BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1061029578?-11198:839

Link with Harry Pickering at Crewe. The long term answer to lb?

Would be good signing and investment for us. Did recommend him in the summer after Andy Watson from Rovers chat did his detailed scouting report for potential signings for Rovers last summer

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

Any of us would do the same as Kipre did to better himself. 

And some of us said it was the wrong move for Kipre going to WBA at the time as he wouldnt play much which he hasnt and barely be back up player. At his age he needed regular first team football and coming here in the summer he would have got that. Chasing the money isnt always the answer

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And some of us said it was the wrong move for Kipre going to WBA at the time as he wouldnt play much which he hasnt and barely be back up player. At his age he needed regular first team football and coming here in the summer he would have got that. Chasing the money isnt always the answer

He backed his own ability to go and play and make it in one of the best leagues in the world you can't blame anyone for that.

Would you want Rovers to be signing a player who didn't back his own ability and was content to stay playing Championship football, rather than challenging himself?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He backed his own ability to go and play and make it in one of the best leagues in the world you can't blame anyone for that.

Would you want Rovers to be signing a player who didn't back his own ability and was content to stay playing Championship football, rather than challenging himself?

And he never played in the PL. coming here he would have regular and could have part us getting promote. 

Back his ability all you want but it was very obvious that He wasn't Bilic signing before he signed there. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And he never played in the PL. coming here he would have regular and could have part us getting promote. 

Back his ability all you want but it was very obvious that He wasn't Bilic signing before he signed there. 

So you want a team of players who are content to play in the Championship even when the opportunity to play in the top flight arises. No wonder you are so happy with Mowbray in charge. No ambition.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

So you want a team of players who are content to play in the Championship even when the opportunity to play in the top flight arises. No wonder you are so happy with Mowbray in charge. No ambition.

Why move to club when the head coach doesnt want you and you are 5th or 6th choice there. Bartley, Ajayi, O'Shea and Ivanovic all ahead of him. So why move there? Pointless move. I rather play regular first team and performing well instead of not playing and just training

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

At his age he needed regular first team football and coming here in the summer he would have got that. Chasing the money isnt always the answer

It is if it's money you're motivated by. Not all footballers care if they play 1st team football. Some don't even like football. Some will care about a 4 year contract that sets them up for life though I'd imagine. 

And, anyway, who's to say he didn't believe he could be a Prem regular? Just because it hasn't worked out doesn't mean he was wrong to take a chance at playing at the highest level he possibly could.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why move to club when the head coach doesnt want you and you are 5th or 6th choice there. Bartley, Ajayi, O'Shea and Ivanovic all ahead of him. So why move there? Pointless move. I rather play regular first team and performing well instead of not playing and just training

Ivanovic wasn't there when he signed and having seen the their other defenders Kipre probably thought that he could displace them and having seen them he certainly couldn't do any worse than them. 

I'd rather have a player who backs himself to make it at the highest level than someone who is content to just play in the second tier for the whole of their career. That's the problem with Rovers at the moment we have fans, players and a manager who are just content to plod along in mid table of the second tier. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Ivanovic wasn't there when he signed and having seen the their other defenders Kipre probably thought that he could displace them and having seen them he certainly couldn't do any worse than them. 

I'd rather have a player who backs himself to make it at the highest level than someone who is content to just play in the second tier for the whole of their career. That's the problem with Rovers at the moment we have fans, players and a manager who are just content to plod along in mid table of the second tier. 

Ivanovic was linked before he signed there. Bilic wanted him. So Kipre wasnt a Bilic's signing so why go there? 

We wanted him. He was at Brockhall. Our 1st choice. Would have been regular here. Why go to PL club to be at best 4th or 5th choice instead of being 1st choice here and getting us promote and then he would have PL football then. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ivanovic was linked before he signed there. Bilic wanted him. So Kipre wasnt a Bilic's signing so why go there? 

We wanted him. He was at Brockhall. Our 1st choice. Would have been regular here. Why go to PL club to be at best 4th or 5th choice instead of being 1st choice here and getting us promote and then he would have PL football then. 

For the money and possibility of Prem football. It isnt difficult. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Kipre on loan would be an awful signing, for numerous reasons. 

Fingers crossed that's not the one and it sounds like it won't be. 

I won't reply to your condescending post before this.

Anyway, take out the fact that he apparently gave his word to come here and didn't (which is nonsense anyway).

If its a choice between him and Johnson at centre half for the next few months surely its not an awful signing?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I think we are over thinking this Kipre transfer as if it’s a girl who shafted us by getting a new fella, now it’s gone tits up and she wants to come back home.

Only, football isn’t like that, pride doesn’t come into it nearly as much for a club like us. If we can get better than we currently have, then, there’s no reason we shouldn’t look to sign anyone matching that description. You need to sign better players than you already have to improve, t’was ever thus.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do you know he would have been a regular here? I thought Mowbray didn't guarantee a regular spot to signings. When Bauer didn't sign last year you said that no signing should be assured of being a regular. 

I also don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about a Frenchman who has no allegiance to any club in England moving to a club in the biggest most watched League in the world over a mid table second tier club.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

My only issue with loaning in Kipre is that if he comes in and does well for us, he has 3 years left on his current contract so WBA will be able to sell for a good profit, likely to be out of our price range or WBA go down and he goes back as a championship regular next year. 

It's not a massive gripe and we should still loan him if possible, just feels like we are doing WBA a massive favour all round and only short term for ourselves.

Bit like Tosin last season, we basically got him a transfer away from City with us not being in the running.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

How do you know he would have been a regular here? I thought Mowbray didn't guarantee a regular spot to signings. When Bauer didn't sign last year you said that no signing should be assured of being a regular. 

I also don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about a Frenchman who has no allegiance to any club in England moving to a club in the biggest most watched League in the world over a mid table second tier club.

You missed out the bit were he also probably doubled his wages but hey ho what footballers care more about their wages ?

I've known players who wouldn't cross the thresh hold of a football club if they weren't on freebie. Paying to come in just didn't form part of their thinking.

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

My only issue with loaning in Kipre is that if he comes in and does well for us, he has 3 years left on his current contract so WBA will be able to sell for a good profit, likely to be out of our price range or WBA go down and he goes back as a championship regular next year. 

It's not a massive gripe and we should still loan him if possible, just feels like we are doing WBA a massive favour all round and only short term for ourselves.

Bit like Tosin last season, we basically got him a transfer away from City with us not being in the running.

There’s only any value in loaning Kipre if he’s the difference between us finishing outside the top 6 and inside the top 6. 

As far as I’m concerned we rolled the dice this window and went for it. Yes, we’ve suffered some bad injuries and COVID has hit the squad. But signing a defender like Kipre on loan stinks of throwing good money after bad. Unless of course, he makes the difference. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

There’s only any value in loaning Kipre if he’s the difference between us finishing outside the top 6 and inside the top 6. 

As far as I’m concerned we rolled the dice this window and went for it. Yes, we’ve suffered some bad injuries and COVID has hit the squad. But signing a defender like Kipre on loan stinks of throwing good money after bad. Unless of course, he makes the difference. 

Signing players that " make a difference " isn't our style at the moment. We just want squad fillers.

• Like 2

Its too simplistic to be reluctant to sign loans in case the season doesnt result in a top 6 finish. I appreciate the logic but if we were unwilling to sign a loanee to fix a blatant area of weakness on that basis then that would essentially be throwing in the towel half way through the season. 

• Like 1