BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Millwall. Wed 2nd Dec 7.45pm

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

4 wins out of 5 makes a huge difference in this league. Did not play well but then neither did they. Too many of our players not at the races today but we showed good quality for both goals while they relied on lumping it into the mixer.

We will play better and lose.

We have. Bournemouth in particular. 

If we’d have won that we’d be second instead of them and I’d be insufferable

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 3

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Astonishing the ref did not insist on it being changed for a colour clash.

I agree. There was one point in the 1st half when the ball was played back to Kaminski in green and I thought it was to one of them.

• Like 1

First of all I really really hope Ben is alright but that was a bad challenge.

Ref was rubbish mostly disadvantageously for us apart from not seeing Rovers playing basketball in our 6 yard box. Two stonewall penalties in the two magicked up minutes added on to the 4 extra minutes at the end.

Not having commented during the second half I don't have any venting to support unlike most of you.

Not a classic performance but I thought we marginally improved second half largely because Johnson wasn't anywhere near as bad as he had been first half. Buckley's decision making was poor when he came on and Dolan looked like he was going to destroy them so we stopped finding him with promising balls.

In the final analysis there were three pieces of sheer class which made the difference- Rothwell's surge and pass, Downing teasing run along the edge of their box and Armstrong finally getting slightly better than a half chance to bury it.

Phew!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Nice little habit of digging games out finally developing this team is mentally stronger than in the past now.

Credit to Millwall always ugly twohats to play against and they were doing a number on us but good old Armstrong. He's becoming the Rhodes of this team.

Very valuable win that, bollocks to the starting tactics again though.

Tell that to my Wednesday mate. The sub who was subbed on Saturday. ?

13 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

And whatever contention they may have with the referee at the end, he gave nearly 2 minutes extra time on top of the 4 minutes stoppage time already played, for no reason at all.

Well there was the time for the goal celebration and three substitutes, one of whom (Armstrong), took an age to get off. Seemed about right to me.

3 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Feel like that December game against Wigan last year - blowing the chance to enter the top 6, losing Dack - that pretty much defined our season then.

Get the point, hopefully Dack & Travis come back sometime in December, that may define our season in our advantage.