BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He made the bench because Bartley was out injured,now hes back on the bench Kipre is back out of the squad

You said he hasn't made the matchday squad all season which is wrong, he's made it the last 3 games for example 🤣

Arsenal are looking to loan William Saliba out to a Championship club. Would be a shrewd move if we could pull it off. I think Nathaniel Phillips would be a shoe in if it wasn't for Liverpool's injury problems at centre back. Currently, they only have him and Rhys Williams as options to play alongside Fabinho so I can't imagine that one happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

You said he hasn't made the matchday squad all season which is wrong, he's made it the last 3 games for example 🤣

And now they have fit players hes back in the stands,i have to wonder how good he is after Bilic and now Allardyce both have decided no to  giving him a go even though they have the worst defence in the prem.

11 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

And now they have fit players hes back in the stands,i have to wonder how good he is after Bilic and now Allardyce both have decided no to  giving him a go even though they have the worst defence in the prem.

Getting beasted by Arsenal atm, might be room in their side for him yet?

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

People accuse Mowbray of predictable signings, on that, can we move on from Kipre please? 

I just hope we get someone who actually stays fit. Ayala seems to be one who will do well to play 60 games over 3 seasons 

Why move on? He's likely to be available to loan and we wanted him previously, its a lot more likely than plucking a name out of thin air.

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Arsenal are looking to loan William Saliba out to a Championship club. Would be a shrewd move if we could pull it off. I think Nathaniel Phillips would be a shoe in if it wasn't for Liverpool's injury problems at centre back. Currently, they only have him and Rhys Williams as options to play alongside Fabinho so I can't imagine that one happening.

Williams looks decent, I'd have him on loan any day but like you say, liverpool arent well stocked in fit central defenders at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did you not just literally say he was shit one post up? 

That doesn't mean it won't happen though, have you seen our track record with defenders lately? He wasn't shit at Wigan but appears to have stalled badly, West Brom have a -28 goal difference yet he can't get a game, something very odd.

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

That doesn't mean it won't happen though, have you seen our track record with defenders lately? He wasn't shit at Wigan but appears to have stalled badly, West Brom have a -28 goal difference yet he can't get a game, something very odd.

Personally think he burnt bridges here by backtracking on an agreed deal. I think WBA took a chance as he was low cost. Doesn't appear anyway ready for PL football anyway. If we go for a loan, I would certainly look elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Kipre did what everyone would have done in his position, he went to a higher division for more money. 

In regards to potentially signing, he is a player who excelled at this level last season which would perhaps put him ahead of very young centre backs with little experience that may be available elsewhere, therefore it would be cutting our nose off to spite our face to dismiss the possibility out of pettiness that he didnt join in the first place.

He went back on his word after delaying the deal for weeks and any manager worth his salt will tell him to do one. 

You are over hyping him to say he "excelled" at this level. Would have been a more competitive race than us and WBA if that was the case. 

Whether he is better than a young centre back from a PL club is completely dependent on who the player is and numerous other factors. Maybe he would be better,maybe he wouldn't. As things stand he can't make the bench for West brom and the top clubs have some excellent young centre halves. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He went back on his word after delaying the deal for weeks and any manager worth his salt will tell him to do one. 

Rubbish. Any manager worth his salt would get over himself and do what was in the best interests of the club he manages. That would be bringing him in (IF the manager believed he was what we needed) and not childishly stroking his bruised ego. What happened in the summer happened in the summer, we need a manager who bases his decisions on what the needs are for the second half of the season. 1

• Like 8

Crooke running a story now on Lancs Live saying we have contacted the baggies about Kipre.

I would say that ones very likely to happen. The only reason it won't is if Sam looks at another defensive collapse by them last night and thinking he might be able to do a job, or of course Kipre himself gets a better offer.....