BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Barnsley. Sat 28 Nov 3pm

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Only change I'd make is Johnson for Trybull. Keep Gallagher up top. 

only change I would make is if someone has an injury. We have five from nine substitutes available if things are not going right during the game. What sort of message does it send out if after such a good win players are dropped for other players of similar ability.

I think Elliott will play, because there'll be clauses in his loan agreement that ensure it from Liverpool's perspective. Gallagher did well against Preston for sure, but Elliott had 6 good games out of 7 before that and didn't really deserve to be dropped either.

Mowbray did specifically say after PNE that “On my board we’ve got 11 fixtures between now and the new year and players like 17-year-old Harvey Elliott can’t be playing all of them."

I dont think there would be any realistic expectation for Elliott to play every single game, and having got a knock I hardly expect that Liverpool would be in any way annoyed should he not start tomorrow, I think obviously its a different matter should he have ever been regularly out of the team and we would have been financially penalised should that have happened.

No doubts from me that Elliott is a better player than Gallagher but I think the latter could feel hard done by should he be dropped tomorrow. No need to make any changes to the starting line up.

• Like 6

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray did specifically say after PNE that “On my board we’ve got 11 fixtures between now and the new year and players like 17-year-old Harvey Elliott can’t be playing all of them."

I dont think there would be any realistic expectation for Elliott to play every single game, and having got a knock I hardly expect that Liverpool would be in any way annoyed should he not start tomorrow, I think obviously its a different matter should he have ever been regularly out of the team and we would have been financially penalised should that have happened.

No doubts from me that Elliott is a better player than Gallagher but I think the latter could feel hard done by should he be dropped tomorrow. No need to make any changes to the starting line up.

Think that's right - I'd expect him to play some point tomorrow but probably from the bench.

On Gallagher, there's a very good chance that we'll never see value for money for him, but if we are then we have to be playing him when he's on form. He's played a very big part in the points we've picked up over the last week, so keeping him there makes perfect sense for now.

28 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Think that's right - I'd expect him to play some point tomorrow but probably from the bench.

On Gallagher, there's a very good chance that we'll never see value for money for him, but if we are then we have to be playing him when he's on form. He's played a very big part in the points we've picked up over the last week, so keeping him there makes perfect sense for now.

Play him in that old " inside right " role and give him some decent service and he'll be a threat. He needs the ball early and he doesn't want to be out on the touch line.

• Like 2

12 goals for Gally as a striker under Coyle. Bears repeating. And if we are going to start playing him a bit more infield than he has been stuck out on the wing, his performances will surely improve. He has to get in the box more, it's as simple as that. You don't see Salah and Mane stuck on the wing for 90 mins, and we are meant to be copying Liverpool's style. Hopefully Mowbray has worked it out. 

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Play him in that old " inside right " role and give him some decent service and he'll be a threat. He needs the ball early and he doesn't want to be out on the touch line.

Sure it has already been mentioned on here, but having Douglas at left back should really help get the most out of him in that role. In fact our change in approach generally has made the team a bit more 'Gallagher friendly' this year, even if he hasn't played enough to really show it. 

Think we need to be reconciled to him never fixing his heavy first touch, but a fit and confident Gallagher can be a real asset if we use him properly. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Sure it has already been mentioned on here, but having Douglas at left back should really help get the most out of him in that role. In fact our change in approach generally has made the team a bit more 'Gallagher friendly' this year, even if he hasn't played enough to really show it. 

Think we need to be reconciled to him never fixing his heavy first touch, but a fit and confident Gallagher can be a real asset if we use him properly. 

He needs balls he can run on to,  not balls were he has to control them under pressure.

• Like 2

Probs most important thing for Gallagher is what sort of partnership he strikes up with Douglas. Thats where his crosses are coming from in this system.

They should be working on that every day in training. Ideally you want to get it where Conway and Gestede got to, where Conway knew exactly where Gestede wanted the ball.

We haven't really had much quality crossing from the left to be honest since Gallagher has been at the club. Downing ended up playing more centrally.

• Like 3

Anyone else being charged for Ifollow in different currencies?

The Luton game was £10, the Preston game was 14 Australian Dollars and my Barnsley one is 8 Euros! All bought on the same device and internet provider and the exchange rate isn`t even correct.

My server is based in Germany.

Edited by PerthBlues

1 hour ago, PerthBlues said:

Anyone else being charged for Ifollow in different currencies?

The Luton game was £10, the Preston game was 14 Australian Dollars and my Barnsley one is 8 Euros! All bought on the same device and internet provider and the exchange rate isn`t even correct.

My server is based in Germany.

Im here in Sweden and its the same for me! Assie dollars, Euros. Works out about £7 a game. 

Personally I am still 100% behind the manager as I genuinely do feel that he has improved us year on year. 

However we have had a few false dawns in the past. Just as we are on the verge of the playoffs we always seem to fluff it 

These next 2 games give us a perfect opportunity to set a marker down and show what we are all about. No excuses at all this squad is capable of playoffs bare minimum. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

I think Elliott will play, because there'll be clauses in his loan agreement that ensure it from Liverpool's perspective. Gallagher did well against Preston for sure, but Elliott had 6 good games out of 7 before that and didn't really deserve to be dropped either.

I doubt it was ‘dropped’ , Joe. The lad is 17 and has gone into hard competitive football playing a daft amount of games including England last week  . I think Liverpool would expect us to look after him a bit not flog him to death .

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TBTF said:

I doubt it was ‘dropped’ , Joe. The lad is 17 and has gone into hard competitive football playing a daft amount of games including England last week  . I think Liverpool would expect us to look after him a bit not flog him to death .

Yes, it would be mental if Liverpool have put clauses in making him play every game and then he gets a long term injury.

I'll be really surprised if he starts this weekend.

• Backroom

Barnsley have scored exactly 2 goals against us the last 6 games running.

In 14 matches against them since 1997 they've only failed to score once (0-0 draw in 2001).

If we keep a clean sheet today I'll be stunned and pleasantly surprised. 

In reality, I think we need to score at least 2 goals, possibly 3 to win. 

• Like 1

Hoping for a similar performance we managed against the nobbers.

Kaminski

Nyambe          Lenihan       Wharton      Douglas

Holtby    Johnson     Rothwell

Gally             Arma           Big Ben

Elliot and Dolan on the bench, bring em on around 65 mins to terrorise tired Yarkshire legs.

Come on Rovers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Silas said:

Barnsley have scored exactly 2 goals against us the last 6 games running.

In 14 matches against them since 1997 they've only failed to score once (0-0 draw in 2001).

If we keep a clean sheet today I'll be stunned and pleasantly surprised. 

In reality, I think we need to score at least 2 goals, possibly 3 to win. 

We have a better keeper now?