don't count a raft of loans as signings.

We've been talking about new terms for over a year and nobody bar the academy products on small money have committed. Something is wrong.

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes I have seen him play and you'll notice I accepted it is good news IF he is committing to the club. My point was that it is not normal for the CEO of a club to make such a point about the signing or otherwise of a 16 year old especially one who cannot be committed to the club and we might end up looking silly at that announcement.

Why shouldn't the club be exciting by the prospect of Ashley Philips? 

If the club and Philips have agree a contract and thats will be legal bound. 

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don't count a raft of loans as signings.

Loans are signings. simple as 

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We've been talking about new terms for over a year and nobody bar the academy products on small money have committed. Something is wrong.

well Dack agreed a new contract in the past year which you miss out. 

I would say signing up players like Buckley, JRC, Wharton, Carter is important for the future and keeping them here is what I want to see. 

I think Rothwell hasn't sign a new contract possible one of the reason could be over his playing position, and he wants to play centre midfield for an example

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The only thing the club has done right for years.... those new shirts....

Can I nip down for one before the train to Barnsley ?

Oh wait...we don't sell our own shirts.

Are we the only club in this crazy situation or are there more?

Suppose they will sell out the "end of Sept ish" allocation and the next lot will be due from China in January. Bad Santa.

Is the fault of Macron and their supply chain? 

maybe they should open a couple of factory in the Europe and start making them here and not China?

• 1 month later...

@only2garners @K-Hod please would you again be able to flag up the piss poor service on the concourses at the moment which was brought up at the last forum I believe and typically of him, Waggott seems to have done nothing.

I went down 5 minutes before half time last night straight into a queue for a much needed beer, and at the point of the second half kicking off, I was 5 or 6 places away from the front of the queue still, which is pathetic. Every single person who joined the queue after me had given up and at that point I did too, in one queue of one concourse, that might be £100 down the drain so god knows how much money the club is failing to bring in by willing members of a skeletal attendance to begin with.

Surely they have to look at pre pouring drinks, the people serving are painfully slow but I am unsure if that element of it can be improved. If Waggott is worried that some people will not be content with pre poured drinks, maybe have some queues for pre poured, and some (which will invariably be longer although somewhat reduced) being poured on demand. Last night was the second half time of the season that I have gone for a pint and the second time that I have had no choice but to give up.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Where I sit, in the JW Upper BBE side, for at least the past 4 games one of the three refreshment bars has been shut.

Last night, they'd run out of pies before half time at the main bar.

It's an absolute farce. They can't even get this right.

I was JW upper, Darwen end side, they nearly ran out of beer, there were no crisps or chocolate and they had minimal pies/hot dogs and at half time a relatively small queue, took them about 25 mins to get through seen as there was 1 person serving, the whole set up is a complete and utter shambles.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

@only2garners @K-Hod please would you again be able to flag up the piss poor service on the concourses at the moment which was brought up at the last forum I believe and typically of him, Waggott seems to have done nothing.

I went down 5 minutes before half time last night straight into a queue for a much needed beer, and at the point of the second half kicking off, I was 5 or 6 places away from the front of the queue still, which is pathetic. Every single person who joined the queue after me had given up and at that point I did too, in one queue of one concourse, that might be £100 down the drain so god knows how much money the club is failing to bring in by willing members of a skeletal attendance to begin with.

Surely they have to look at pre pouring drinks, the people serving are painfully slow but I am unsure if that element of it can be improved. If Waggott is worried that some people will not be content with pre poured drinks, maybe have some queues for pre poured, and some (which will invariably be longer although somewhat reduced) being poured on demand. Last night was the second half time of the season that I have gone for a pint and the second time that I have had no choice but to give up.

Yep, don’t worry, this also affected me and my mate Biz last night too.

I’ll be raising it at the next FF. 

Along with Mowbray not apologising for last night and also not applauding the fans at QPR. If there are any other items that you (or anyone else) want to be raised, send me a DM.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Yep, don’t worry, this also affected me and my mate Biz last night too.

I’ll be raising it at the next FF. 

Along with Mowbray not apologising for last night and also not applauding the fans at QPR. If there are any other items that you (or anyone else) want to be raised, send me a DM.

I'd like the Fans Forum to start becoming relevant in the current climate and concentrate on real issues not the price of a pie, having to queue for a pint or a broken speaker in  the Riverside etc. Surely all that type of trivia can be sorted with a phone call to the Club rather than waste limited and valuable face to face time with them.

Questions to be raised:

1) Can Waggott definitively confirm that the recent transfer of the STC was merely an accounting exercise for FFP purposes and that if the Club was ever sold in the future the STC would pass as part of the sale free from any incumbrances? i.e mortgage etc.

2) What was the Club's view on the  hard work spent in promoting the Sheffield United game being sabotaged by a Club record 0-7 home defeat three days prior? Why did the manager not deem it necessary to even apologise for such a display and why was he not sacked by 9a.m.the following morning on the back of it?

3) As if all that wasn't bad enough we also had players apparently "liking" the Club record defeat. Do the players have a formal code of conduct re their social media output and does the Club have a dedicated Internet manager to monitor players' output on social media and do they discipline players where appropriate? If not they're needed and one of the Club's army of analysts should be put to some actual practical use to enforce it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd like the Fans Forum to start becoming relevant in the current climate and concentrate on real issues not the price of a pie, having to queue for a pint or a broken speaker in  the Riverside etc. Surely all that type of trivia can be sorted with a phone call to the Club rather than waste limited and valuable face to face time with them.

It's not trivia though Rev. All put together, it amounts to what is now an appalling customer experience, irrespective of what is happening on the pitch.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s only when you go to away games, see what the likes of Accy are doing on a shoestring that you realise what a soulless, run down place Ewood is.

I think this needs to form the core of a wider question:

Other clubs are doing it better than us on less money. Why?

• Like 1

Personally think the fan forum is an absolute waste of time.

Waggott just constantly saying "I'll look into it"

He is quite possibly the worst CEO on the planet. What happened to the Macron shirts they said they'd raffle off?

It's absolutely pathetic the whole setup, "ooo Waggott yeah you look into it sounds great" 

Like there's zero accountability across the whole board of Rovers Employees.

Are they slowly trying to kill the club? 

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been there in ten years but from what I've seen and heard the state of Ewood is an absolute disgrace. 

Do you guys bail them up about that at these meetings? The stadium needs to be maintained properly. If there is cracks in the concrete etc then this needs rectifying immediately. If moisture gets into the steel then it will corrode and will become a disaster waiting to happen. 

We don't want Ewood to become the next Heysel