BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

1 hour ago, rigger said:

But can he defend ? Amari Bell had a similar write-up when we bought him.

Amari'i Bell's League One data for 2017/18 couldn't be further from the same as Harry Pickering's for 2020/21.

Whoever picks up HP at that price is getting a bargain, and a very good footballer.

35 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Amari'i Bell's League One data for 2017/18 couldn't be further from the same as Harry Pickering's for 2020/21.

Whoever picks up HP at that price is getting a bargain, and a very good footballer.

I am not a great one for judging a footballer by data. I revert to my original question. Can Pickering defend? 

PS. A bargain can only be judged in hindsight.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rigger said:

But can he defend ? Amari Bell had a similar write-up when we bought him.

Yes, not one example of him going up against a winger in his own half or a contested header etc,

I find it more revealing to look at what's not on these videos than what is.  Brererton's is a classic example.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

What he does in those videos he does very well. Takes up quite a peculiar position when attacking. In that he is far more narrow rather than hugging the touchline.

Regardless. I highly doubt we will be bringing him in. We've got no money. We probably scouted him a bit in the summer. Went for the experience of Douglas. Now we are being linked with him by the odd bloke on Twitter. If he were still there in the summer then maybe. And after seeing the Douglas masterclass of terrible defending I'd be very much interested to see how that aspect of his game is before getting excited.

Bid in for Harry Pickering according to everyone’s favourite Alan Nixon.

Rumour is they’re accepting offers just above £500,000. Absolutely mental how low that figure is. They’ve rejected closer £3m in the summer and tied him down to a new deal.

Shearer jokes aside, this guy really does know his stuff and has been working as a pundit on Sky this season having been recognised for his top data and recruitment work.

I'll stick to what I said yesterday. I don't care who we sign as I don't think it will make an ounce of difference. 

This lad might be a good un, he might be crap. I've never heard of him so don't know. 

Eventually the revolving door of players will stop and people will realise that the problem is in the dugout and not just on the pitch. We could sign prime Maldini and we'd still concede goals galore under this manager.

All this does is buy him more time as fans get excited by a new arrival or two to take us through to the summer.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'll stick to what I said yesterday. I don't care who we sign as I don't think it will make an ounce of difference.

Whether he gets us a Top 6 spot or not, he’s a player that adds financial value, as his potential, age, ability and nationality make him a saleable asset. There’s a high probability we’ll make a tidy profit on him at the price we’re buying him for too, just like Dack and Armstrong hopefully.