BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Millwall. Wed 2nd Dec 7.45pm

Just now, TheWeasel said:

I feel like the back four is way too narrow and the midfield aren’t picking up their men going back. We’ll get punished if we continue like that 

I really don’t think Bell knows where he is meant to be 90% of the time

• Like 4

Really poor performance so far, certainly not the first time this season that Mowbray has got the balance of the side wrong, often he has played a defensive midfielder too far forward, tonight there are too many attackers and not enough in midfield.

They are targetting our left side and understandably as Bell is well short of the quality required. Ayala looks very rusty and has been all over the place as has Kaminskis kicking. Brereton and Johnson have been poor too. One bit of sublime quality from Elliott though.

Maybe a night for Downing and Rothwell to give us some more balance.

The crowd noise is awful and should be stopped. And the pitch is not taking the quantity of matches too well either.

Commentary wasnt working so listened to the Millwall commentary team who are much better to be fair.

Draw probably a fair result at HT. Plenty to play for, good options on the bench.

This was always gonna be bloody tough people, calm down a little.

I must say I'd put Downing on for Bell though, an average player like Romeo is getting the better of him. Ayala looks rusty but it is what it is, he's gonna need game time if we want him to get back up to speed, a gamble we could do without but Wharton being out left little choice.

• Like 1

Millwall's passing is so much crisper than our's. Johnson really struggling. 

Elliott sensational, Holtby not at his best but Johnson just not fitting in. I'd rather have Davenport than Johnson.

We look dangerous every time we somehow get the ball forward but we have got to get that midfield platform sorted.

Brereton came into it in the last five minutes but his shooting was wayward.

Overall, an open game with both teams looking dangerous. Brereton really seems to have worked on his strength. Midfield very pedestrian. BJ off for Trybull please.

Every opposition team will lick their lips when they see Bell in the team with a forward (a long way) in front of him. An open invitation to cross at will. Downing to come on out of panicked necessity. Nyambe equally leaves his wing but then has the gumption to get back there again when he is needed (the goal aside when the gaping holes were even more shocking than normal).

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Johnson looks (and plays) like a rugby player. Lumbering, thick set, unfit. 

As I say though, on his day he’s unplayable at this level. Mowbray needs to get to the bottom of it with this bloke. On days like today he’s a complete liability. Too many miles from Derby perhaps.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

As I say though, on his day he’s unplayable at this level. Mowbray needs to get to the bottom of it with this bloke. On days like today he’s a complete liability. Too many miles from Derby every day perhaps.

He is so inconsistent, and when he is bad he is a total liability in there, like the first 35mins or so tonight.

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Not a great first half. Three up front really leaves us lacking legs in midfield. Gally off, Rothy on. 

Commentator said bell has been here 4 years, please get a replacement soon Tony. 

If it helps, which it won't, it's just under 3 years. Across 4 seasons though.

Just now, tomphil said:

I think Johnsons problem is the same as all the older players we tend to sign = can't play back to back.  

Downing being the exception last season, i fear Ayala might turn out to be the same as the others though.

i`ve always had the feeling he only signed for one last contract,he`s never been fit in the whole time he`s been here,personally id`e give the young lad davenport a run and see how he goes