BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

Apologies if this has been covered. There needs to be an incentive for buying a ST and I don't just mean in cash terms. 

£10 tickets like last night (was it £5 for seniors??) plus the attractive "last 5 games" offer are making current ST holders think twice. 

• Moderation Lead
42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hopefully something has been lost in translation, but please don’t tell me that the forum were actually *encouraging* the club to introduce another price hike as long as the Riverside was a bit cheaper?

There was definitely not an encouragement of a price hike, believe me!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Another Fans Forum and I'm feeling underwhelmed again, apart from GB''s honest deadline day fiasco what have we learnt?

Season Ticket sales is of massive importance, do members not grill the club on this issue, or are the minutes watered down to suit the club.

I would have thought that even if the exact details of season ticket prices couldn't be given out, at least a general outline could have been given. IE, is there going to be an increase or a decrease in prices. Are there plans to make certain areas of the ground cheaper. 

The reason they've up the Riverside price in line with elsewhere and the reason the tv gantry was built in there was to get more in the JW and showcase that on telly.

Must say it does look miles better but cutting prices in there i think would just see more migrating back it's just shuffling the same papers around the desk.

There needs to be some kind of radical offer all around so there are several thousand take it up and that in turn would organically boost numbers in the riverside.  Especially if the BBE lower sold out, the aim should be 12k season ticket holders then games like last night would have seen 15k plus as it should have done.

Waggot has had 5 years now of squeezing what we have and the limit has been reached and breached they've only managed to shrink the ST base by several thousand whilst maintaining takings.

Totally counterproductive and has lead to lower gates that even we should be having whilst competing in the top 6.  Many of us have warned of this for years because we know how this town and fanbase work.

Once you lose regulars that money gets put towards something else in this area and after a pandemic and now cost of living scandal it'll prove nigh on impossible to get a lot back unless something radical is done and some bullets are bitten.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

On 15/03/2023 at 13:23, Gordon Gekko said:

Bought the red third shirt from the Macron website as it’s not been available on the Rovers website for about 6 months! came down today, what a beauty!

You not in UK? I tried that a while ago and couldn’t getting shipping to work. Seems daft there are shirts somewhere. I’d happily buy one at the mo but can’t and I imagine I’m not the only one.

Broughton came across very well and explained how the January went and the problems behind the O'Brien deal. Also explained how the recruitment process is going and how shortlists will work. Budgets for 2023/24 season are agreed already. 

Season tickets will be sale by Easter it's says. 

Another ticket deal for Norwich - £20.

If there's something riding on the Luton game (which looks increasingly likely) I'd like to see a Darwen End deal to get home fans behind both goals.

They've done it before with mixed results, but with the way things are going it can only add to an increasingly improved atmosphere, but on all 4 sides with away fans shoved upstairs to lessen their impact.

Is this something you could raise @only2garnersor would tickets already be on sale by the time you had your next meeting?

I just don't think we've enough of an active fanbase now to get a decent number behind both goals.

Sure they'd turn up at a tenner a ticket if we'd got promoted or were maybe guaranteed a play off place.  Would be nice to get half of it at least half full with home fans though with aways in the other half like it used to be.

Would make for a good atmosphere for sure.

1 hour ago, Ben-2000 said:

If there's something riding on the Luton game (which looks increasingly likely) I'd like to see a Darwen End deal to get home fans behind both goals.

They've done it before with mixed results, but with the way things are going it can only add to an increasingly improved atmosphere, but on all 4 sides with away fans shoved upstairs to lessen their impact.

Is this something you could raise @only2garnersor would tickets already be on sale by the time you had your next meeting?

We will be in the play-offs (or not) by the time of the next meeting on 16/5.

I think the club will be offering more price incentives if the last games are important though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I just don't think we've enough of an active fanbase now to get a decent number behind both goals.

Sure they'd turn up at a tenner a ticket if we'd got promoted or were maybe guaranteed a play off place.  Would be nice to get half of it at least half full with home fans though with aways in the other half like it used to be.

I’d prefer we open up the BBE Upper before the Darwen End to home fans. Let’s fill the ‘normal’ home ends first before expanding. Having 1k rovers fans scattered around the DE lower doesn’t look great.

Good that the Norwich prices are sensible. Hope we really see a noticeable increase in support to get us over the line.

17 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Hopefully something has been lost in translation, but please don’t tell me that the forum were actually *encouraging* the club to introduce another price hike as long as the Riverside was a bit cheaper?

Same fans forum that encouraged the club to raise match day ticket prices by £3 and drop them back down £3 at 12pm on match day in the Waggott tax days so it "looks better".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I’d prefer we open up the BBE Upper before the Darwen End to home fans. Let’s fill the ‘normal’ home ends first before expanding. Having 1k rovers fans scattered around the DE lower doesn’t look great.

Good that the Norwich prices are sensible. Hope we really see a noticeable increase in support to get us over the line.

There was about 1,000 last season when we had an outside chance of the play offs. This time I'm sure we'd double that and practically fill one of the half sections in the lower at least.

Pointless opening up a stand in the gods, barely impacts the atmosphere & who'd want to sit up there anyway realistically?

3 hours ago, Ben-2000 said:

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Would pretty much have to limit walk ons to Darwen End only and I think you’d get 5k for a playoff decider and ticket offer at the start of the summer. 

Would be great though I agree. Even if they sold 3k in there in the centre and put the edges under the advertising they currently use. 

It was full for Oxford, trying to remember what that stand was like for Bournemouth but I can’t fully remember.

Edited by superniko

1 hour ago, superniko said:

Would pretty much have to limit walk ons to Darwen End only and I think you’d get 5k for a playoff decider and ticket offer at the start of the summer. 

Would be great though I agree. Even if they sold 3k in there in the centre and put the edges under the advertising they currently use. 

It was full for Oxford, trying to remember what that stand was like for Bournemouth but I can’t fully remember.

The take up wasn't amazing for Bournemouth (around 1,000 I think) but we only had an outside chance of making the play off's.

This time we are right up there and I think it would do well. It can only be a positive thing!

3 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

As i said half of it like it used to be with a thousand or so in would be fine the section would be half full, no use opening all of it to se a few hundred scattered about.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Same fans forum that encouraged the club to raise match day ticket prices by £3 and drop them back down £3 at 12pm on match day in the Waggott tax days so it "looks better".

Imbeciles 

No wonder they don't often get it right listening to that kind of advice.

• Like 1

Exactly the kind of bollocks that will make folk think twice about renewing STs.

Between Huddersfield on the 5th November and Luton on the 29th April (and obviously every chance that moves too) we will have had *one* league game at Saturday 3pm.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Another reason why STs should have been on sale weeks ago with a proper early bird scheme in place.

Some people are going to need every incentive going to renew with the Sky Sports nonsense taking over and causing havoc with our fixtures, the best way to get people to commit is if they are doing so during a fantastic run of form and if they think they are making a saving.

But no, good old Waggott and Rovers will leave it until April/May at the earliest, probably time the release to coincide with disappointment or end of season and then 'freeze' prices (which will still represent an increase for many).

It is high time the club used some of the vast amounts recieved in additional TV money to give something back to the fans. They will have collected huge sums of money from Sky and through the healthy cup runs yet none of that will be used to reduce ticket prices - why not? Question for the next Forum perhaps.

I also think it is bizarre that they claim Venkys have already approved a budget for 2023-24 regardless of what division we find ourselves in but yet STs are still awaiting 'sign off' from India - how can they agree and approve an overall budget for the year and yet haven't even approved pricing on season tickets, which is surely a central element of our budget?

• Like 4