BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

34 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Think we'll need to bring in some cover at right back. Would appear to be the most pressing issue.

Was thinking the same earlier, genuinely don't know what we do if Nyambe gets injured whilst JRC/Bennett are out. Pike from the Ressies?

On Arma, suspect that there might be 2 + 2 = 5 going on after they've looked in the Championship recently for Bowen and Benrahma. Having said that, if we take those two as a yardstick, we have to be looking at £20million plus to even start he conversation, and even then only if he's desperate to go and won't sign a new deal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still exhausted from the last week of the last window.

Government hasn't got anything ready for end of transition so will this window be the last under the old rules?

In which case we might see a rush of signings of players from the EU.

Now leagues 1 and 2 have their bail out, we might see some youngster loan outs although the salary caps could be a problem.

All three loanees have recall clauses.

Liverpool are through their injury crisis in midfield/ up front so unless they have seen enough in Elliott's Rovers performances to see him going into the first team squad, he should be staying at Rovers.

Leeds might decide Douglas is needed given their leakages at the back in which case left back becomes a screaming priority unless Pike gets his chance and impresses.

After their injury experiences, Trybull must surely be recalled by Norwich though. Travis would be a superior option if he is back fully fit and we should therefore have the options of Travis, Johnson, Holtby, Davenport, Buckley, Rothwell, and even Dack, JRC, Elliott and Chapman in midfield (I am assuming Evans is not recovered before February next) so rushing to get a replacement won't be highest priority but would this create a (whisper it) Whiteman hole?

Edited by philipl

Given the Wharton injury there's one obvious signing for me, on loan.

Step forward Cedric Kipre.

Billic has suggested he will be available on loan in January, we wanted him back in the summer so why not bring him in now instead. 

Could also cover at right back which is badly needed as we're walking another tightrope there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Given the Wharton injury there's one obvious signing for me, on loan.

Step forward Cedric Kipre.

Billic has suggested he will be available on loan in January, we wanted him back in the summer so why not bring him in now instead. 

Could also cover at right back which is badly needed as we're walking another tightrope there.

Good call that one.

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I.would be very surprise if we sign anyone in January. 

I dont see Douglas, Elliott or Trybull being recalled by their parent clubs

If we paid a loan fee then they can't be recalled unless the rules have changed this season. 

Surely it would be best to try and get contract issues sorted first, though I can't see nyambe signing a new one. 

On 06/12/2020 at 09:15, chaddyrovers said:

I.would be very surprise if we sign anyone in January. 

I dont see Douglas, Elliott or Trybull being recalled by their parent clubs

If we are in automatic promotion contention in January, we would be mad not to make a signing or two to try to seal it.

Norwich would be bonkers not to recall Trybull. 

51 minutes ago, philipl said:

If we are in automatic promotion contention in January, we would be mad not to make a signing or two to try to seal it.

Norwich would be bonkers not to recall Trybull. 

Why would Norwich recall a player they didnt want.

Also with us being FFP rules, we must be on the line on breaking them. 

Yes I would like a couple of signings but I do think we have very strong squad already as Saturday proved. Plus we have players like Pike coming through. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would Norwich recall a player they didnt want.

Also with us being FFP rules, we must be on the line on breaking them. 

Yes I would like a couple of signings but I do think we have very strong squad already as Saturday proved. Plus we have players like Pike coming through. 

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-injury-list-in-full-6569038

This is also a handy reference for next Saturday.

Norwich are squealing but 13 is only the same number of injuries as we have faced in a couple of games so far this season. Undoubtedly Trybull would have been an ever present at Norwich in the last four games had he still been there.

FFP has been extended for 12 months so with several players looking capable of generating bigger transfer fees than they were only three months ago, FFP can be gamed more freely than it could be last summer.

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-injury-list-in-full-6569038

This is also a handy reference for next Saturday.

Norwich are squealing but 13 is only the same number of injuries as we have faced in a couple of games so far this season. Undoubtedly Trybull would have been an ever present at Norwich in the last four games had he still been there.

FFP has been extended for 12 months so with several players looking capable of generating bigger transfer fees than they were only three months ago, FFP can be gamed more freely than it could be last summer.

I genuinely do not rate Trybull at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Personally think the most worrying thing being that:

Nyambe

Rothwell

Holtby

Are all free to talk to other clubs in 24 days?!

Who cares about signings if we lose those 3 we are a very weak team.

To replace Nyambe or Rothwell is going to cost millions. 

Absolutely.  Rothwell has just put 5k on his next wage with the goal on Saturday. 

I believe Nyambe decided to run his contract down when he was sitting on the bench watching Benno play there last season for too many games.

Shoddy management but he will blame the Indians and just sail through on his big wages

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

I genuinely do not rate Trybull at all. 

Being realistic, he is not going to get much game time ahead of a fit Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell and Travis and will be duking it out with Buckley, Davenport and Evans (plus possibly JRC and whoever are the upfront selection casualties between Dack, Gallagher, Brereton, Elliott, Armstrong, Dolan and Chapman if we are playing a more progressive player in midfield) if we can ever get everybody fit.