BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

51 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Were Hartlepool even playing him?I thought I read something that suggested Hartlepool didn't want to extend his loan?

Hope the Carter departure means we are close to bringing 2 centre halfs in rather than replacing Carter with Magloire

In and out of the team but missed a few games due to an injury.

42 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Magloire turns 23 this year and if he can't get game time now with only Lenihan fit then you have to wonder does he have any sort of future at the club.

The boy has clearly been very unfortunate with the timing of his injuries - but I'm inclined to agree.

There could very easily be a good player in there, but unless he's playing well at a much higher level in the next twelve months, it'll be best for all concerned for him to move on. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, neophox said:

A big difference going to Hartlepool in conference league and Burton in league one.

IF Magloire was outstanding in conference league but has he? Wheres the goals?

How many are you expecting him to score as a defender, maybe midfield? For the record he scored one at Hartlepool.

• Like 1

Whiteman is going in as the star of Prestons show. Good luck to the lad. I don’t think he’d get a game with us tbh...he better / more effective than Travis? Holtby? Rothwell?. No chance.

Hopefully he does great and fulfills his potential. Tbf I couldn’t give a shiny shit about Preston. Be a couple in here excited about this deal though...👀🤣🤣

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Whiteman is going in as the star of Prestons show. Good luck to the lad. I don’t think he’d get a game with us tbh...he better / more effective than Travis? Holtby? Rothwell?. No chance.

Hopefully he does great and fulfills his potential. Tbf I couldn’t give a shiny shit about Preston. Be a couple in here excited about this deal though...👀🤣🤣

He would slot in nicely.  Give it a rest. I see no mention of your blue eyed boy... 🙄

57 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No need for the last sentence and emojis - rather weakens your argument and credibility. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Whiteman looks as though he can do it against 11 men which immediately makes him a better player than Holbty. Also as you are talking about midfielders how come you made no mention of the boy wonder? 

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Whiteman looks as though he can do it against 11 men which immediately makes him a better player than Holbty. Also as you are talking about midfielders how come you made no mention of the boy wonder? 

Holtby is a former German international who has played in both the premier league and Bundesliga.Whiteman has spent his career in league one.

The bit IV seen of Whiteman he looks handy and feel he will make the step up, although Holtby form here has been inconsistent he is still a quality player and has had a far better career than Whiteman to date 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Holtby is a former German international who has played in both the premier league and Bundesliga.Whiteman has spent his career in league one.

The bit IV seen of Whiteman he looks handy and feel he will make the step up, although Holtby form here has been inconsistent he is still a quality player and has had a far better career than Whiteman to date 

True.  We haven't got the Holtby of 15 years ago.  Ours is a 1 in 4 player.  We need consistency,  solid, passing and the ability to score goals from midfield.  Big strong lad to go next to Lewis.  They could have been the next 5 years for us...

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The key words with Holtby is former and played. I'm not saying he wasn't a good player but he's well past his best now. This season he has only really performed against 10 men other than that he's put in a lot of sub par, half hearted performances.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The key words with Holtby is former and played. I'm not saying he wasn't a good player but he's well past his best now. This season he has only really performed against 10 men other than that he's put in a lot of sub par, half hearted performances.

Holtby is not good enough for the championship as seen by his performances in the last 2 months....